Running Bear's May 2022 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Afternoon All,

Spent the morning at the VA and got scheduled for surgery (very minor) on the 9th of June. This is fast for the VA. After getting home I did chores until I decided enough was enough. Tomorrow is grandsons' graduation, so I won't be in and not until late on Saturday.

Smudge- I'm all for buying something Pennsy! :)

Hughie- Nice job.

Karl- Really nice layout shot.

Terry- I hope you feel better.

Joe- Nice photo. It's 44 years for us in June.

Jeff- Good for you! Can you take some of mine?:D

I hope everyone has a good night.

Huge Yes fan! Alan White had big shoes to fill when Bill Bruford went to King Crimson. He filled those shoes well!

I saw him perform with Yes in 1979, I think. They performed "in the round" meaning they were on a stage at center court. The stage rotated, and Alan's drum set was on another "turntable" that rose above the main stage and spun on its own. Pretty sure that was in Notre Dame's ACC Auditorium.

Smudge- I'm all for buying something Pennsy! :)
Yeah, I like Pennsy too, trying finding the Loco's here is a pain, (wierdly rolling stock are a dime a dozen) there are a few, but badly cared for, various parts missing/broken, and you know what a pain getting spares here is, but I've decided not to get the Scaletrains, simply because it's too long for my curves, and I don't really need another shelf queen, as I don't have any shelves, (I rent, so no drilling holes etc.) so it will just sit in it's box, in another box, under a table and never see the light of day. ☹️

Good Afternoon Everyone out there in Model Train Land. The warm front came through and its warm and humid. Rain later and we need the rain.

I always like Ray Liota and the gangster parts he played. He will be missed.

Question for everyone.....I can't recall the name of a company that sells replacement shells and other body parts for HO locomotive. Can anyone help me with the name of the company? I need a Proto 2000 SOO GP38-2 shell and hand rails.

Not much to report on the HO modeling front.

We just had a airplane crash near Timmerman Field in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin. No real information as of yet but I suspect it was in a residential area of Wauwatosa.

Later.....

Greg

#################

100_1378.JPG
A tire company near the Pine River yard which is in the back. The wooden shed is now located at the Saxeville Interchange. I've since added operating grade crossing signals and more LED lighting.-Greg

Good Afternoon Everyone out there in Model Train Land. The warm front came through and its warm and humid. Rain later and we need the rain.

Question for everyone.....I can't recall the name of a company that sells replacement shells and other body parts for HO locomotive. Can anyone help me with the name of the company? I need a Proto 2000 SOO GP38-2 shell and hand rails.

We just had a airplane crash near Timmerman Field in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin. No real information as of yet but I suspect it was in a residential area of Wauwatosa.

Later.....

Greg

#################

View attachment 146504
A tire company near the Pine River yard which is in the back. The wooden shed is now located at the Saxeville Interchange. I've since added operating grade crossing signals and more LED lighting.-Greg
Lines West sells body shell parts (cabs, high and low nose kits etc.), Cannon and Co also, Proto Power West or A-Line. to name a few. There are also some companies doing resin shells. If you are looking for a specific road name and are patient, then I would suggest putting all the info as a "saved search" on eBay. There may not be one there now, but in time when one shoes up you will get alerted.

Huge Yes fan! Alan White had big shoes to fill when Bill Bruford went to King Crimson. He filled those shoes well!

I saw him perform with Yes in 1979, I think. They performed "in the round" meaning they were on a stage at center court. The stage rotated, and Alan's drum set was on another "turntable" that rose above the main stage and spun on its own. Pretty sure that was in Notre Dame's ACC Auditorium.

Yeah. Yes is my fave. Espedcially original and classic (ie Bruford and White on drums, Banks and Howe on guitar). My son and I saw them in Mesa in 2014 (the concert they made the tour DVD from) and had meet and greet. While the person I really wanted to meet was Chris Squire (RIP) as a bassist and fan of his since I was in high school/college, and he was nice and collegial, Alan White was the most personable and the one who showed the most sincere interest in each person. I really appreciate meeting him for real after decades of listening to him.

I knew he had been having health problems but this still came as a shock.

GUY: remember- measure twice, cut once, or so my dad told me ;)
Anniversary: my folks were one month shy of 73 yrs when dad passed. (last yr)
Me: married 11 yrs; got divorce papers 9 yrs later.(2000) vowed- never again, so far still ok. , but have a lady friend for last 9 yrs. But I still need a lot of time & space alone. Being alone does not bother me a bit. used to sit in a fire watch lookout tower for days. loved it, no people for days.

Attachments

• OIP.jpg
    OIP.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 51
My previous chair at the modeling desk broke. The steel plate on the bottom of the seat just tore apart.
Found another one on fleabay and it arrived today. Looks nice and very comfortable. I have about a dozen or so pictures of it for whoever wants to see em. I could post em here,,,, but I won't.
Now, to figure out why that MTH motor makes the decider shut down.

20220526_185755.jpg

Many people have no staying power, we have 35 years so far and could go a lot longer - well I might, he may think bugger this is longer than a life sentence. we have our ups our downs the odd shouting match but so far no visits to the a and e lol. I love him to bits but he knows how to piss me off, and the same applies, married that long if you work out the good parts then your aware of the soft spots….
I go off to my boudoir to sulk - original context - my own bedroom, where I read and play computer or tv until he finds a reason to come to chat, it is very rare I go ‘apologise’ I bear grudges with a vengeance, but it takes shit to p me off. I am not a forgiving person, I know that is a lack in my character but my thoughts are you do something petty dishonest uncalled for then why should I forgive you, and the family hate I can remember sonething I don’t like years after the happening and remember the details bear a grudge yes I hold my hand up, but I am a good friend and honest even when dissembling trying to avoid throwing myself in a pit of 🔥 fire lol.
My most annoying trait is putting something safely away and then being totally unable to find it, annoying if my kit, seriously annoying if someone elses…ooops. The other half got a gps for my purse, and my house keys, I just wish I could attach one to my hair brush! I am always putting it down in the stupidest of places then scattily looking for it. at least we can ping my phone, so far I have not lost the car, but it too now has a find me….I am sure the other half thought…only time before she does it…grins. I have misplaced car keys, but then so did the other half;f and he kept blaming me, when it turned up in H~is trousers sonething I could not have worn I was so chuffed 3 months I think missing in action. Lol. scatterbrained, usually because whenever I am doing something people need me to do something for them so I drop what I am doing….my excuse and I stick to it…not that it gets me anywhere….The other half’s big issue us he is far too often right in an argument, it is just SO annoying.
Hey Jaz- what’s a hairbrush? 😂😂

Later.....

Greg

#################

View attachment 146504
Love the blue cpnifer
love the Nissan hut and tyres panelling and lorry
saw the shed floating, thought yeah ok sone sheds are on wood bases….noticed the tracks ….fainted! Hope no one is inside!

Morning all,

Clear and 52° this morning going for 84° later. Not yet at work, but heading out soon. Been awake since 2:00a. Based on the dreams overnight, I have another project deadline coming soon. All because a vendor can't get their excrement together. Bad service got worse when the pandemic hit.

BBL from the office.

NAH - WILLIE -- Too much to do today. Actually, went back and picked up the RV so I can get it to garage to see if the airbag light can be extinguished?
I'm hungry too!
Came home and found the Spousal Unit about 1/2 plowed so I proceeded to try and catch up with her. Neither of us had dinner and fell asleep around 7:30 - soooo ...
I have the hungry's this morning!

MEL - A large garbage omelette this morning with extra bacon, please!
A huge glass of OJ would be appreciated as well?

Looking for a high of 80 today with sunny!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back