Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXII

Status
Not open for further replies.
When passing wires through, push a straw or flexible piece of plastic tube through first to give a smooth conduit. Prevents the ends of the wires catching on the wood etc.

Toot: Now you tell me...The straw is a good idea, I have some sitting in the cabinet ust for the purpose, yet, I continue to persist in forcing wire through small holes in 2" foam...Some of us are incorrigible. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I will be documenting my build of Bar Mills "Wicked Wanda's" kit. I've taken some pictures and will organize and post them ASAP. I didn't realize there was so much interest.

Willie: That's a great idea. It's helpful to those of us who lack "courage" and avoid difficult projects.

Toot: Now you tell me...The straw is a good idea, I have some sitting in the cabinet ust for the purpose, yet, I continue to persist in forcing wire through small holes in 2" foam...Some of us are incorrigible. :rolleyes:

We just need reminding from time to time, the "Oh yeah! that's how I did it before" syndrome.

Morning fellers,
61 and sunny here heading to 86.
Not a whole left for me to do at Larry's.
Only 1 small bathroom cabinet and doors to be done in enamel then put it back together.
After that, I'm just cutting in the walls to the trim and floors.
I may be done there by Friday.
We'll see.
E.

Good morning, 31 and sunny. We ended up with 3" of rain in the latest event here, one of our streams was actually flowing opposite its normal direction because a larger river it ran into was so high! I've never seen that before.

Thanks for the comments on my pics!

Curt, I love seeing all those tracks! Nice!

Big E-- I used to enjoy my breaks between jobs when I was self employed. At first it was a little nail biting but after a while it became a good thing.

more later

Good morning. Another very dreary day out here. Overcast and 38 degrees to start off the day.

Toot - Nice video. Hope Willie can do as good. Sure that he will.

Joe - Had the straws all of the time. No wonder you're crabby. doh.gif

Terry - Let's hope that the stent will work. Hope for the best.

E - If you have time between jobs, you'll have time to work on the trains.

I probably won't be checking into the forum for the next couple of days. I have to get some minor surgery done tomorrow up in Helena. I had some condition that I can't pronounce, but what it is I found out is not uncommon. My lower eye lashes are curling up and scratching my eye ball. They'll make an incision under each eye and pull the lower eye lid down. Maybe they can cinch up the bags under my eyes at the same time. It is out patient surgery. I imagine when it's all over, it will look like I was in a bar fight.

Good morning. Another very dreary day out here. Overcast and 38 degrees to start off the day.

Toot - Nice video. Hope Willie can do as good. Sure that he will.

Joe - Had the straws all of the time. No wonder you're crabby. View attachment 56917

Terry - Let's hope that the stent will work. Hope for the best.

E - If you have time between jobs, you'll have time to work on the trains.

I probably won't be checking into the forum for the next couple of days. I have to get some minor surgery done tomorrow up in Helena. I had some condition that I can't pronounce, but what it is I found out is not uncommon. My lower eye lashes are curling up and scratching my eye ball. They'll make an incision under each eye and pull the lower eye lid down. Maybe they can cinch up the bags under my eyes at the same time. It is out patient surgery. I imagine when it's all over, it will look like I was in a bar fight.
Well, tht's how I look most days.

Still waiting, there was an emergency with another patient, and stepson has not been taken back for his procedure yet.

We've had two cats that have needed that surgery for that exact same reason. Will they be putting one of those funky cones around your neck afterwards?

Oh crap!

Checking in here. Working out of town. Seems to be the way it will be for a while so not much will be happening with the layout. Might mess with it this weekend but I'll have so much other stuff to get caught up on.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

Little late to the party this morning. Just a quick cup of coffee and one of those big fat donuts please.

CHET- I have a couple of those cones in the closet. I think one of them will fit you.

WILLIE-Glad you missed out on the bad weather. I was thinking about you and your garden.

TOOT- That's a nice building .. bet the local wifes' love it!

TERRY- I presume that your in FL? Hope and pray that things go well for you. The moped thought was a good one.

KEN- Have enjoyed you and JOE's conversations on the build and the info you are dishing out.

CURT- You must have been sweating bullets after you broke those 80 gauge wires. I came upon some of those recently .. I have no idea how to solder them?

Hope I have not left anyone out .. don't mean too!
Have a good day.

Good afternoon. 52° and cloudy. Yesterday at the same time, it was 82° a difference of 30°. Heat's on again, after a couple of nice days.

Chet: Best wishes for a successful procedure. I think one of those cones would be perfect.

Checking in here. Working out of town. Seems to be the way it will be for a while so not much will be happening with the layout. Might mess with it this weekend but I'll have so much other stuff to get caught up on.

Hi Lame, wondering where you have been. If your work ever brings you up Cloquet way you'll have to stop in. We just live a few blocks off 33.

Afternoon All,

I'm on here pretty early today. I have the last PD class tonight and they moved it to City Hall....Not near as impressive as that sounds. LOL. Cleaned the pool today then went to the train room and got everything put away, dusted, and vacuumed the floor. My OCD feels better now.

I'm going to video an overview of the layout in the next couple of days so I have it when I see my uncle next month. He does O27 but he saw my layout in February, and there have been many major changes since then.

Chet- You were correct about the language. Good luck with your surgery.

Toot- All great ideas. Thank you for them. That was a great video.

Ken- I was going to suggest Mount Vernon but Joe beat me to it. I have used them for several odd ball decal sets. Have you thought about Pennsy X32/33 auto boxes?. Not sure if they work for you but I believe Bowser has them in kit form.

Terry- I am hoping that your step son only needs a stent.

Sherrel- I exaggerated a little:eek:. The gauge is probably 50 or 60. For me the hard part is getting the insulation off without breaking the wire. I have a stripper for small wiring and it kind of works with a lot of colorful language. The soldering is not too bad with my reading glasses and a soldering station with two arms to hold the wires like I want them during soldering. I purchased some really thin solder figuring it would work better, but it was a pain to use. I ended up using the solder I already had.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Terry - hoping your stepson can get by with just a stent!

Chet - best of luck with your eye surgery, hope you won't have to wear the Cone for too long!

KEN- Have enjoyed you and JOE's conversations on the build and the info you are dishing out.

Sherrell - glad you're getting some entertainment from it, having perspectives from someone who's been on the "inside" [Joe] really helps!

Ken- I was going to suggest Mount Vernon but Joe beat me to it. I have used them for several odd ball decal sets. Have you thought about Pennsy X32/33 auto boxes?. Not sure if they work for you but I believe Bowser has them in kit form. ...
Curt, thanks for the suggestion! The X32 and X33 are a bit earlier than my modeling era, though a few may have stiil been around and re-purposed by the auto mfgrs for other uses...I'll have to look that up in my Walthers book tonight. The car type I'm trying to model is this one: http://rr-fallenflags.org/prr/prr125102awb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Lame, wondering where you have been. If your work ever brings you up Cloquet way you'll have to stop in. We just live a few blocks off 33.
There is a slight chance that I could be up in Duluth next week helping out another crew. If I have my personal vehicle with I definitely could stop by and say hello.

Sounds good, Lame.

Here is my market day photo. Don't think I posted this one yet.

market.jpg.jpg

Chet--Hope your eye procedure goes ok. Issues with our eyes can create some anxiety. I had an eyelash that bent down and in, ended up abrading my cornea or something.

The eyedoctor missed it when I went to see her, but I managed to figure it out myself because it only hurt when my eye was closed (she still charged me). I was able to grab onto it and pull it out (it was growing in and worse every day), that was about 10 years ago and still fine.

Nice photo Dave. Well done.

My problem is when the eye is open. The lower lashes were doing the same thing, brushing the cornea. I have been wearing a contact lens to keep from rubbing the eye, but I can't stand putting the contacts in. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back