Running Bear's June 2023 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys! We are grown adults who play with toy trains and we are angry because we can’t post pictures of our toy trains in a general discussion page. C’mon. This is suppose to be fun. Let’s just get back to having fun. Can we do that?

Soon I will be building a new layout and I really want to share that with you guys. But if this keeps up…

Guys! We are grown adults who play with toy trains and we are angry because we can’t post pictures of our toy trains in a general discussion page. C’mon. This is suppose to be fun. Let’s just get back to having fun. Can we do that?

Soon I will be building a new layout and I really want to share that with you guys. But if this keeps up…
I agree with you and I am trying to get it back to the normal of anything goes ceptin poli ticks and religion. As you say: This is supposed to be fun!

BigG - Thankyou for posting that photo. Looks like those homes were one back-alley away from becoming 2x4 toast.
We in Alberta might well loose a town of 12,000, if some kind of help don't come our way soon. We need rain, and a hard flooding rain, at that.

I hope everything goes well for you, and we can all get through this fire season unscathed.
Good Luck!

Good Morning, Folks!

The Accu-Weather hasn't actually been accurate for the past while. Their 80% chance of over-night heavy rain forecast just didn't happen. So, Alberta's fires continue to rage.
We will be trying to head west through the Rockies, on our holiday starting next week. We might have to go further south first, as the main artery through the Rockies from where we are at seems closed at this time, due to the fires. I'm glad I allowed 2 days travel time to make our Vancouver ferry reservation.

I was actually considering starting a separate thread that showcased close-up, walk-around type photos of specific railcars. For example, I have fourteen photos of this particular railcar, close-up and from different angles:
View attachment 169913
View attachment 169914
View attachment 169915

I'm fortunate, that I'm able to get close-up to these cars for descriptive photos. Not everyone can do that.
The issue I have with the idea, is that it takes a-lot of time and effort to organize, research and describe properly. The only thing I know about the car shown, is that it is a boxcar.

As we speak, I'm out of time to complete this post, because I need to go work for an old client again. So my dream of spending retirement time doing hobbies and things I enjoy is out of reach at this time.

I'll use the coffee shop for a few photos, and worry about dedicated threads when people stop phoning me to fix stuff.

I gotta go. Somebody fried a kitchen counter receptacle yesterday, and can't fix it themselves.

Have a great day!
Guy: Nice photos. I note the IC reporting marks, under the CN Branding. High cube. Auto parts?
I'm a little slow in arising this morning, sorry!
Seriously folks: I'm sorry to have to say this, and some of you may take offence at my next few words, but everyone should take a deep breath and STOP taking jabs at each other!

I am sitting here, reading all this am I can feel my BP going up.
There is no reason to accuse another of starting all this. It does not matter - The thing is that I feel that TONY should not have been so forceful in posting what he said - the way he did it was "over the top".

NOW - we have many good, nice, contributors biting, snarling, pointing fingers, and literally (my words) picking fights with each other. I don't need to call names, but rest assured -- any more posts directed towards another member WILL BE DELETED ... do I need to put that in RED!

I am sure that BOB will make a decision fairly quick on how he wants HIS forum to work!

I
am on the side of those who said, "if it an't broke - don't try to fix it".
LOUIS - I have to compliment you on your postings this morning:
In the words of RODNEY KING ... Can't we all just git along?
Sherrel: Thank you my friend.

Last edited:
Gary: You mentioned dealing with a Hurricane this past winter. It may interest you to know that the NOAA -Weather service issued the following pronouncement in May 2023:

Public Information Statement
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
1100 AM EDT Thu May 11 2023

...NHC Determines That a Subtropical Storm Formed in the Atlantic
Basin in Mid-January 2023...

Took them long enough. Thought you might be amused.

I am looking forward to watching your build progress! thanks for sharing

We were all concerned. Had to be scary. Happy to hear y'all are OK.
Boris, I only had to worry about driving through the blowing ash.....worrying about getting the in laws safe was the scary part...many people out our way did not want to leave at first. Once out and my family was safe, I was actually just thinking about whether I would build my second house or not and how ugly the property would be.

BigG - Thankyou for posting that photo. Looks like those homes were one back-alley away from becoming 2x4 toast.
We in Alberta might well loose a town of 12,000, if some kind of help don't come our way soon. We need rain, and a hard flooding rain, at that.

I hope everything goes well for you, and we can all get through this fire season unscathed.
Good Luck!
yes, my wife's uncle's house was toasted in the back, his house is in this picture and here grandfathers old homestead was lost etc.....our relatives arent living there any more. Much smaller scale than Fort mac and the fires out your way but its all tragic for sure.

I have no dog in the 'forum rules' hunt, but will say that I am a moderator on another model railroad website and it is a difficult job. Trying to keep my own opinion out of what is right or wrong is tough. On that forum before any action is taken the 5-6 moderators will discuss whatever is going on. Trying to be perfectly fair without stepping on any toes is tricky.

Anyway, I saw some talk about firetrucks. Here is one I owned for about 15 years. 1964 ALF 750 gpm/500 gallon tank. 534 cu.in. gas engine.

e6c74fA[1].jpg

I just want to give some quiet applause to my Denver Nuggets. Forty seven years of frustration and disappointment--they were ripped off over and over in the NBA draft--but they finally got it done last night.

I wasn't a basketball fan in 1976 when the Nuggets bought their way into the NBA ($3+ million, which was BIG money then. The kind of money that humstrung the team for several years starting out), but did become one when my cousin moved in with us a couple years later. Kevin was an absolute basketball nut, and it did rub off on me too.

Nuggets came into the NBA from the ABA, along with another guy named Julius Erving. "Dr. J."

The Nuggets biggest star then was David Thompson, who's STANDING vertical jump was just unwordly: 44". He was actually a tad shorter than my own 6'4 1/2", but he could touch the TOP of the backboard. Unbelievable talent.

None other than Michael Jordan said Thompson was the player he most admired and wanted to be like on his own way up, which ought to tell you something, even if you know nothing else.

It was so cool to see DT there last night, along with so many of the others. And there are so many others who never quite got to the finals. But they still built the tradition and helped build the fan base. Hats off to all of them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back