Running Bear's May 2022 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sitting with the SIL in the goofiest cell phone airport lot ever. 3 lanes in, 2 line of cars and no slots to park in. You line up. Plane per flightaware.com is 35 minutes early, but not landed. We arrived an hour early because there were no slow downs between Madison and the airport in Milwaukee. The SIL is looking for a decent restaurant for me to spend my money on on the way home. I said 5 Guys and he chuckled.

On Thursday and now today I drove by Hiawatha Hobbies that you can see from I94. I donā€™t think in the last 10 years I have gone by twice in a row without stopping. Itā€™s a crazy world. Gregmmr. I waved in your direction as we went bye.

Squirrels, eliminate them all. Dirty destructive nasty creatures

TomO

Ya gotta admit they are resourceful and entertaining.
Troy- when my dad was around, he had a bird feeder that was on a pile across the driveway. The pole had a sleeve on the outside that would slide down once it detected a certain weight. Some of the squirrels in the neighborhood were resourceful enough to time a ride back up to the feeder, once they got kicked off. Dad would say ā€œif theyā€™re resourceful enough to defeat the security measures, what can I do?ā€.
Tom- my philosophy on soccer is, ā€œif I wanted to see a bunch of guys failed to score for 90 minutes, Iā€™d go to Happy Hourā€ at one of the bars in town.ā€ However, I never thought Iā€™d see the day when Italy would fail to qualify for consecutive World Cups.

I am sitting with the SIL in the goofiest cell phone airport lot ever. 3 lanes in, 2 line of cars and no slots to park in. You line up. Plane per flightaware.com is 35 minutes early, but not landed. We arrived an hour early because there were no slow downs between Madison and the airport in Milwaukee. The SIL is looking for a decent restaurant for me to spend my money on on the way home. I said 5 Guys and he chuckled.

On Thursday and now today I drove by Hiawatha Hobbies that you can see from I94. I donā€™t think in the last 10 years I have gone by twice in a row without stopping. Itā€™s a crazy world. Gregmmr. I waved in your direction as we went bye.

Squirrels, eliminate them all. Dirty destructive nasty creatures

TomO
Tom- I love how Mitchell has a ā€œrecombobulation zoneā€, since you get all discombobulated when you go thru TSA.

Hey Shop Dwellers, just a quick check-in. Haven't had time to participate here because I'm starting a layout blog on MRH. Don't worry, I am NOT defecting! I just wanted to put the blog over there so it would get broader exposure. So far, the vast majority of the comments have been supportive, although [predictably] a few naysayers have also chimed in ("There never was a ________..."). Most likely they missed the part of my opening post where I explained this is all fantasy with no actual prototype replication intended.

Past bedtime, hafta run!

Hey Shop Dwellers, just a quick check-in. Haven't had time to participate here because I'm starting a layout blog on MRH. Don't worry, I am NOT defecting! I just wanted to put the blog over there so it would get broader exposure. So far, the vast majority of the comments have been supportive, although [predictably] a few naysayers have also chimed in ("There never was a ________..."). Most likely they missed the part of my opening post where I explained this is all fantasy with no actual prototype replication intended.

Past bedtime, hafta run!
Ken

Your patience is much better then mine. I almost replied a couple times but thought better of it. People can read but even then they canā€™t comprehend what they read. I love what you are posting ā€across the street.ā€
Your Cleveland to me is great. One of the few major USA cities I have never set foot in. Airports I have never counted as being in a city.

Past bedtime, hafta run!
Since professional critics hang out there, ya gotta expect that. WTF an Engine plant assembles engines...ergo it's a assembly plant...big deal.!
I really enjoy your blog there. Once you finish it, dress it up and submit it to Otto at RMC. Can't hurt to try, right?

Orioles are starting to show potential. This could be interesting. Another come from behind win tonight vs. the Yankees at the Stadium.

Tampa Lightning wins the battle of Florida over Panthers. moves on to the next round...Not looking good for St. Louis right now, either.

Was a nice pleasant day here in Central Jersey.

Howdy to all those receiving unwanted mail. As the Spousal Unit and I handle most all "stuff" online ==
If it were not for the medicines we receive, I would lock up the mailbox!
The waste of trees and paper used in making all the ads received from the PO is crazy.

We are still in the cool weather mess and I had to put on a jacket this morning to take goodies from the car.

It looks as some greed has started over the MIL's "stuff". I went out yesterday to get the dogs
a haircut from the brother's wife who grooms. Her husband and the youngest sister were inside the house and placing name stickers with their name on anything of value. Irene, the oldest, and Kate, the wife - second-oldest, were both out of town. I called her and said that if she wanted anything - she better get here quick before they start hauling it out the door- lol.
She in turn called Irene who said - no=no that is not what is going to happen!
Irene is the executor of the estate.

Being as I was an only child - I never experienced any of this?

63Ā° and partly cloudy, looking for a high of 73Ā°.

Its not like I can enjoy is much, banished to the basement. I was thinking of building some benchwork, BUT every time I get up and walk around the nose starts running like Vesuvius and the coughing starts.

Boss had been ok with the Covid cases at work, as he was the 1st to take off with it. I spoke to my work partner last night, she was off most of last week with it an still feels rotten (she was NOT vaccinated) and still testing positive. I may have tested positive, but only seem to have a head cold. No aches, pains, fevers, chills or trouble breathing. I think that is what the vaccine got me. No immunity, but a lessening of the symptoms.

I did get to strip the details off of a P2K GP9 and get it in the alcohol bath to remove the factory paint. It will reappear afterwards as a chop nosed WM GP9. Get rid of the Armour yellow and gray on it! Yech!
View attachment 146359
Chopping the P2k noses Is pretty easy, building the 1 piece windshield not so much, but I've done it before.
View attachment 146358

Willie you sir are correct. Its was not USPS's fault. They just deliver the mail. My concern was the offer of voter fraud that concerned me. Straight to the board of elections I would take that! Homie don't play dat game!

Curt. loved the video! But can ya put a muzzle on that bird!! LOL!

Breakfast was just left outside the basement door, BBL
ā€¦nopeā€¦sorryā€¦.colours are all wrongā€¦.needs a repaintā€¦.grinsā€¦.and runs like hell

serious note, verrrry nice.

Italian food in Marathon County always was sketchy except for 2 places. Carmeloā€™s in Rib Mountain at the entrance road leading to the Granite Peak ski hill in the clubhouse of the public golf course. The Oliviaā€™s create great Italian food worthy of my grandmother and momā€™s. We were there 7/2021. The other was in Schofield, Iozzoā€™s Italian. For years we alternated monthly between the 2. Never found anything in Marshfield worth returning to for Italian food

The last few years while we were still there we started going to Ciao in downtown Wausau. Excellent with iffy service and that was years before the Covid issues. The food then was great enough to ignore the service.

We are still looking for a good Italian food place in the madison area that doesnā€™t cost 125 for 2 without alcohol. Lots of great places but very expensive and require reservations. I dislike reservations

TomO
Learn to cook Italian! Just one o r two signature dishes. 125 buys a great steak or two, and a bottle.

Snuck inā€¦..sneaks outā€¦ā€¦.
ooh before I go what a difference a paint job makesā€¦
F3C82938-7867-4829-88AE-8BA9354A3E34.jpeg
E092DB22-321D-4A9F-B212-4655B40483EE.jpeg
651DBF2A-816F-4B06-82FB-E66055C08DF3.jpeg

Good morning gang!

59Ā° and dark, with increasing amounts of daylight toward morning! A high of only 63Ā° is expected.

Day 5 of my exile begins, oh boy last night was a wild ride. 24 hours ago my nose ran like a faucet if I even walked to the bathroom or the basement fridge. Yesterday evening coughing fits were all the rage, finally calming down around 10 pm (with handfuls of Halls cough drops). 2 times last night I was awaked by feeling freezing cold even though it was 75ĀÆ in the basement and I was under a blanket. This morning, so far, I performed the morning bladder drain and grabbed a diet Dew out of the fridge, and I feel ok.

My unvaccinated co worker is returning today to work (been out 10 days) still tired with brain fog, but she has a head like a rock. I may return tomorrow and plan to keep her at the end of our 16 ft desk.

Train wise I did get the GP9 shell out of the soup, now that it is free of the ugly armour yellow and gray paint the nose chop and rebuild can commence!

I hear movement of humanoid and canine feet above me.

BBL

Morning all,

55Ā° and raining this morning. Wichita had 1.3" of rain to midnight, while I had a bit over an inch in my rain gauge. Rain started sometime after 8:00p so that's about right for 8 hours. Supposed to get another 1-2"+ through Thursday. Flood watches and warnings are already up for the area. I did get the sprinklers turned off last night so unlike many of my neighbors, I'm not putting more water on an already well watered lawn.

I guess I have a meeting in a few minutes I wasn't aware of.

BBL Maybe....

Learn to cook Italian! Just one o r two signature dishes. 125 buys a great steak or two, and a bottle.
Jaz

My mother was Italian and a good cook. My Nonna was a fantastic cook who took Terry under her wing after we got married to show her how to cook. What Terry learned is Nonna never gave anyone her full recipes, always something hidden. I do know there wasnā€™t a measuring device in my Nonnaā€™s kitchen, nor is there in Terryā€™s.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back