Running Bear's December 2018 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
GARRY, That's a new one on me - Have not even heard of it. I will have to look it up. If it was mid 70's to early 80's - I was out of country during that time?

1545933162048.png

The New Yorker

Afternoon All,

Ran some errands today and stopped at Wally World. Crowds were light and walked right up to a registero_O. Of course Valentine stuff is already out:mad:. Got home and spent around 2 hours working on the freebee kit that came with the large one.

Sherrel- Earlier in the year there was a car commercial that implied you should buy their car because it has a "Beats" stereo system. The whole idea is ludicrous.

Willie- That looks like a lot of detail work.

Beady- Sorry to hear about your and your MIL's medical problems.

Mikey- I'm sure everyone has a similar story of some kind in their past (or future).

Louis- Nice B&O poster. Great shot from the RRMP.

Toot- Well said.

David- Glad you are feeling better.

Migalyto- I've seen that video on FB. Too bad the police didn't jump out of the box and arrest the thieves.

Chet- That's a lonesome feeling picture.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Forgot the weather today! Oh well, I think most of us should have some and if you need some we can share.

BLI’s Paragon 3 decoder is much more reliable than their Paragon 2. The issue with the 3 is that it is designed for their under-layout subwoofer, and all the bass sounds are sent to that instead of the onboard speaker.
Yeah, the subwoofer would be a bit much to lug to to the club.

Where did you come up with that video of Chet bowling?
It was just one of those things that come up in an FB feed. Thought of Chet immediately. By the yell of satisfaction at the end, I guess it was the first time it had gone according to plan.

Those Noch rudey nudey's sure are highly detailed rudey's. You used to have to swear to be 18+ to view them on the website.

I've just finished watching a video of Soundtraxx's George Bogatuck (spelling) pulling the decoder and smoke system from a Broadway Limited Incorporated Paragon 4-8-2 Pennsylvania locomotive. This video was on MRH's What's Neat in Model Railroading for the month of December. After removing the BLI Decoder and smoke Installation, George re-installs a Tsunami 2 sound system in the locomotive. While I would turn off and not use the smoke system, I don't know that I would remove the BLI Decoder and re-install another sound decoder. This seems like he is saying the the Tsunami 2 is far superior to the BLI System, which might be true (I have no idea). Still, to remove one manufacturer's perfectly usable sound decoder and install someone else's seems like spending money unnecessarily!

What do you think?
I have 2 Broadway limited AC6000 with the QSI paragon 2 sound and don't care for it.I've had nothing but problems with the decoder and if or when TCS come out with one it'll get replaced or sell the units.

A note to some of you who are also members of the MR Forum and sometimes post in the Diner . Dave (hon30critter) of Ontario Canada has some very bad news . A few weeks ago his wife’s brother in law was kidnapped in Colombia. The man’s body was located just before Christmas. Dave informed the Diner yesterday. You may wish to post your condolences in the Diner.

Horrific news for Dave’s family .

When I've had to do something that should take three people, I get a "rent-a-bum" from the day labor pool, work him all day, and return him. It usually costs about $150, and it's worth every penny. You could do something like that with your basement cleanup. Just remember, you're hiring them from the neck down...
You just reminded me that there's a kid in the neighborhood that I've hired before for a couple of yard jobs. I say Kid, but he has a part-time job as a page in the state capitol. The legislature will be signing out tomorrow(?) for a couple of weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back