Running Bear's June 2022 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
About a quarter mile down from our neighborhood, a power company bucket truck or two are working on the lines and blocking one lane completely. A BIG tree there came down in the storm and blocked the road. Probably had to clear the tree to get to the lines.

However, I did receive an update from the power company:

Screenshot 2022-06-14 at 11.11.27 AM.png

Sent it to the wife, and said by 11 PM!

She pointed out that's 11 on June 16. Today is June 14...

Wow! Talk about giving themselves a cushion.

Now, about that heat wave

Mikeinhubcity, are u old enough to remember Warren Spahn and Johnny Sain? Stay cool at the Farmers Market

Walked to the end of the driveway as the landscapers down the road have never been this noisy. They are not. The County is cleaning the ditches and they seem to have used the front of our house as a rallying point. Lots of trucks with trailers and cab crew pickups. All have the county seal on the doors

TomO

Louis: Your Thoughts?

Seems the phrase of the week is appropriate here, detached from reality. Not only was Peter not good at running a baseball team it appears he has failed as a father. Although I don't want to be to critical, that much money can be very corrupting. Greed has reared it's ugly head.

The good news is, Mike Elias has been running the baseball operations.

I have no idea what is next.

Last edited:
Mikeinhubcity, are u old enough to remember Warren Spahn and Johnny Sain? Stay cool at the Farmers Market

Walked to the end of the driveway as the landscapers down the road have never been this noisy. They are not. The County is cleaning the ditches and they seem to have used the front of our house as a rallying point. Lots of trucks with trailers and cab crew pickups. All have the county seal on the doors

TomO
No, I’m not old enough to remember when the Braves were in Milwaukee, let alone Boston.

Lousy news just received. My watcher, Endocrinologist and wife’s good friend’s office called and she had been exposed last week to Covid by a patient she saw. She tested positive this morning. They requested I test myself which I had been but did not this morning as I feel better.

Tested positive. I did the test twice to be sure. Called my Clinic who did their thing over the phone and said the pharmacy will be calling. I don’t want to go through what I have the last 5 days all over again.

Called the SIL who tested himself and the grandson. Both negative but must test daily for 3-5 days. Since I have been exposed so have they

Gregmrr and Mikeinhubcity. I was going to see if you guys wanted to meet up at the Strawberry Fest and Train Show in Waupaca but that’s now out…

Lousy news just received. My watcher, Endocrinologist and wife’s good friend’s office called and she had been exposed last week to Covid by a patient she saw. She tested positive this morning. They requested I test myself which I had been but did not this morning as I feel better.

Tested positive. I did the test twice to be sure. Called my Clinic who did their thing over the phone and said the pharmacy will be calling. I don’t want to go through what I have the last 5 days all over again.

Called the SIL who tested himself and the grandson. Both negative but must test daily for 3-5 days. Since I have been exposed so have they

Gregmrr and Mikeinhubcity. I was going to see if you guys wanted to meet up at the Strawberry Fest and Train Show in Waupaca but that’s now out…
What a bummer, hope all goes well, definitely a raincloud on your horizon, (sorry, had to put that in) however, on the sunshine side, there's always another Train Show, somewhere. :)

Afternoon All,

Today the high will be 96 F with a feel like of 103F and humidity is 52%. I made it outside long enough to put chlorine in the pool. Today I drilled the holes for the lighting, built a business sign, and put down dirt ground cover on the outside edge of the reverse loop.

Yesterday when SIL and I were doing the screen a young raccoon ran from the left back corner of the yard to the right side (wildlife area). Today I was on a step stool next to the window that overlooks the back yard and saw the same raccoon ambling from right to left. It appears to be a juvenile but not a baby.

Hughie- Shame about missing the Eagle but cool diesel find.

Chad- Crappy history but cool tall ship.

Joe- Good news from the Cardiologist. My Dad is a retired Army and a Vietnam vet.

Mikey- Great looking scratch build.

Willie- My vote is for a bikini.

Troy- Sorry to hear about your damage from the storm. I'm glad you and your family are OK. Hopefully the power is back on.

Steve- Honestly I would go through the closet wall. It will be a bigger job and messier but you definetly won't damage your modeling and you will have access if needed in the future.

TomO- That sucks. I hope your and your wife's symptoms are minor and you get over them quickly. I can relate to the meme.

Guy- You don't need to post photos here. If you leave you will be missed.

layout82.jpg

I hope everyone has a good night.

With regards to Covid and testing. This is my personal take and I am not saying this fits for everyone or that anyone else need agree.

Ignorance is bliss. I don't test unless forced because I don't care. If I get sick I assume it is Covid and just don't go out until I get better and wear a mask if I do need to go out for some emergency. Covid today is not the same as it was a year or two ago. It has mutated to be a lot less dangerous to get (even if more contagious). It has become endemic to society and we're all going to keep getting it time after time as society's combined immunity is built up and it further dilutes in severity. Similar to the flu.

I don't want to know because it doesn't matter. I am going to behave the same no matter what, meaning, whether it is flu, cold, or Covid, I will stay home, avoid people, and now wear a mask for the unavoidable occurrences of having to go out. Telling people you have Covid just freaks them out and does no one any good.

Our family had Covid back in January. The wife tested and was positive and since we all had the approximate same symptoms in the same week or week and a half, we assume we all had it though only the wife tested. She was required to test (at the time) by work (she is a nurse) and was able to qualify for "covid time", meaning it was not counted against normal PTO or sick time. (I had it worst of all in January and was not feeling great for like 10 days with heavy chest etc)

Fast forward to a month ago. The 2 kids and the wife were sick again with similar symptoms. Daughter stayed home 3 days from school (Fridays were already online only). Son stayed home from work for 4 days (T-F) as he felt crappy through the weekend. Wife stayed home 4 days (but her boss did not tell her she had to get tested so she didn't). I never got it this time around. I was fine the whole time. We did not test, and we just stayed away from people, wore masks when we had to go out (me too even though I never felt sick), and recuperated at home. We instilled no fear or worry in others and we got through it just fine.

Again, I am not trying to "stir up the pot" and if you feel strongly about testing then go for it. Can't hurt. And if you are in the "really susceptible and really at risk groups" then you should probably test and take more rigorous precautions etc.

Last edited:

That is really something with that nasty bug, ironic you would get it at health care...

If Waupaca were closer, my wife would love the roadtrip. We spent a lot of time at the Stockbridge-Munsee Reservation so would have liked to run through there on the way. We had friends in Wittenberg as well.

Dave LASM

Tom O': Why that sucks! Hope you don't experience any symptoms. Makes sense that you would catch the damn thing from a healthcare professional...they do see sick people on a regular basis. I've been to two Medical Facilities within 5 days, hope the mandatory mask, and the double boost of the vaccine worked. On the bright side, you can watch the Stanley Cup Finals (ABC and ESPN+), to help pass the time you are in quarantine.

Curt: Nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back