Running Bear's December 2020 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,
I am 15.
Curt- Thank you, I try my best.
Willie- I am not sure why my bio says 30, but if there is any way to change it I would like that.
Jerry- this is what you think when you see Graffiti. Taken at the Alton Southern yard in East St. Louis on July 27, 2020.
1608307494499.png

I am feeling much better than yesterday. I guess I just had to let my sinuses drain. The weather isn't too bad out today, so I may continue laying my bricks around my railroad signals. I may work in the basement on the railroad, but I have hit a standstill until I get my package of building supplies from midwest model railroad. It was supposed to get here on Monday, but it is stuck in St. Louis. I need it to come so I can continue on my roundhouse and other structures.

I know you aren't supposed to revive old posts, but can I revive this one? I started it a long time ago and would like to show what I have done.

Have a pleasant Friday everyone.

Good morning ....

I don't know what happened to my post earlier today, but I fixed it. Must be that new Russian hack!

WIllie ..... I was wondering. .... I'm catching on now, and see you are posting pictures of a layout tour. Today's pictures of a western railroad are very nice.

Patrick .... Interesting photos of a MILW depot that had been converted to a restaurant. You said the railcars were for sale. Perhaps eventually a scrap metal company will buy them.

Justin .... The C&O GP30 looks good.

Guy .... I agree with your comment to Jerry about "artists" .

Dave ..... Your 4-6-0 looks like it will be a fun project.

December was a busy time for railroads hauling mail and express.

Here is the modernized heavyweight baggage/RPO car I built. The prototype, CB&Q 1941, was used on Burlington's Kansas City Zephyr.

38490246850_4baf67ae1f_k.jpg

Below is a picture of a GP7 switching mail and express cars at Union Station.

35805877555_19d6dcd1f8_b.jpg

I know you aren't supposed to revive old posts, but can I revive this one? I started it a long time ago and would like to show what I have done.
I never read of that rule, I don't think that it exists. I see older threads than that being revived quite often. It's just sometimes the OP is no longer active on the forum which makes updates and responses difficult!:(

I'm Lurking most of the day! Going to be 70 today, 73, and 78 the next 2 days.

LUKE - If I did not say "thank you" for the MP info, I am saying it now! Willie did mention most of the things that you did too. Still confused about the T&P spin-off? I'll do a little research?

In answering your question - there is NO RULE on continuation of an older thread. Wear your keyboard out!

Guy - I was trying to follow where the rails went North and West of Whitecourt, but I could not figure it out -- thanks for the enlightenment. Didn't know that there were oil and gas wells that close - another bit of trivia "stuffed in the noggin" which I may never recall again - LOL 🤪 😁

Willie - I was wondering if I needed to call the medics after your post?

Afternoon All,

Started out with some chores then laid down 2.5 pieces of flex track and a RH T/O (goes to private coal dealer). I did not get to the electrical hookup (3) which I'll do tomorrow before finishing the main RL. I did run the F3 over the new track (powered from yesterday's electrical hookup) without issue.

Tomorrow son and I need to put everything back on the pool deck. The new paint job has been sitting for 3 days curing.

Thank you for the photo likes yesterday.

Garry- Thank you. I have greatly improved in the track laying and electrical departments. My oldest is 41.

Mikey- Nice club photos.

moermusic- Shame about 2816. Everything looks tasty except that Lutefisk.

James- I agree with the others about graffiti.

Kleiner- Welcome.

Patrick- Nice photos.

Justin- 3015 looks good. What type of diesel is it.

Willie- Thank you. Nice layout tour. Why did you line out most of your post?

Dave LASM- Thank you. On my first layout when I started out knowing practically nothing about wiring and track work. The RL totally confused me and I had to have a MRR friend come over to help me. Another problem was using a Digitrax AR (piece of crap). I really like the 10 wheeler. One reason I seem to make a lot of progress is being retired I usually work on the layout every day between 2-4 hours.

MoPac- I hope you get your supplies quickly. It's the pits waiting on supplies.

20201218_140822.jpg

I hope everyone has a good night.

Good afternoon. It's clear and 41. All of my packages are still parts unknown. The one in Alaska has now spent more time visiting there than I have.
I finally managed to stop by my LHS today, and received some bad news. The owner has passed away. The store is still open, and in the hands of executors.

Good Afternoon Gents
Has anyone ever looked at their layout and thought " I did this all wrong and should tear it down & start over"?? In hindsight I should have used the entire back of my shop and built the room 20x10 instead of 12x10. I didnt plan on focusing so much on the Union Sugar mill but it has so much to model and it was 80% of the SMVRR's revenue back in the day. I built the 20,000 ton silos from 6" PVC pipe but now I need to make the cone shaped lids. Hmmmm? Here's a couple pics of the real ones and then mine, which I think need lighter paint. The insulation is the yellow/brown color on the one silo. The red dot is where the beets were unloaded. Yellow dot was the truck scale, blue was the Main building and green was where I loaded the sack sugar in a covered dock area.
Screenshot (48).png
Union sugar route.jpg

IMG_0477.jpg
IMG_0478.jpg

Afternoon All,

Started out with some chores then laid down 2.5 pieces of flex track and a RH T/O (goes to private coal dealer). I did not get to the electrical hookup (3) which I'll do tomorrow before finishing the main RL. I did run the F3 over the new track (powered from yesterday's electrical hookup) without issue.

Tomorrow son and I need to put everything back on the pool deck. The new paint job has been sitting for 3 days curing.

Thank you for the photo likes yesterday.

Garry- Thank you. I have greatly improved in the track laying and electrical departments. My oldest is 41.

Mikey- Nice club photos.

moermusic- Shame about 2816. Everything looks tasty except that Lutefisk.

James- I agree with the others about graffiti.

Kleiner- Welcome.

Patrick- Nice photos.

Justin- 3015 looks good. What type of diesel is it.

Willie- Thank you. Nice layout tour. Why did you line out most of your post?

Dave LASM- Thank you. On my first layout when I started out knowing practically nothing about wiring and track work. The RL totally confused me and I had to have a MRR friend come over to help me. Another problem was using a Digitrax AR (piece of crap). I really like the 10 wheeler. One reason I seem to make a lot of progress is being retired I usually work on the layout every day between 2-4 hours.

MoPac- I hope you get your supplies quickly. It's the pits waiting on supplies.

View attachment 122046

I hope everyone has a good night.

3015 is a GP30.

Sherrel- The T&P was a separate company that the MoPac bought later. I think MP owned stock in TP since the early 20s. MP bought TP in 1976. So the TP was a "separate" company, but MP controlled them. Hope this helps. I should be saying thank you. I enjoyed this as I model the Missouri Illinois in Southern Illinois, so I never looked at the Arkansas part of the timetable. As for wearing my keyboard out, that won't be happening now. This morning I was opening a taped box, and the knife fell off the table, and I tried to catch it🤪. Knives are sharp, and fingers aren't made of metal. I cut the tip of my second finger from the right on my right hand off. This whole thing has taken me 30 minutes to type, so I may do smaller posts with lots of photos. I got nothing done today, sadly.

I can't leave a post on a bad note, so here is my dog, Louie. He is a basset hound with a crooked nose. He was born that way. This is him at Easter.

Attachments

• The Easter basset.jpeg
    The Easter basset.jpeg
    831.1 KB · Views: 129
Good Evening all. The weatherman screwed the pooch on today's forecast. Was to be a beautiful sunny day, however we got just the opposite. Gray and overcast.
Today was grocery day, well a curbside pick up. Judging from the parking lot of the 2 big grocery stores, lots of people are actually going inside to shop.
Moermusic - what are those tortilla looking items?

Kleiner - welcome

Dave - nice loco

Willie - some neat pics
I did manage a little time for the layout. Leveled up the table, shelf for the turntable controller and test ran 2 more locos.

Dave - I would make the cone shaped tops out of poster board. They grow a lot of Sugar Beets here in my area of Montana.
I like your progress! :)
@CM-Fan Walt, I traced one out of one of those thin paper plates, not the fancy thick ones we use for company , and it worked well. More experimenting. I thought sugar beets were done here in the U.S. what with corn sweeteners taking over. (why sodas dont taste like they did in the 60-70s)

Mikey - How's your brother doing?
Willie-Thank you for asking. He is about 97% recovered and is almost back to normal until he gets tired.
We have been working on his mobile home to replace the damaged subfloor, installed laminate flooring, central air and heat, new water heater, newer washer and dryer and refrigerator. The inside has been painted and we made a headboard for his king size so we can begin putting furniture and things back in place. We hope the doctor will release him back to drive in January. Until then, he will continue to stay with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back