Running Bear's December 2021 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good beautifully cold morning from So. Central Wisconsin. The wind chill is at 4f degrees. Winter has proven it has arrived, it may leave at anytime now.

After vacuum duty I will be in the train room today. Lots to do to get ready for some guests who usually ask to see the layout. The grandkids are off school for a couple weeks starting today and the 8 yr. Old grandson said he will help me straighten out the room.

I added a couple forums to be viewed in my daily start up after purging so many sites online and in Facebook. I think I will review what more sites can be purged.

Have a great day.
TomO

yes, I know I have posted this one a few times but it helps convey the season to me.
View attachment 137405
I can never get tired of this one Tom

I have not done this in a while - a photo of my Christmas Barbie!
With her -- I need no present!

2021-12-01 Kate.jpg

Good Morning all. It’s a another crisp morning in the Ozark Foothills 28 degrees.
Thanks to everyone who liked or dropped a comment yesterday I appreciate that. After doing the Small Farm chores yesterday I paid my HO layout another visit. I’m really burned out on the Eastern rails so I started going through my rolling stock and power units and years ago I was gave some Katy and Chicago Great Western stuff and rolling stock from the Midwest. So I think I’m going to start on a Chicago Great Western project for the layout. Here’s some Boxcars out of that stuff that was gave to me I’m going to refurbish. Enjoy you day and be careful check in later.
DA8B51FA-03BB-4915-A09C-F00F8077A3CA.jpeg
F1831F1D-6450-4CCA-9EA4-A2AB4A0E7FE4.jpeg

And you'd have a field day tidying it all up 😂
You have no idea what this guy can do! His partner in crime Doc Holiday can do it just as well as him too! I will post a card board box that Doc turned into confetti....I since then have not given him or Wyatt a card board box after I learned that Amazon sprays the card board with chemicals to deter pest so no fun there....

They have plenty of other things to mess with.....they got a 7 foot 6" Cat tree/condo for an early Christmas present 2 weeks ago. They are loving that!

I once ought a bumper pack of toilet rolls, never gave it a thought hauled it into the front door and dumped it came back and 18 rolls had been turned into a massive nest with my tabby sat on top please as punch with herself the cow!
Yupper exactly same thing happened to me right when the pandemic hit I thought to buy a large package of them and ya that was a disaster! 😹😹😹😹

Annual Physical yesterday. <SIGH>

Upping Blood Pressure meds.

Blood tests showed low Red Blood Count and Low Hemoglobin. And high cholesterol. The nurse wife is all atwitter. Waiting for the doc to call or tell me to come back in. Next Year I think I will put the physical off until February or March. Well after Christmas and before Easter. Really not smart doing tests on a clergyman this time of year!! I did give blood two weeks ago, but things should be replenished by now.

Went to my VFW Meeting and had a nice burger special dinner. Good meeting, but stayed to chat with the boys and wifeykins was not happy. Add it to the list, eh?! Maybe it was the whisky I had when I had previously said I would be coming straight home. But was some after meeting business to attend to and done so over a glass.

Actually ran trains for about 15 minutes this morning after feeding the dogs. Then took them out to do their morning constitutional. Three dogs all squatting and pooping at once. Mind you, was only 9F. Must get home early enough today and run poop patrol whilst still light.

Hope to wrap up with preps by noon and get out for some shopping. No one has asked me anything at all about hobby tools/supplies or train items. So either blanking on that front or getting items blind. Wife and I agreed that it would be a light Christmas since the train vacation was so pricey. That was to be our Christmas present to each other as was set to depart on 02 January. But ........ with the Jan 21 wedding, we cancelled/postponed and will look to do a trip maybe in March or May. But you know how that goes. Got her a sparkly that will surprise her as she is convinced that I rarely listen.

Oh yeah - - - another big <SIGH> - - Youngest dau got the official results form her eye tests. She now meets the definition for "legally blind." Meaning that her peripheral vision is less than 20 degrees total. She's taking it pretty well - maybe better than me.

Man - - - so many posts - - can't keep up but hate missing things. Cheers to all, Merry Christmas to those checking out for a bit.

Steve J

PS - - - this all sounds as if wifeykins and I are on the rocks. Far from the truth! We are great, just normal. Funeral last weekend reminded me again how horrible it would be to lose her in any way. And she feels the same.

Yeah, heard a few of those podcast's, drivel, and no idea what their talking about. Omnicron (as far as we presently know), Is highly contagious, more so than Covid, it's literally like a wildfire with a strong wind, that's the bad news, good news is, it is not AS dangerous as Covid, don't misunderstand it can still kill you, but it's about 30-40% less likely to happen, depending on your health condition.
The point of "the jab" and the booster is to build the immune system so that if you if do unfortunately catch it, you are far less likely to be seriously ill and need hospital care. Masks don't really stop you catching the virus, there there to stop those infected from spreading it, considering around 40% of the population don't get any symptoms at all, but either have or had the virus, and unless you take one of the test's available you wont know if you have or not, so wearing a mask is a small price to pay to protect others.
My daughter lives in an area with a high infection rate, the only reason she's coming to stay for Christmas is because I've had all the jabs, and she has had a Lateral Flow Test if she hadn't, I would have Christmas on my own.

As for persuading your other half to get the jab, (and I'm saying this in jest) Try rummaging around where you keep all your paperwork, when she asks what your doing, answer her "I'm looking for your will, if your not getting the vaccine and I end up a widower, I want to make sure I get all the money honey.";):)
Well I have researched Covid and although I am no expert I have a number of conclusions

when Trump backed the drug and took it Pharmaceuticals ridiculed it because they could make no money out of it,it was cheap.
Darker skinned people suffer more,the statistics support it, but they do not say why! dark skins do not process Vit D3 well out of their origins,ie nearer the equator white skins adapted to get more vit d3 as we moved away from the equator most of our genes respond to vit d3 and it takes at least 2 weeks to get your levels even jump started. Buy Vit D3, and take it with the appropriate levels of K2.
A number of scientists are dtating higher than but at least 4000iu Vit D3 and 200 k2 not in but they can be bought in tablet form together.

Zinc is a massive boost against viruses in general take at least 15 check I think it’s mg not mcg, again the dosage is in everyday tablets,if you are I’ll boost this to 40 per day or 2 x 15 one morning one night as your bodies can struggle with water soluble vitamins but store fat soluble vitamins.
Take vitamin c with the tablets because vit c helps the absorption rates.

never ever go above subscribed levels,but
vitamin d3 and vitamin k 2 have a relationshiip
zinc and vit c have a lesser relationship

overdosing on some vitamins is very dangerous and can deplete other important items such as copper

But basically if you are healthy you deal better withe respiratory issues such as Covid, and although vitamins were once bemoaned, I think 60 percent of Americans are low on vitamin d3 as you get older you skin processes less vit D3 and in winter with no sun you need supplements.

hospital are known to put 10000s of thousands into a single boost of vitamin D3 when fighting certain respiratory.

Please please double check for yourself, in case I put up a typo and missed it!!! But in general cheap easily available vitamins and minerals will make you far more resilient l

I am taking these doses and you need more vitamin D3 if overweight,obese twice is not out of the question,BUT certain vitamins and minerals interact badly with certain drugs, blood thinners I think is one,so check with a doctor if you can,because this type of advice can be as dangerous as not doing it to some people. so the old adage buyer beware applies.

Yupper exactly same thing happened to me right when the pandemic hit I thought to buy a large package of them and ya that was a disaster! 😹😹😹😹
Luckily I am a discount fiend and had a good supply bought on special offer,family and friend who ridiculed me for my stocks of toilet paper , flour, tinned foods were suddenly bemoaning the lack there of on shelves,we never suffered from shortages,but I gave to ensure the family uses stuff in date order……little devils.

Annual Physical yesterday. <SIGH>

Upping Blood Pressure meds.

Blood tests showed low Red Blood Count and Low Hemoglobin. And high cholesterol. The nurse wife is all atwitter. Waiting for the doc to call or tell me to come back in. Next Year I think I will put the physical off until February or March. Well after Christmas and before Easter. Really not smart doing tests on a clergyman this time of year!! I did give blood two weeks ago, but things should be replenished by now.

Went to my VFW Meeting and had a nice burger special dinner. Good meeting, but stayed to chat with the boys and wifeykins was not happy. Add it to the list, eh?! Maybe it was the whisky I had when I had previously said I would be coming straight home. But was some after meeting business to attend to and done so over a glass.

Actually ran trains for about 15 minutes this morning after feeding the dogs. Then took them out to do their morning constitutional. Three dogs all squatting and pooping at once. Mind you, was only 9F. Must get home early enough today and run poop patrol whilst still light.

Hope to wrap up with preps by noon and get out for some shopping. No one has asked me anything at all about hobby tools/supplies or train items. So either blanking on that front or getting items blind. Wife and I agreed that it would be a light Christmas since the train vacation was so pricey. That was to be our Christmas present to each other as was set to depart on 02 January. But ........ with the Jan 21 wedding, we cancelled/postponed and will look to do a trip maybe in March or May. But you know how that goes. Got her a sparkly that will surprise her as she is convinced that I rarely listen.

Oh yeah - - - another big <SIGH> - - Youngest dau got the official results form her eye tests. She now meets the definition for "legally blind." Meaning that her peripheral vision is less than 20 degrees total. She's taking it pretty well - maybe better than me.

Man - - - so many posts - - can't keep up but hate missing things. Cheers to all, Merry Christmas to those checking out for a bit.

Steve J

PS - - - this all sounds as if wifeykins and I are on the rocks. Far from the truth! We are great, just normal. Funeral last weekend reminded me again how horrible it would be to lose her in any way. And she feels the same.
Sorry about the daughter sorry to here about your health, and sone times despite the risks you take there is a mental health issue,and others probably feel better for seeing you,as well as you seeing them……no one said life was easy.

I quirred TERRY about JEROME a couple days back.
TERRY said that he had seen him on a couple gaming sites - that is all!

I have reached out to Jerome a few times. I am surprised that he dropped off the radar. I know at one time he had his Honda Goldwing and accessories up for sale on ebay motors. I never got a response from him over the last 9 months. I wish him well and hope all is well with him and his wife/family.

Good morning coffee shoppers!
I don’t get in here much (sign says no shirt no shoes Flo, absolutely no mention of pants)
Anyway just curious if anyone’s been in touch with Jerome at all?
No answer to texts, calls, or emails… hoping he’s ok!
Otherwise things are good up this way and looking forward to some (well earned and overdue) time off.
Wishing everyone a safe and happy holiday season and all the best in the new year!
Rico,

I have reached out to him numerous of times. He and I go back quite a ways and yet he kinda dropped off the radar. Not sure if he is just taking a break from the hobby or what. He has done this in the past but not this long...as I mentioned I hope he is doing well.

Merry Christmas to you and have a Happy New Year as well!

Good Morning All. Clear and 38° today.I cannot stay long as I am having a terrible reaction to the Covid booster yesterday. At least that's what I think it is. Major chills and everything aches but the spot of the jab! Maybe I'll be feeling better later, meanwhile the grocery trek has been postponed.
Virus detected, Cap'n
Immune system engage Red Alert
Virus at aft, no port, no starboard! Heck, it's all around us Cap'n
Ready photon torpedos. Fire at will.
Aye. All banks... Torpedo's away!
Another round. Let that virus have all them photons!
Cap'n false alarm!
Don't care. Keep firing. Good practice for the crew. Through phasers in too!
Cap'n, we found some tribbles in the aft hold.
Good thought, Scotty. Beam the tribbles at the fake virus. We'll show it what for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back