Running Bear's March 2020 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning rail fans: supposed to be 73 today up from a 64 high yesterday with partly cloudy sky.

Johnny - I like your details! You have created a really nice layout.

Nothing much new on tap for today... Wound up at the hospital last evening with the daughter, Mom, and her husband (he was working when we first went) The daughter, who is diabetic to begin with, was like she did not know where she was - sugar level was outta sight - and she was like not knowing where she was. They were, and us too, thinking that she has a concussion from the accident which is almost making her incoherent along with her diabetic condition. Needless to say we are all reaching her condition - and the last thing I wanted to do was hang out at the hospital which is full of people looking for free medical treatment with all sorts of ailments.

I just went downstairs to grab a cup of coffee and saw the Spousal Unit asleep on the couch ... I did not hear her come in and the pups did not cause a stir. She has to work MIL duty this morning as the other two sisters are election working this morning - so I will not disturb her.
That's all for now - stay tuned!

Alan- I am very pleased to learn that Mike has become part of this crazy hobby. I'm sure that he picked up a lot of interest by osmosis. I remember him toddling around your basement while we worked on you layout bench work. It won't be long before he is advising you on JMRI shortcuts.

I was glad to see him get involved too. Would you believe he has his own kid now? It won't be long before she's toddling around his basement! Where'd the time go?

Willie == Don't you stop with the details ... I see things on your layout that many overlook; it is pleasurable to enjoy!

Yes - that is the daughter who already had a bumed up shoulder from the scooter wreck!

ALAN - I have really enjoyed reading your musings - even though I have no idea what you are talking about?
It sure is nice to hear of the younger generation getting into railroading - that's fantastic!

Really? You've never had the pleasure of programming with a computer? You poor soul! I first tried this many years back with the old Digitrax PR-1. That thing was truly frustrating. Even the Digitrax guys didn't like it. I ended up frying it somehow, and didn't replace it. Too much trouble. These modern decoders with hundreds of CV's are making it a necessity. It's become a hobby within the hobby. No worse than locomotive work though, or block system wiring, or learning the airbrush, or your first craftsman kit. :)

Last edited:
Morning all,

Currently 38* and sunny in Doo-Dah with high to be in the low 60's. A really nice day for the first of March.

Been on the lookout for more train auctions as I've been rather disappointed by the last 2 train shows. I'm trying to find a big GN Steam locomotive. Thoughts were to try to convert that 4-8-4 UP model I have, but it wouldn't be close to what they actually had. (I know my railroad it could have happened).

Morning all,

Currently 38* and sunny in Doo-Dah with high to be in the low 60's. A really nice day for the first of March.

Been on the lookout for more train auctions as I've been rather disappointed by the last 2 train shows. I'm trying to find a big GN Steam locomotive. Thoughts were to try to convert that 4-8-4 UP model I have, but it wouldn't be close to what they actually had. (I know my railroad it could have happened).

How about this one:
https://brasstrains.com/Classic/Pro...o-Boxes-Tenshodo-LOOSE---BROKEN-PIECES-AS-IS-

Or this: https://brasstrains.com/Classic/Pro...orthern-P-2-4-8-2-2505-F-P-1968-Run-Tenshodo-

Some fixing up would be required and a can motor if you're a DCC guy. If I were a GN modeler I'd jump all over the 4-8-4.

Good Morning Everyone......sort of overcast here in Wisconsin with light flurries.

This morning I have to set up my wife's new compact lap top that was on sale at Target for under $200. This is all she needs for her coupons and emails.

Yesterday, worked on two of the last of the six WM cola cars patched for the CM&N Railroad. One WM car to go. Going to return to the layout room to clean track after lunch since I need to place the finished coal hoppers at the mine spurs. Received shipping confirmation on the rusted USS pipe load I purchased fro CG Hobbies.

Have to fix my Lava Lamp's cord so I can put it back on my radio cabinet.

I run a train while I sit and run the track cleaning train at the mine spurs. I'll use a Walthers track cleaning car and a Masonite, followed by a CenterLine car later alone with just ATC 6006 on the roller.

That's all for now.....

Greg

#####################

Howdy ...

I was in Nashville yesterday for my eye surgery. .... It was cancelled because of a fire in the operating room ! ...... Imagine that ! ... That's a first for me.

So, we drove home before the storms hit.

Very bad torando damage in Nashville area in the middle of the night. Sister and brother-in-law went in their closet for the storm. They are okay. ..... However, their daughter and young family had major damage to their house. Pictures of it look like it was destroyed. Fortunately, they all survived okay. ...... At least 19 storm deaths are being reported in Nashville area.

We had thunderstorms in KY. Not too bad at our location.

Good Morning Everyone......sort of overcast here in Wisconsin with light flurries.

This morning I have to set up my wife's new compact lap top that was on sale at Target for under $200. This is all she needs for her coupons and emails.

Yesterday, worked on two of the last of the six WM cola cars patched for the CM&N Railroad. One WM car to go. Going to return to the layout room to clean track after lunch since I need to place the finished coal hoppers at the mine spurs. Received shipping confirmation on the rusted USS pipe load I purchased fro CG Hobbies.

I run a train while I sit and run the track cleaning train at the mine spurs. I'll use a Walthers track cleaning car and a Masonite, followed by a CenterLine car later alone with just ATC 6006 on the roller.

That's all for now.....

Greg

#####################

I would like to see that work train set-up when you get it up and running.....cool!

Howdy ...

I was in Nashville yesterday for my eye surgery. .... It was cancelled because of a fire in the operating room ! ...... Imagine that ! ... That's a first for me.

Very bad torando damage in Nashville area in the middle of the night. Sister and brother-in-law went in their closet for the storm. They are okay. ..... However, their daughter and young family had major damage to their house. Pictures of it look like it was destroyed. Fortunately, they all survived okay. ...... At least 19 storm deaths are being reported in Nashville area.

Storms/Tornadoes/Hurricane of any magnitude really suck at night. It is as bad as the unknown but at night it is the worst. I lived in AR, WI & FL and experienced all types of storms on land and at sea. Tornadoes, waterspouts, squalls and hurricanes. I have even experienced earthquakes. Mother nature is not to be toyed with or dismissed. I feel for those who suffered in Tennessee, prayers to them and all the 1st responders doing their jobs and lineman while restoring power/order etc.

Afternoon All,

Installed a large set of wire shelves in the sewing room for the wife. The kitchen project is on for tomorrow.

Patrick- I decided that the 2-8-8-2 decaled for Clinchfield is going to be leased motive power since it is already weathered. I'm afraid if I decal for the PRR HH class I will mess up the weathering that is nicely done.

Joe- Interesting photos. I have a large framed print of the Broadway Limited (that perspective) at a station in the snow that I purchased at RRMP. Interesting facts about the PC tower.

Sherrel- Nice photo but not a big fan of the silver underbody.

Karl- Nice looking D&H train.

Johnny- Nice buildings and scene.

Willie- Very nice scene details.

Garry- Very sorry to hear about your Niece's family home destruction but thankfully they're all safe.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Howdy ...

My best to you and yours. The thought occurs to me that one problem with social media is that you're more liable to have friends that suffer a misfortune. What the author Ernest Gahn called Hostages to Fortune. It used to be you only had to worry about people in your immediate geographic area. You guys can be downright inconvenient at times!

Just a reminder that if you live in a Super Tuesday state, you still have time to vote today, if you haven't already. Here in Texas there's seven people on the Republican ballot for President, and 17 for the Democratic nomination. Since there's no prior party affiliation required for primaries (there is for runoffs), many Republicans are voting in the Democratic primary and voting for the most popular candidate who's least likely to beat the incumbent in the general election, thus skewing the vote a bit.
Among the Republican candidates on the ballot are "Roque De La Fuente ", "Zoltan Gyurko Istvan " and "Joe Walsh". I have included links to the first two implausible candidates that no one has heard of. The Democratic slate has most of the previous and current candidates on it, no one unusual. Let's see how many votes Marianne Williamson gets here!

That's all for now.....

Greg

#####################
I read this whole post. All I retained was “lava lamp”. :p

Morning rail fans: supposed to be 73 today up from a 64 high yesterday with partly cloudy sky.

Johnny - I like your details! You have created a really nice layout.

Nothing much new on tap for today... Wound up at the hospital last evening with the daughter, Mom, and her husband (he was working when we first went) The daughter, who is diabetic to begin with, was like she did not know where she was - sugar level was outta sight - and she was like not knowing where she was. They were, and us too, thinking that she has a concussion from the accident which is almost making her incoherent along with her diabetic condition. Needless to say we are all reaching her condition - and the last thing I wanted to do was hang out at the hospital which is full of people looking for free medical treatment with all sorts of ailments.

I just went downstairs to grab a cup of coffee and saw the Spousal Unit asleep on the couch ... I did not hear her come in and the pups did not cause a stir. She has to work MIL duty this morning as the other two sisters are election working this morning - so I will not disturb her.
That's all for now - stay tuned!
WOW Sherrell, I'll definitely add your daughter to my prayer list!:eek:

Howdy ...

Garry - sorry to hear about your niece and her family, those nighttime tornadoes are the absolute worst!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back