Running Bear's April 2024 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another cold start in NY. Freeze Watch. They say one more day of this. Too cold to work outside yet.
Swal

W_C_01.JPG

About the only other issue that my cause tinnitus with my hearing would be related to my stress, and sugar consumption.

I did put on about 10 pounds this winter. Too many donuts, cookies, and cocktails. My bloodsugars have been good in the past, but I can see a potential shift based on the last 6 mos.

Easting and exercise is something I can change, but the effects will take some time to be felt. Whether that has anything to do with the tinnitus remains to be seen.

For now, I'll do one cocktail per week on weekends only. And work hard to get the other sugar intake down/exercise up. Drat! No donuts.

Good Morning All. Cloudy and 69° here this morning. A bit cooler today at 76° due to the heavy cloud cover. Rain is still in the forecast for Friday through Sunday, but with temperatures in the low 80's. More of the same for the foreseeable future. Pool opening is still 2-3 weeks away.
IMG_0026.JPG

Mowed a lot yesterday, 2-45 minute sessions got all of the East side done, with a small area on the North between the house and the train shed. Growth was thick and heavy and it took longer than usual. I didn't get the South side done as hoped, but I will get that this afternoon. I did have to make a 90 minute trip to the county motor vehicle place yesterday to re-register the Lexus in the right county. Despite informing the dealer when we bought it, that our address is in one county since our mailbox is in that county, we actually live in a different county 1.25 miles North of the damn mailbox; they registered it in the wrong county to begin with. It makes a difference in where our tax money is spent, but more importantly, the county that our mailbox is in has to have a $51 emission inspection since they're caught up in the high pollution Dallas-Ft Worth area.

Otherwise, today is the weekly grocery trek into Denton this morning. So far that's the only destination on the trek, but if my wife goes along, that could change.

Out in the train shed yesterday, I did continue with the structure cleaning/maintenance. Here's that Fix-It Shop that I added figures to on Tuesday.
index.php

IMG_0014.JPG

I did some upgrading on the bank also. I added a sign; the original one had been gnawed on a lot by a rodent in the old lean-to train room on the backside of my barn.
IMG_0022.JPG

A couple more figures were added to the sidewalk that just seemed a bit too bare.
IMG_0016.JPG

Then there was the Hardware Store that never got any figures either.
IMG_0018.JPG

IMG_0019.JPG

Hughie - Sometimes these layered wood kits have some surprisingly good details.
Troy -
Willie: it's 25db not percent if I understand the graph correctly.
My bad, an unfortunate typo there. I understood what you were posting.
I am not a medical person, but based on what you have described lately, I think that the uptick in the tinnitus is mainly based on stress. And that is compounded by the additional angst involved. It won't go away, stressing about it seems to amplify the condition. No pun intended.
EDIT - I see by your additional post that you are now including diet in your diagnosis, which I fully agree with.
Tom O - Afterlife or not, my neighbor is in a better place now. My belief in afterlife has waned somewhat in the last few years.
Safe travels today.
Karl - Yes, the late neighbor was like family to me and two other neighbors who have been here just as long. The original 75 acre farm was split into 7 properties and four of us original buyers are still here, now 3 but his son was alive when they moved out here.

Today is National Lingerie Day, so celebrate. I won't be wearing any, but celebrate in any way that you wish.
Everyone have a great day today.

Attachments

• IMG_0015.JPG
    IMG_0015.JPG
    427.5 KB · Views: 192
Good Morning All. Cloudy and 69° here this morning. A bit cooler today at 76° due to the heavy cloud cover. Rain is still in the forecast for Friday through Sunday, but with temperatures in the low 80's. More of the same for the foreseeable future. Pool opening is still 2-3 weeks away.
View attachment 186506

Mowed a lot yesterday, 2-45 minute sessions got all of the East side done, with a small area on the North between the house and the train shed. Growth was thick and heavy and it took longer than usual. I didn't get the South side done as hoped, but I will get that this afternoon. I did have to make a 90 minute trip to the county motor vehicle place yesterday to re-register the Lexus in the right county. Despite informing the dealer when we bought it, that our address is in one county since our mailbox is in that county, we actually live in a different county 1.25 miles North of the damn mailbox; they registered it in the wrong county to begin with. It makes a difference in where our tax money is spent, but more importantly, the county that our mailbox is in has to have a $51 emission inspection since they're caught up in the high pollution Dallas-Ft Worth area.

Otherwise, today is the weekly grocery trek into Denton this morning. So far that's the only destination on the trek, but if my wife goes along, that could change.

Out in the train shed yesterday, I did continue with the structure cleaning/maintenance. Here's that Fix-It Shop that I added figures to on Tuesday.
index.php

View attachment 186508
I did some upgrading on the bank also. I added a sign; the original one had been gnawed on a lot by a rodent in the old lean-to train room on the backside of my barn.
View attachment 186510
A couple more figures were added to the sidewalk that just seemed a bit too bare.
View attachment 186509
Then there was the Hardware Store that never got any figures either.
View attachment 186511
View attachment 186512

Hughie - Sometimes these layered wood kits have some surprisingly good details.
Troy -

My bad, an unfortunate typo there. I understood what you were posting.
I am not a medical person, but based on what you have described lately, I think that the uptick in the tinnitus is mainly based on stress. And that is compounded by the additional angst involved. It won't go away, stressing about it seems to amplify the condition. No pun intended.
EDIT - I see by your additional post that you are now including diet in your diagnosis, which I fully agree with.
Tom O - Afterlife or not, my neighbor is in a better place now. My belief in afterlife has waned somewhat in the last few years.
Safe travels today.
Karl - Yes, the late neighbor was like family to me and two other neighbors who have been here just as long. The original 75 acre farm was split into 7 properties and four of us original buyers are still here, now 3 but his son was alive when they moved out here.

Today is National Lingerie Day, so celebrate. I won't be wearing any, but celebrate in any way that you wish.
Everyone have a great day today.
Thanks for the safe trip comment. The wife seems to have a very heavy foot this morning. I told her Hiawatha opens at 10 not 8:35 at the rate she is moving. Turns out we are having breakfast before the Hiawatha stop with 2 old business associates! I was told I was told this and agreed. I however deny all knowledge of this because if I never saw either one of them again, life would be good! No matter, I will lose any discussion on it and will just grin and bear it, it’s a free breakfast! I however will not do business with either again. Terry though wants to hear what they have to say…

Have fun with the groceries today

Good Morning!

I'm not sure if it holds any weight, but, it's supposed to be 'National Grey Haired, Grumpy Old Man Day' today. Might only be a Canadian holiday; should be recognized worldwide. I'm going to add it to my holiday celebration list, even if it's not considered a paid stat. That increases my list of holiday worthy days to two. Christmas and this one.

Not much going on. I'm still in a position after the operation, that I'm not going to lift more than 10lbs.
This is the day that I get to peel off the holding tape, and see what the surgical scar looks like. I've not seen it yet, but, I think it's 1-1/4" long and kind of a T shaped scar. The stitches are supposed to melt away over time.
The last time I had any type of medical operation, I was 10 years old. That according to the hospital records.

Anyway, the dog is asking for a walk, so I best be on my way.

Here's an old photo, just for the sake of posting a photo. The local chemical transfer station:
Tank_MethanolTransload_06-21-2022.JPG

Have a wonderful day!

Morning all,

58° and cloudy. Had a small bit of rain (not so you'd notice) and expecting more later.

Got up a bit late this morning, bit still managed to get the hall painted this morning. Once I get my shoulders to quit burning, I'll start putting the bedroom back together. I'll still need to get the trim for the bedroom closet before I can put back up the closet interior. The only room not painted is the rec room in the basement. That one has my trains, so no paint for now.

Vacation officially ends today, as Friday, Saturday and Sunday are my days off now.

Try to BBL

Morning folks

45F and a few light showers. Managed to pull off another good one on my wife yesterday who had no idea favorite sister and brother-in-law were coming before they walked in the door. They will be here until Monday before heading back to Ohio.

My condolences Willie. The person that put up my hay for years passed away six years back and there hasn't been any consistency in that task since. The two people that did it in 2022 took me for more than a bit of a ride and I didn't even cut it last year. I'm no longer sure it is even worth the effort. The deer and elk can enjoy it.

I'm not sure if it holds any weight, but, it's supposed to be 'National Grey Haired, Grumpy Old Man Day' today. Might only be a Canadian holiday; should be recognized worldwide. I'm going to add it to my holiday celebration list, even if it's not considered a paid stat.
GUY - Add my name to your list - I can relate easily!
Really like the Chemical Terminal photo!

Morning RR People ... So far behind that I may just have to raise a white flag? Just having a hard time with maintaining a positive attitude about anything except the weather seems to be warming up a little; it is still running mostly 5-10 degrees below normal.

Have another Medical DR appointment this morning ... PET Scan next week to see if my condition has improved any ... then more Chemo is scheduled ... I feel that the carousel will not slow down.

Adding to my problems is that I have done damage to several apps and cannot seem to have them working as needed! BAH-HUMBUG !!!

Just having a hard time with maintaining a positive attitude about anything except the weather seems to be warming, winding

Ah! The challenges of life are always being thrown at us. If it was easy there would be no reason or victory. We learn from one challenge to the next. Success is there in front of us. The thing is not to waver and choose a different path that looks easier, only to find a long, winding, up hill dead end.

WINNERS NEVER QUIT --- QUITTERS NEVER WIN.

Afternoon All,

Started out the day with chores that lasted most of the morning. The AC guy showed up at 11:30. He said although the system is old it has a clean bill of health. :D He says when we need a new one to expect about $8-9k.:( After lunch I headed to the train room and started assembling the walls. The Bondene had almost no strength, so I said WTH at this point I used gel CA and that did the trick. There is still some spread at the sides of the main window, but it's thinner than before. I carefully filled the spaces with clear caulk (via toothpick). After it dries, I will paint it to match the brick wall color. Unfortunately, the 2 lights wiring got so knotted up I ended having to cut the knot off, so I will have to resolder the ends.

Swal- Very neat photos.

Colbert- Seeing is believing in your case!😉

jumpton2000- What kind of diesel is that?

David- Have a good trip.

AemJaYstrains- If your cat is anything like the ones here, he/she is waiting for you to leave so the magazine can be laid on.😉

TomO- Safe travels today.

Willie- Nice looking sunrise and detailed buildings.

Guy- Hey! I resemble that remark. My last set of co-workers called me Walter of Jeff Dunham fame. I would tell them I didn't see it!:rolleyes: Neat photo. Do you know what chemical it was?

I hope everyone has a good night.

Guy- Hey! I resemble that remark. My last set of co-workers called me Walter of Jeff Dunham fame. I would tell them I didn't see it!:rolleyes: Neat photo. Do you know what chemical it was?
Curt - Thanks for the comment. The DOT placard on the tank cars says 1230-3. So it must be a methanol transfer. Methanol was known as wood alcohol in the old days. Around here, it's used in the oil industry.

Louis - I've always thought penguin's really got the poop end of the stick when they were handing out lifestyles. Pretty birds, though.

Afternoon all,

Still have a bit to complete on the bedroom. I have to get trim as there was none in the closet. I also have to rehang the blinds and curtains, then put the bed back. I know I overdid it (as always). Knocked a bunch of stuff off the list.

Have the appointment with the ortho on the shoulder on Monday. I'm also going to ask him about the other one as well. Guaranteed I'm going to get the value outta this body...😁

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back