Running Bear's August 2023 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good evening all. It has been a busy few days with grandchildren visiting, then 'chasing cruise ships'.

MSC Explora 1 Port of Tyne today - 28th Aug 23

MSC Explora 1 Port of Tyne 28th Aug. 2023.jpg

Scene at Leeds Sovereign Street Station

IMG_3347.JPG

Joe - Your comment yesterday makes it almost positive that you're moving. Have you made a choice yet?
Willie: I'm at the point where I really don't have a choice. More than one floor is rapidly becoming a burden. Exercise, while somewhat relieving pain, is not building the desired muscle strength, so I really can't do much of what I planned / needs to be done. The neighborhood is changing, the Orthodox Community is actively buying up homes, may as well take advantage of their spending spree. The question still unsettled is where? September road trips may clear that up. South Jersey , Slower Lower Delaware, North Carolina? Eastern Shore, MD? Sons live in Northern New York, and Coastal Carolina. Ex Con(rail) co-worker and her husband are moving back to Delaware, after years in South Carolina's low country. Not sure what to do.

Afternoon All,

Started out with several appointments at the VA for Dad today. After getting home I washed my clothes (we all do our own). Tomorrow, I have an early VA appointment as well as a late appointment on Thursday for a Cardiac Echo. The worst of the storm currently will go north of us into the Big Bend area. Son is supposed to drive to Atlanta on Wednesday, I don't think that is happening. If the track holds Terry will be closer to the storm than myself or Phil. Of course, it can all change.

Mac- Very nice steamer photos.

David- Beautiful scenery.

Joe- I have heard it is nice in the NC mountains. When we retired, I wanted to move to SC (low country) but the wife said no (she grew up there). That's how we ended up in FL.

Troy- Don't worry about missing the hurricane, there is still plenty to go around until Nov. 30th.

I hope everyone has a good night.

For those of you who are in areas where we need to keep an eye on hurricanes. If you have a LinkedIn account, you can get this app on your computer. Stormpulse.com Lets you see the track models, the assests that might be affected and percentage along with all the needed info about the storm.
View attachment 173458
Neat app, but I tend to be more concerned with blizzards the hurricanes.

Well, I am back to the most frustrating part of modeling to me, waiting for glue and paint to dry.
I just glued the last detail to Birdie's Place for our club On30 layout.
I will touch up a few places with some paint, let it dry and take some pictures.
Hope to have a picture to show you tomorrow.

Evening gents. A somewhat drier wind blew most of the day. The drought is starting to show it's affects. Pine tree is dropping needles like rain, earth moving away from the slab and some very large and deep cracks in the ground. Sure could use a slow soaking rain.

The hobo camp came out pretty well.
1693276868825.jpeg

STAY SAFE
LATER

My personal (vs the work issued) computer, a 2017 iMac started having troubles. I noticed some issues yesterday trying to launch VMWare Fusion but thought it was an issue with Fusion. This morning the computer had restarted itself, which is rare, and I noticed that I couldn’t get a “viewer window” in Mail. Then something put up an alert about the main disk being full. Oh. So I found a ton of crap in the Downloads folder and tried to delete a bunch but the delete was hanging. I had rebooted a couple times with the Mail issue (pre disk full alert) and tried to reboot after the delete kept hanging. The computer started getting stuck on boot and never finishing.

I tried “save” boot to no avail but was able to get to a “verbose” boot that logs everything in detail as it boots and it was getting in a loop of trying to start the mDNSResponder service. That service was hanging or. It starting and it kept trying. Not sure why. I was able to boot into the recovery mode and run some “disk first aid” runs. I left while it was doing one and have not been back down yet. So I’m stuck on the phone for now.

lots happened on the house with a plumber, a couple electricians, two guys with the excavator, and a bunch of windows guys all being there today. Over the weekend my son and my BIL and I had worked at cutting out 1/2” to 5/8” of depth from the LVL window bucks to give more shim room. That took all Friday afternoon and Saturday to do the main floor windows and 1 3/4 of the 4 upstairs windows that we decided to do. Today my son finished getting the wood off the last 1/4 of the window we were doing Saturday evening and I cut some screws sticking out and smoothed it out a little (using a long sawz-all blade and letting it run over the top) and my son painted on the waterproofing we are putting on the outside half of it and on the outside wall.

The window guys put several windows in on the south plus the really big window above the garage.

I did see that one of our windows in the master bath (a smaller hopper style higher up by the shower) is not the right size. It was correct in the last plans I sent to the window makers but somehow the list didn’t get updated and I okayed the list so in effect it is my fault. I’m going to have to get a new window made. I talked briefly with the sales guy but it was later afternoon and he wasn’t in the office so we’ll call me tomorrow. He said it is about 4 weeks. Which is ok. Not great but ok. I’m hoping he’ll throw me a bone and give me a deal of some sort since it is their fault they didn’t get the window into the list correctly even though I’m the end it is my fault as I okayed the list (and it’s been too long since delivery). But we’ll see if they can do something for me.

IMG_3244.jpegIMG_3245.jpegIMG_3252.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back