Running Bear's Coffee Shop LX

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a short train Sherrel.

Justin - Nice photos, don't let him bother you. Grin.gif

Afternoon All,

Did some house cleaning earlier, then I put in the brake piping and then sprayed the bottom of the car. After that I went to Jo-Anns for some bass wood strips. I was going to do some more work on the car but it was still slightly tachy.

I watched a show today about the Aloha airlines plane that came apart in flight killing a flight attendant. We were stationed in HI when it happened and flew many times between the islands.

Karl- Nice trackside photos.

VA Ken- I get that way at times also. I think that is how we recharge our modeling batteries when we need it.

Ken- Congratulations on your daughters upcoming wedding.

Louis- Interesting looking BBQ building and memories.

Dave- Great news on the house.

Chet- Interesting Electric and plaque. Is that the standard paint job on it?

NG- Congratulations on your son's first day of college. That is a definite milestone for him.

Justin- Nice layout pics and video.

I hope everybody has a nice night.

Curt - The plaque is interesting, but the paint job is really not correct as it has the passenger paint scheme which is quite faded. The photo is the only way I ever saw it, in the freight scheme. I in fact did a custom paint job of this very locomotive years back for an O scale brass collector. It is now sitting in the museum in the old NP depot in Livingston. I have actually ridden in that locomotive and this is what it looked like. It spent a lot of it's life in Harlowtown and was called "The Harlowtown Switcher".

E57B at Harlowtown, MT.jpg

The box cabs were usually run in pairs and the one on display is a single unit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chet, it seems to be one of those days for me, when I seem to see everything wrong with everything...
What's a "Panagraph"?

I thought my plastic would be here today but instead the post office needs my signature. I can't pick it up from the post office till tomorrow afternoon.
In the meantime I got ambitious this afternoon after I got home from work and started the project to replace the turnouts in the main sorting yard. I posted the pictures and details in my other thread of building the D&J Railroad from Scratch.
Time to kick back and unwind for the day. Tomorrow is weekend eve.

29 degrees and at least a half an inch of ice everywhere.

"Das Boy's" first day at the next level of our "education" system seems to have went well.

Before I start this tear-down-re-build I've got to get one of the youngsters around here to set me up with the how-to on posting videos on you tube. Some guy has a Big Boy challenge going and I want to participate prior to tearing most of this up.

Went out to get a few more sticks of firewood .. over one inch of water in my bucket sitting out on the back patio - makes me smile.

Good morning gang,
50 degees this morning, Temps are to drop, 45 by lunch, 40 by dinner and sn*w by late tonight. Screwy!
T.G.I.F

Good morning Everybody!

Another good nights sleep, thank God!

Too many good posts to comment on them all, but one I have to acknowledge; Bruce your boy makes us all proud and your parenting is first rate! He is the perfect example of one of the quotes I live by "no excuses, no explanations, just get it done!"

One other thing about health care; reserve your judgment for what we have for after we see what we are going to get. I don't see billionaires making life any easier on us. The bottom line never lies.

But that brings me back to this "no excuses, no explanations, just get it done!"

Have a great day Everybody!

I forgot to mention; Happy Friday the 13th!

As for luck, I have to count it as a lucky day for me. My oldest daughter was born on a Friday the 13th. :)

If you were a Templar Knight, not so lucky.

One other thing about health care; reserve your judgment for what we have for after we see what we are going to get. I don't see billionaires making life any easier on us. The bottom line never lies.

Louis: Crux of the problem is that we have swapped one group of ruthless billionaires for another...

Problem with "Bammacare" and every other issue that has us at each other's throats, is that it was designed by the elitists for use by the minions. How much influence do you (or I), have with your Senator or Congressperson, compared to some "insider" with an army of lobbyists? And, why make it mandatory, if it's not affordable, and the penalty for non compliance is a chump change annual fine?

It says it's 27 degrees but it feels colder.

Thank you for the compliments but they must go to my Father, he's the example I go by. Whenever in doubt I think of what he would do and it has served me well.

Healthcare is something I never think about. I've got the good old V.A. Y'all have gotten a taste with obabbacare of what we have been going through. Lines and waiting is NOT "healthcare"!

It's WHO's side the ruthless businessmen are on that matters. At least THIS one TALKS like he is on OUR side! The last one kept telling ME and people who LOOK like me that I was the problem! It was getting kinda creepy! I never did that stuff they constantly complain about so why is it MY fault? The predictions of doom and gloom that were bandied about over the last guy never panned out so I would not worry too much about THIS one!

The only thing that has changed for me in the last 8 years is I started MRR and that would have happened anyways! I do not anticipate any YOOGE changes in the next 8 years.

Good Morning All. 44° and overcast with a chance of rain for the next four days. There is some light widely scattered rain all about, but not within ten miles of me, yet. Spent some time in the garden yesterday, making final preparations for spring planting before it rains. I start planting in about ten days or so. Made the final applications of compost and bone meal to the areas that I am planting first. In keeping with the outdoor mode, I also cut some more firewood for the heater. By my guesstimate, I only need about another weeks worth to make it through the season. Unless the temperatures did what they did for the last four days, staying between 60° and 80°!!! Kinda nice for January.
Out in the train shed, I got back to wiring the new staging area. Feeders were already installed, just had to sink to the floor and connect them underneath. About 100' of track and 22 sets of feeders, whew! Of course I had to run some trains in and out to test. Great, no shorts yet, I'll finish today, maybe. Next is installing 12 ground throws.

Dave - Best of luck with the impending house sale. That will be a monkey off your back.
Chet - I am right there with you on Obamacare. It may work for some, but I want to make my own choices. Better stop now...
Bruce - Don't know where to start with you. Congratulations to your son and your whole family for getting him this far. I spent most of the 90's paying to put three kids through college, one with a master's degree to boot. On the plus side, none moved back home afterwards. It's good to hear that the loco that you sent Terry works so well. On the "home" front, take your time and ask a lot of questions before jumping in. Hindsight!!! Doesn't sound like you're going to do any "scooting" today. Be safe.
Joe - Yea, after looking at Medicare Advantage plans, I am happy that I went with separate supplemental and drug plans.
Sherrel - Short video? Does it remind you of those 20 second loops from back in college?
Terry - I thought the same thing when I read the sign. It is a shame.

Everybody have a great Friday the 13th.

Willie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back