Running Bear's December 2019 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning Everyone...overcast and a bit of snow last night after some rain. More snow tonight.

Hobo:
Cute puppy you have as a mascot. Hope the vet trip turns out okay. We're looking for a puppy or young adult ourselves.

Chet: No adult beverages at the drive through zoo, only hot chocolate and popcorn. Watched Overhauling on the Motor Trend channel this morning and Chip did a custom Sunbeam. Great looking vehicle, a rich blue with white stripes. A friend of mine is restoring a Ford Cobra and its taking him years to get where he is at the present and I hope he finishes the restoration. He's in the process of re-wiring the vehicle, then do the interior.

Willie: Nice looking house structure and that's a great garden the owners have in the side yard. No sweet corn?

Heading down to the layout today for sure. Back to that SD-39 derailing problem. Have a couple of mail orders that should arrive soon. I did buy a new wire strippers from the Kalmbach Company Store. The strippers I have are old and don't work real well on fine decoder wire. Hope these from Xuron work better. Also they are sending me some decal setting solution. Athearn is sending me replacement bottom clips for the SD-39. I already damaged one attempting to remove it. Shipping is costing me more than the price of the parts.

I need to order some more billboard signs from Blair or Bar Mills. I like the way they add interest to the top of a building.

That's about all for now.

Greg

##########################

IMG_0341 (1).JPG
The pool hall with a House of Ill Fame upstairs. It looks uneven but that's just my camera angle.-Greg

I hope everybody had a good Christmas. We just returned home in KY from our Christmas trip to OH and MI.

I have not begun to catch up on stuff. I hope to get back to the model railroad soon and to continue with my Super Chief project.

Have a good day!

Not sure I be posting tomorrow so wishing everyone a early Happy New Year! The weather guys think we may get up to six inches of snow tonight into tomorrow and have issued advisories for parts of Wisconsin. We're staying in tomorrow night and will be in the Packer/Bar room listening to classic Rock and Roll tunes along with some Carpenters' Christmas Music. I have my traditional Harvey Wallbangers along with lots snacks. No need to go out in the snow and pay inflated prices since it's New Year's Eve.

I gave Cathy a portrait of Bart Starr, Brett Favre and Aaron Rogers together for a Birthday present and we hung it in the Packer room on Saturday. She has met both Starr and Favre and their wives and now has Rogers on her list as a person to met.

Next Year everyone.

Greg

Afternoon All,

Started out with some chores then worked on the layout for a couple more hours. Although everything is stacked on the front of it, everything has been removed from it's previous location and ready for wrapping and storage. The signals were removed with more ease than expected, but as expected the Round House (TT is fine) is a write off.

Chet- Yes, I'll be building another after the repair work is complete. I'm thinking one that wraps around the wall (back mounted on wall) with 1 or 2 peninsulas with 30" radius.

Greg- We have wall and floor water damage from a leaking roof. Neat pool hall. Happy New Year.

Toot- WOW. Stay safe.

Willie- Great looking house and garden.

Sherrel- Good luck with the test.

Johnny- Nice haul.

Tex- He looks like a cutie. I hope everything goes well at the vet.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Ray - Interesting photo of the cloud formation and the fires. Hope the fires stay far from you.
Fortunately, yes. We're even getting some showers. The whole southern part of the continent has been getting a heat wave and strong winds, increasing the fires severity.

Some tragic fire news that I've just been waiting on for more details. 1 young volunteer fireman has been killed and 3 others seriously injured in New South Wales when their 2 fire trucks (2 in each) were overturned by tornado like winds. The one who died was in the lead vehicle, an 8 ton truck, that was, according to the witnesses, picked up off the ground and flipped, landing on and crushing the cab. The others are all badly burned as well as other injuries. It's reported that those that saw it, can't believe it.

Back from the medical establishment! The Sonogram only lasted barely 10 minutes. I expect the Doctor will call later on this evening,or tomorrow morning.

Here's an RDC returning from West Yellowstone entering the Logan Yard and dropping off passengers at the stations.
CHET - Absolutely beautiful pictures of action on the "Logan Valley"

Still waiting on the dishwasher?? Now that Christmas is over, maybe you can check out the appliance stores and play "Let's Make A Deal".
Just as I was thinking the same thing, on the way to the medical building, I received a call asking if the repairman could stop by this afternoon arounf 4 PM - We may be back in business for tonight's messing's. Bout time as my hands are starting to shrivel up matching my "willie", er "johnson".

. I'm a jigsaw puzzle nut (no snide comments, please), so I'll look forward to working on this one over the next couple of months.
Johnny -- That looks like a nice puzzle. The Spousal Unit and I gave up on a 1000 piece!
We took forever just to complete the border and not much further-the colors were so close that we drove ourselves nuts trying to match them, and then they were the kind that did not interlock very well. I once was very good at doing them!

Hughie -- What a beautiful little "buddy" you have there; I hope he will be fine. Perhaps the G-kids fed im too much and upset his tummy?
We added a third pup a couple days back. I'll see if i can get a decent picture later on. My "Carolina Dog", Foxie just turned 13 and now has a tangerine size tumor on her left front shoulder and as the normal life span for her is 12-15 years ... I am afraid that I may lose her more quickly than I wish. If she should go - I was more than happy to just have "Charlie", the Bichon/Poodle who is a handful by himself, but wife thought he should have a playmate.
What's strange is the Wife is not the "died-in-the-wool" dog lover. Her sisters kept asking me if she had a fever, or was she ill? Anyway's -- we now have a Mexican street pup somewhere's 3 YO; she is a poodle/something mix?

We're staying in tomorrow night and will be in the Packer/Bar room listening to classic Rock and Roll tunes along with some Carpenters' Christmas Music. I have my traditional Harvey Wallbangers along with lots snacks. No need to go out in the snow and pay inflated prices since it's New Year's Eve.

I gave Cathy a portrait of Bart Starr, Brett Favre and Aaron Rogers together for a Birthday present and we hung it in the Packer room on Saturday. She has met both Starr and Favre and their wives and now has Rogers on her list as a person to met.
GREG -- What better way with your choice of music there, and not getting out in the cold.
In my past I met several players and even flew a few college football charters - a real blast!
A few that quickly come to mind are: Len Dawson, Joe Montana, Joe Namath, Terry Bradshaw, John Elway, Don Meredith, and several other players. I regret that there are no GB guys there.

Good evening, fellers! Good to see Boris, Garry and Johnny are back, safe and sound. Been busy today with a bunch of odds and ends.

Got signed up for Medicare last week and was checking out about weather or not I had to sign up for Part D. Called the main number on the state website for IL SHIP and had to wait for 20 minutes to get the local number for them. I guess this makes it official-calling the Illinois Senior Health Insurance Program for Medicare advice means I'm now an OLD FART for real! Well at least I got good news.......the insurance coverage I got for my severance from my employer means I don't need Part D until 2021.

They offered a weeks pay for each year of service, plus they would pay the cost of COBRA coverage until the end of 2020. COBRA coverage doesn't count the same as employer's insurance--even thought it's the same insurance--so I had to take Part A and B Medicare. I'm not complaining, I got two weeks pay and my earned vacation pay.

I was planning to work until the end of March, then retire. They just sped things up for me, bless their hearts! Now, I have to see when I will start drawing my Social Security. I've got 14 months to go before full retirement age. I'll probably wait until July or August to take it, if I can, so I'll get as small a cut as possible.

Nice switch towers, everyone. Seems to have been a real popular item!

Johnny- I like the puzzle! Thought it might have been defective, but finally saw the Zephyr at the top right corner.:)

Willie- Nice house---prime real estate!

Chet- Take care of your leg! The trains will still be there later.

Curt- Sad thing about your layout, but glad you plan on a new one! If you need some help with track laying, I think these guys might be able to help if you give them a call.
IMG_0399.JPG

IMGP5706.JPG

I'm guessing here too, but it seems the Belgrade switchers #404 & 5, have delivered this empty Lumber centerbeam to the team track in this pic
1577769419214.png

And are now leaving
1577769525708.png

Some info this time. This rail train (can't see the ACe's #) was waiting for the switcher to finish it's job and clear the tracks. No info as to where the rails were headed to.
1577769755128.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back