Running Bear's March 2024 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to pop a bubble, but it took about 8 seconds to register a like on your last post Bob

Probably since I had just made another change to the SQL stuff. Let's see how it works when it settles down a bit. That's the downside of working on a live server. I'll be fine tuning stuff for a few more days I'm sure. But so far it's definitely helping.

Probably since I had just made another change to the SQL stuff. Let's see how it works when it settles down a bit. That's the downside of working on a live server. I'll be fine tuning stuff for a few more days I'm sure. But so far it's definitely helping.

Yep, and for a moment it showed 0 users online, so it appears the SQL stuff started over from scratch and that would mean a lot of hits at one time during that startup.

Thanks Bob
Yes, wild caught salmon is by far the best. Once you've had it, farm raised salmon is definitely sub par.

I live in Seattle, so I can have fresh salmon on occasion. However, most of what I eat is the flash frozen stuff. They catch it and freeze it on the boat to keep it fresh. Then they thaw it later, filet it and put it out for sale. All of the Costcos around here have it. If you look closely, you'll see "previously frozen" or something like that on the label.

I wonder if Costco carries it nationwide, or it's just a regional thing. It's seasonal around here, but it's around much of the year.

I see Costco's has it Bob but order only. (7 days)

Salmon_01.JPG

Tom I bought a new 3 wood today. Ping G 430. I've been having trouble with 3 wood distance lately. Not the driver just the 3 wood on the 400 yard par 4's. Get a chance to try it out tomorrow. I hope it solves the problem. It wasn't cheap. $348.00.
Swal

Well howdy there internet peeps. And those who noticed the new header image at the top of the page....

it's troy again. In the calm before the storm. It's 5:12 am local. I'll head up to shower about 6.
Car is mostly packed for the drive. Just need the overnight bag, computer stuff and cooler full of Diet Dr. Ps.

The stop at the donut shop, followed by 2 hour drive to Indianapolis. That's the town here where they go 200mph and make left turns.

Actually, I'll be on the other side of Indy from the Motor Speedway. But fear not, a common bumper sticker in those parts is "I'm not speeding, I'm Qualifying!"

Tom I bought a new 3 wood today. Ping G 430. I've been having trouble with 3 wood distance lately. Not the driver just the 3 wood on the 400 yard par 4's. Get a chance to try it out tomorrow. I hope it solves the problem. It wasn't cheap. $348.00.
Swal
I remember my 2nd set of irons and the 1st purchased with my own money in 1971. I worked for the Golf Pro at Midlothian CC outside of Chicago as the bag room attendant. Salary was $150 a week for 6 days sun up to sun down. Free meals in the kitchen of the clubhouse for whatever the chef would serve me! The Wilson Staff salesman sold me a set of the latest and greatest for $75.00 after the pro told him to give me his cost. I was in heaven

Have fun with the new weapon

TomO

Morning all,

51° and clear going for a high of 71° later.

Getting the oil changed in the truck later and then home to get ready for tomorrow's Easter\Birthday party\Family picture day. Scheduled it all when everyone will be around and can come. The now middle granddaughter is turning 11 next Wednesday, and it's mom's weekend to have her, we're piling everything up at one time. Having a cookout as it's supposed to be decent with a high of 70° tomorrow. First Easter in a long time without any hard boiled eggs. I have a few eggs in the fridge, but a quick shopping outing to get stuff for Saturday, eggs were just way too high. I don't recall seeing them that high last year when there was a shortage due to bird flu. $2.89 for a dozen store brand non organic eggs. At the height of the flu epidemic they were only $2.29. Trying to make their money back for the losses.

Willie: I had the right knee replaced in 2009 and a revision surgery in 2010. This replacement will be the left knee. I shouldn't have the issues I caused for myself the first time around :rolleyes:. When you don't follow directions...

Good morning from Wisconsin. The grandkids and parents are somewhere in Indianapolis till Saturday when they return. They drew a 5 hour driving circle so they could just get away. Indy was it! I’ll tell them to wave Troy!

Weather, it’s 25f degrees and feels the same. The high should be in the 50’s. Rain showers start after dinner time and will continue into Monday but it’s say under 2” expected accumulation. Nothing like the 4-6” we got last weekend. It’s is bright with high clouds just drifting.

After discussions with the wife she is heading out Monday with a couple friends to my sister’s place in Pasadena. After 2 nights there they will head to our son’s place in Austin for a few nights. He said he’s fine with them visiting as he be working in San Antonio for the next 2 weeks, so they can have the run of his place. They think they will be back on April 10th.

Other then dinner out this evening, it’s Fish Fry Friday in Wisconsin a never ending tradition in this state, I should be in and out of the studio weathering some trains and working on a 24” x 48” x18” scrap yard module. Tuesday it was given to me by the guy that we were working on his layout. He said do what I want. I will…

enjoy the day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back