Running Bear's June 2022 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
No pics, but I just smoked some chicken breasts on the kamado. Made my almost awesome baked beans. Had to go with the brand of bean I don't care for, (the one with the dog selling the secret family recipe). Prefer the Van Camps. So, they weren't as awesome as always.

Wife made corn bread, and cut up watermellon. The kitchen smelled like a jolly rancher for a while. Until the cornbread and beans came out of the oven.

Wife and a friend (who joined us for dinner) are at the country music concert. I'm hunkered in the basement, enjoying a Bundies (Ozzie Ginger Beer).

Here's a photo of the fuzzbutt:
Screenshot 2022-06-24 at 12.50.11 PM.png

That's the spousal unit on the blue glider. Lord Fuzzbutt HATES the swinging cat flap, but loves being outside with us. So he pokes it at least three times before he gets his nose far enough out to see. Only then does he jump through.

There are not many chargers near us,and no supers chargers for over an hour, we are far from a city, bu the Tesla gives us 300 or so so loads of options if we trave,, a local Tesco supermarket had freecharger when you shop, not super fast but free! we rarely struggle when we trave, b the distances here are not like the US ones. I want a cybertruck without a stupid eu tear den of the model, plus the solar panel to limp home with,although I understand it’s like 15 miles a day, lol but Bette then nothing,and a lot of tow trucks do not get Eva’s so one needs to be wary.
The fiat sounds fun….ooh I just looked it up I saw several a sharp lime coloured one with the flip up lights is right down my alley
Yeah, mine had the flip up lights. First mid/engine car I ever had. But boy did I have to do a lot of body work on her. When Fiats were shipped to the States from Italy, apparently they were on the top deck. The salt air made rust issues very prevalent on Fiats.

Good afternoon, everyone! Need I say it, another hot one here in H-Town. We have tied and broke temp records the last few days. Third day in a row over 100.

Jaz - some nice looking autos
Willie - safe trip. My wife holds on for dear life when I drive.
Rgeiter - Nice concrete
Guy - Some really nice looking trucks

Electric cars - I drive a Tacoma. Love it. Not the best mpg, 24 if I drive nice. I figure I'll be long gone before electric is one's only choice. Just think what the grid updating is going to cost us.

Boy Scouts - I stayed involved until I joined the Coast Guard. (17 yr. old) I have so many great memories of my time in the Scouts. You never realize till later the skills you had learned.

Cats - No cats here. I am a dog person through and through. I would never intentionally hurt a cat, but give me a dog any day.

Do you cook? Tomorrow I have to cook. I'm doing a variation of Outback's Alice Springs Chicken. There was a time I really enjoyed cooking, maybe tomorrow will bring that back.

Trains - Today I just rail fanned. I had 2, 20 car plus trains running at scale speed, while sipping a 12 year old scotch. Can you say relaxed.
View attachment 147832

STAY SAFE

LATER

I love dogs too. I just can't have one when I am not home and at work 10 hours a day. If I had a significant other or someone to let the dog out I would have one. I just cannot be a responsible dog owner if I am not home durring the week. Otherwise I would have one Silver Blue Lab. I almost got one when I first bought this house and then I realized I wasn't going to be home enough. The cats are independant enough and obviously can tend to themselves with a litter box etc.

Good evening Shop Dwellers! If you still recognize me, that is; I've been AWOL probably about a month now.

The reason for my absence is that my blog over on MRH has kind of taken on a life of its own and is eating up a huge amount of my free time. After I ran out of layout pics to post, I meant to share about key experiences I had with train-watching that led me to having the kind of layout I have. The posts got long-winded and wound up reading sort of like a novel and several people have urged me to continue with it. So I post ~6-8 new paragraphs there every evening.

I haven't read more than 2 pages back, so I'm not sure of any major life events happening with any of you. Those of you in any type of distress, I'll include you in my prayers.

Good Evening All. We made it but it took a bit longer than planned. First 300 miles went as planned, last 20 took over 90 minutes. We just arrived back at the hotel after having dinner with my son and his wife and our #3 grandson. Traffic and roads here in San Antonio really suck. But we made it safely. Wife was a good passenger this time, she only made a remark when she noted that I was going 95 mph on a road with an 85 mph limit.
Gotta go right now, be back tomorrow.

Ken, was talking about batteries, not vehicles. Tesla is the leader of the field right now; Generac is a close 2nd. If petro is outlawed, how are they gonna make said electric vehicles? There is not a bio-plastic .... yet. Also, there is another battery technology - flow battery. So far it is looking better and lithium-ion but that is probably years down the road. Market will either speed it up and bring it to the front, or it will die. Isn't it a wonderful world we live in?
Just a little info you won't get here in the US.

So my question then, what is the country leadership doing about the issue?
Oh, wait, let me guess. They're taking their chunk of profits off the top and living in luxury, in the meantime, I guess I should just plan to walk or ride a bicycle wherever I go because there's no gas and batteries are made in corrupt countries.

Boy Scouts - I stayed involved until I joined the Coast Guard.
Good morning everyone from drizzly Halifax this morning ! Mix of sun and showers here today. On a positive note, the dripping tap has stopped (my nose is much better and my lungs seem to be clearing up as well) it’s only been about 15 days so far. I was also able to get a spot cut out for my steamer (the ship is actually pretty heavy/awkward so I don’t know if I will actually carry it back to the lake or not. Regardless have to start doing my pier and water now, as many of you stated, grab a small section at a time and focus on it. It’s mainly a winter project unlike some of yours, but on rainy days I can pick away at it. RE, if your next project is an old pier, please let me know, if anyone else has seen any nice piers step by step done up, please drop me a note so I can do more reading. I am leaning towards this kind of set up:

9A580370-12C6-4C13-8EBC-B27EEF4B3AAA.png

As mentioned by others, also loved being with the scouts, achieving my Chief scout award up here. I loved camping out in -20c weather as well with the fires going. Canoe trips were always a blast !

Hope you all have a great day, I will enjoy my bagel with cream cheese and coffee this morning Flo.

Good Morning from San Antonio TX where it is mostly clear and 75°. Don't know about back home since my wife's laptop that I am using doesn't have any of my usual bookmarks except this one.

Mostly uneventful trip down to here, although it took longer than planned. Caught the tail end of rush hour in Ft Worth but only lost less than five minutes. We were forewarned about a construction back up in Waco that was several miles long and took a bypass loop, that while a hassle saved us at least 45 minutes versus staying on the Interstate. As a result we missed having lunch at The Texas Roadhouse and had lunch at a similar place called Saltgrass. The rest of the trip went well until we got to the interchange of TX-130 and IH10 just outside San Antonio. The 20 miles along IH10 took 90 minutes. It is under construction all the way although no lanes were shut down. But the reason for the construction is it needs widening really badly. Only time for a 20 minute nap after checking into the hotel before meeting our son and family at a really posh restaurant. Posh as in prices but there was no dress code. The steak that I got, a 14 oz ribeye, cost $55 with no sides! A side of fries was $9 and the Caesar Salad was $13! Wife got shrimp and grits for $39. No sides. It did have bean sprouts sprinkled on top though. Son picked up the tab which was nice of him. Apparently they eat there at least once a week so he knew what it cost.
Today I don't know the schedule except lunch with my wife's brother and his wife, probably BBQ, and the christening later in the evening. Then dinner at a private restaurant with my son's in-laws. I've been there once before with them; they don't even print the prices on the menu! I did have to buy a new sports jacket and slacks for that event. Old stuff from seven years ago is too big these days thanks to losing 45 lbs since then. I cpuld have worn jeans and a golf shirt to the christening, but jeans are prohibited at the club. At least no tie!!!
Not much else going on here, I will head down to the hotel pool later to check out the eye candy which I didn't have time to do yesterday.

Time for me to sign off for now. Everybody have a great day

Not much else going on here, I will head down to the hotel pool later to check out the eye candy which I didn't have time to do yesterday.
Willie- Have a gaze or two for me! Eye candy is the only non-fattening candy I can enjoy these days.

Gotta go get some gas in the car to go to a family reunion with my daughter. Heat index is supposed to be about 105 degrees F today. Temp is 81 degrees now at 7:30 AM.
Enjoy your day!

Morning!
Up here in the north it's 44F. Not really very warm, but, at least we're not suffering with 100+ and humidity. I dislike heat and humidity.

I mentioned awhile back, that the Town had started replacing various sidewalk sections in my neighbourhood.
Can't remember who, but, someone mentioned it might be an afore-thought to repaving the road. Well, they were right.

I can smell the property tax bill rising, as we speak. It's going to be very noisy in this neighbourhood for a few days. The crew just started the work yesterday:
RoadPaving_06-24-2022 (1).JPG
RoadPaving_06-24-2022 (2).JPG
Right in front of my house. I'm finding out that the continuing racket begins at 8:00am on Saturday. Sunday will likely be the same.

Anyway, it's too cool outside to go and play, so I suspect I'll be modelling this weekend.
Next week, we're off to go fishing. So I'll be on a mountain lake or stream, and not coming into the shop for awhile. But, hope everyone has a good week.

Maybe the street will be finished and the taxes will be raised by the time we get back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back