Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXXII

Status
Not open for further replies.
...Crap-O-La...Noth'in like a jolt of this bug going around to take the wind out'a your sails...
I haven't done a bloody thing in 2 days except make a little soup...Grrrr...

Ken...Great Vid and your Loco is just beautiful...The California State Railroad Museum has one of the SP
'Cab Forward 4-6-6-4' Loco's...Standing next to it a few years back literally made me gasp in awe...

southern_pacific_cab_forward_no__4294_by_rlkitterman-d4tobj5.jpg

Good morning. It's partly cloudy and 41. The forecast is for rain, though it looks like the rain already moved through overnight.

All I get when I click the link is this:To improve your website experience based on your online activity we use cookies and other related technologies.

See our Cookie & Data Policy for more details.

Working for me. Maybe it's only available for local viewing, seeing it's a local car auction. If it doesn't connect in a few hours i.e. by the time I wake up tomorrow, I'll delete the post.

Good morning, y'all. Happy Friday! 32° cloudy, and icy in some places. Well, Our resident woodchuck, Wilbur, slept through the Groundhog's Day Festivities, so there is no forecast.

Curt: The Irony of this is that several analysists and historians attribute the failure of both the PRR and the PC to David Bevan, the PRR / PC's Senior VP of Finance.

Good morning everyone. 11 stinkin' degrees and clear - will rise to 37 later. Time for a big cuppa joe and a bearclaw, please.

Curt, BeachBum, others - re/ "sad day in history." I agree. I guess from your tagline and avatar the PRR still runs in your house. I model NYC, so it's still alive!
Ken - Nice video of the Challenger - beautiful piece of machinery
Toot - Gorgeous 72 Challenger V8. Link worked for me. No money to buy it, though.

Still working on the Vic's Barbershop structure. Just about got figured out how the expansion/addition to the layout will look. Will start building the benchwork this weekend.

Have a good day everyone.

Good Morning: Couldn't sleep this morning - been up for a couple hours already!
Outside it is 41* going up to 84* today - "dry conditions will continue".

Ken D&J - nice loco! Fits right in with your 30k tankers, auto racks, and well cars! LOL

TRIGSTER = don't think the SP had any 4-6-6-4's .. Google .. sp 4294 .. carry on! Sorry that you are under the weather? - Hope you do not have the nasty flu going around. Vick's Vapor Rub got rid og the sniffles that I had for a month. Only took two applications of a gererous amount on the chest at night.

I'm having a tough time with finding layout room! Have been thinking that if I dont use the garage, I may have to go with a "suspended from the ceiling via cables" approach. More research ahead.

Working for me. Maybe it's only available for local viewing, seeing it's a local car auction. If it doesn't connect in a few hours i.e. by the time I wake up tomorrow, I'll delete the post.

It won't work on my laptop, but it works on my cell phone. ???

TOOT = that auction makes me wish that I still had the "pumpkin" .. a 69 Orange Camaro!
Trouble was that it couldn't go passed a cop without being pulled over!

I've been debating with myself whether to share this or not...

Murphy seems to have taken up permanent residence in our house. My wife had a doctor's appointment yesterday. She learned that her kidneys have failed to the point she will require dialysis starting in the next few weeks. Technology has progressed to the point she will be able to get this at home, 2 hours per day, instead of needing to go to a facility. Of course, her dialysis technician will be me...

Good Morning All. 28° and partly cloudy. Happy Groundhog Day. Regardless of the groundhog, I predict that Chet, Mark and Mike will have six more weeks of winter, and Curt, Phil, Sherrel and me will see spring. Uneventful grocery/beer run yesterday except I spent less than $100 for a change. That's due to the fact that my wife didn't go with me!
Out in the train shed, I did a more detailed inspection of the four new SD40-2's after running them in various modes for two days. One of them had a low coupler which upon checking out was due to slight mis-assembly of the coupler/centering spring in the box. Corrected that. On another I had noted on originally removing it from it's box, that the handrail on one side was out of the mounting holes while it made the trip over from China, and was warped in that position. I fixed it at the time but it kept wanting to come back out, so I applied some Woodland Scenics Accent Glue to three holes and that did the trick. Otherwise they are in pristine condition. The instructions that came with them (six pages), tell how to add crew members by removing the cab, but warn that it doesn't work if the loco has certain roof details that reach back to the long hood. Of course mine do. The instructions say that in these cases, they must be added through the operating windows, à la NASCAR! (My words).
Thanks for the comments on the buildings, Johnny, Garry, Chet, Curt, and anyone that I missed. They are in separate towns on the actual layout.

Johnny - It was 1:1 scale, and I should have been more specific, a ball point ink pen. :cool: I am old enough to have used a fountain pen up until at least the fifth grade! Both the cartridge type and the ones with the lever that you used to fill them (like an eyedropper). Those were more fun because they doubled as guns to squirt ink onto other kid's shirts, pants etc. Ditto here on the NFL.
Mark - No worries as the 2019 Super Bowl will be in Atlanta, 2020 in South Florida and 2021 to Lost Angeles.
Garry - Pen can also be a verb!
Curt - Get well soon.
Ken (D&J) - Very nice looking loco. Should fit well with those Gevo's.:)
Joe - Great story regarding the yard. I have observed similar situations in our window/door manufacturing business over the years, although on a much smaller scale. Design engineers just don't normally talk to operating personnel!
Trig - Get well soon as well.
Sherrel - Remember it's Ken's RR and he can do whatever he wants!;)LOL

My dad always claimed that he foresaw the PRR/NYC merger, as he ran NYC diesels with a PRR caboose on his Lionel layout since the mid-50's. My brother who inherited those trains still does the same.

Everybody have a great day.

Willie

Murphy seems to have taken up permanent residence in our house. My wife had a doctor's appointment yesterday. She learned that her kidneys have failed to the point she will require dialysis starting in the next few weeks. Technology has progressed to the point she will be able to get this at home, 2 hours per day, instead of needing to go to a facility. Of course, her dialysis technician will be me...

WOW! - That is bad news indeed. My prayers go your wife's (and your) way. Is a transplant possible in the future? Hope so.

Willie

Terry .... I'm very sad to learn this news..... Prayers for your wife.

Trig .... I have been to the museum in Sacramento and saw the Cab Forward and other interesting displays. I think that museum is a "Must See" for any railfan.

Everybody else.... I'll catch up later... Gotta do there stuff now. ... Enjoy Groundhogs day.

Good morning. 31 degrees with a winter weather advisory out until Saturday. No precipitation yet, but the radar has it all around us.

Willie - I can say that we will have more winter. I can remember one years when the neighbor and I were setting off 4th of July fireworks in the pasture in a snowstorm. I have seen snow here 12 months out of the year. ounds like you are tuning up the new locomotives. Hope you're not drooling on the scenery.

Ken D&J - Enjoyed the video. Loved the Challenger. Of all the steam locomotives, I think the Challenger is my favorite. Nice to see you crank it up and let it run. They're good at that. I have had the opportunity to have ridden behind the UP 3985 a number of times and she can move right along. Cheyenne isn't too far for us and worth the trip.

Garry
- The steering wheel is on the wrong side. Toot - Nice rig.

Terry
- Really sorry to hear about your wife. Some really sad news.

Seems that TapTalk is working again, sometimes.

Here's a rail picture for today.

train-tracks.jpg

Later

Good Morning all, minus 8 with windchill makes it feel like -22. Mostly sunny, possibility of snow, so what's new, it's Winter. Flo, bring me something warm!​

Mark D.

Good Morning Everyone.....Going to take a short break from Model Railroading.

When to the Froedtert Eye Institute yesterday for a cataract evaluation. Both eye need surgery. Pushed the clinic for a date within the next month which they did for me. I knew the MD from where I was the Senior Operations Managers and she helped move it along. Complete removal and will no longer need glasses for distance. right now I can't either close or far. Each eye a week apart.

No modeling while I wait and see and look forward to the improvement in eye sight. Will be 20/20 instead of 20/800!!!

I'll visit the forum once in awhile, but no modeling for me.

Trig: Sorry to hear about your wife and her medical condition.

Keep the dirty sides down.

Greg

##########

Terry -- I am so very sorry to learn of your wife's problem. You and her both have my sincere prayers.
As to you wondering about the post?
I, for one, am glad that you did!

Finally Friday!!!! Haven't been down to the train room in a couple of days. Have had business to take care of. Hopefully tomorrow I can get down there and rework my track a little. I don't like I'm tighter than I should be on my tight radius side. It's early on in this build so I'm not at a total loss. I want to work out the bugs as I go. I feel that's the best approach. That's why I test every track section I add. Anyways I'll check in later if I get a chance.

Justin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back