Running Bear's April 2024 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Afternoon All,

Started out the day with a walk under a very bright full moon. Before I got cleaned up, I went out and did the weed killer in the yard before breakfast (late). I asked MOH to produce the sign on the prototype tower which is different from the typical Pennsy tower. She finished it today and I glued it to thin styrene (for sale sign) then attached that to the two appropriate walls. I should start assembling the walls tomorrow. I'll see how it goes this time around. Tomorrow the A.C. guy is coming out to do the pre-summer check.

Bill- Neat photo.

Mac- Great 1:1 and 1:87 photos. Yeah, I can't imagine any reason to go to Philly or so many other cities. Interesting German motor.

Troy- How did you sleep last night.

AemJaYstrains- I had to look up disk golf to see what it was.

Todd- You definitely sound like you are ready for summer.

Karl- Wow! Tell me how you really feel about your ex. :D

Willie- I'm very sorry about your friends passing.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Sleep was not as good as before, now that I've recovered from doing the flooring.

Had to get the headband speakers out again. I'd wake about every 2 hours, readjust them to get the speakers back over the ears. The bedside white noise generator only works for the exposed ear. The one down on the pillow is buried and doesn't get the white noise. So the tinnitus wakes me up once the headband shifts.

Or I hit the button on accident and shift from the "Pink" noise over to the "brown" noise setting. I really don't want to listen to "brown noise" while sleeping. You don't know what might happen...

I discovered Amazon has under pillow speakers for white noise. One is supposed to be arriving today. I'll report on it tomorrow.

Or I hit the button on accident and shift from the "Pink" noise over to the "brown" noise setting. I really don't want to listen to "brown noise" while sleeping. You don't know what might happen...

I discovered Amazon has under pillow speakers for white noise. One is supposed to be arriving today. I'll report on it tomorrow.
I understand white noise, we sleep with a gentle rain storm noise at night. But "pink" noise and "brown" noise, what's the difference between that and other noises?? I suspect there taint much difference.

I understand white noise, we sleep with a gentle rain storm noise at night. But "pink" noise and "brown" noise, what's the difference between that and other noises?? I suspect there taint much difference.
The frequency of the "static" My tinnitus is in the 4000 hz range, so I'm Pink to White depending on the app. Or "Bright" according to the one I'm using now on my iPhone. Brown is a lot lower.

Mythbusters did an episode early on searching for the elusive "Brown Note" that could cause bowel control issues. Supposedly, Adam escaped unsullied despite being surrounded by concert speakers playing the low end...

Just received some sad news, my 82 year old neighbor of 43 years, passed away yesterday. He was eaten away with cancer for the past 18 months and has gone to a better place. He did all of the work in my hay field all of these years until his son took over about 3 years ago. He will be missed by all of us remaining neighbors. RIP Jimmy.
Sorry for your loss, Willie. Danged cancer!! I’ve lost too many loved ones to that awful disease.

Just received some sad news, my 82 year old neighbor of 43 years, passed away yesterday. He was eaten away with cancer for the past 18 months and has gone to a better place. He did all of the work in my hay field all of these years until his son took over about 3 years ago. He will be missed by all of us remaining neighbors. RIP Jimmy.
Willie, that is sad. I’m not a real leliever in an after life but whatever it is now is better than the dreaded C

Patrick
That’s the one thing I never liked about the first generation, Isuzu, Colorado. Yes I said Isuzu, Chevrolet did not have a hand in that one other than the badging on the body. Like a lot of imported cars from Japan they have a captive rotor. The only way to beat Them at this game is to find a shop with an on car brake lathe, they can resurface the rotors without removing them from the hub.
I'm well aware of the Isuzu link to the 1st gen Colorados. They also had a Holden (Australian model) as well.

I had the '09 for 12 years before I got the current one. They made me an offer I couldn't refuse...

Not a terrible truck for the most part.

Last edited:
And since I replied and then read through the thread...

Warm and windy today. Supposed to get some rain by morning, but who knows. I got the corn and beets planted this evening. We'll see if they do any good. Still have some space, but don't yet know what to put in.

I did finish painting the bedroom this morning, I just have the second coat on the smallish hallway in the basement to finish. It will take me longer to clean up the tools than paint. I still have to put the room back together. I got a load hauled to the landfill this afternoon, when I cleared the garage so the SIL can get his car in the third stall of our garage as they are expecting severe storms tomorrow night.

Good evening. It's clear and 74.
I got another refund from ebay, this one for a Piko engine I'd purchased. It didn't have the telltales of a scam, but it was. The seller had a 100 feedback, had been on ebay for a couple of years, and what I bought, while cheaper than others for sale, wasn't "that" much cheaper.
Then it got a China Post tracking number.
Then it was delivered today by Fedex, though Fedex was never in my neighborhood today, and the tracking number went to a different city.
I filed a "did not receive" claim, and ebay refunded the amount and banned the seller. It certainly went faster than I remember. Usually it takes several days for them to investigate, so I was probably not the first complaint about that seller.

Good evening gang!

Willie, my condolences on the passing of your neighbor. As long as you were neighbors, it would almost pass for family these days.

Captain Weems, wuzzup in your neck of the woods??

Root beer flavored moonshine, it's what's for after dinner! 🫙

Good morning!
FAMILY GUY_DOG.png

BRS41PIN.jpg

Pictures, or it never happened! :D
As requested ! I use Trix C track 2 rails DC made in Germany.

9006.jpg

Well, howdy there internet peoples

It's Troy again

Sleep last night wasn't bad, despite the tinnitis. New pillow speaker helped:

I use two pillows. A thick memory foam one on the bottom, and a thin poly-filled one atop that. Normally I'm a side sleeper, and bury the left ear in the pillow.

That's the ear that hears the best, and doesn't get the sound waves of the sound machine.

So, I'm running two sound sources. One pink noise under the pillow for the left ear, and ocean waves via the bedside sound machine. I still woke up several times but could fall asleep easily once I adjusted speaker position under the pillow.

My only quibble is that the amazon page says this has an auto generator for white noise. I can't find that. I'll give the manual a closer read, but I didn't see it. Pairing it with my iPad via bluetooth was easy, and I just used the white noise app on the iPad to make it work.

Got to go take mom to the DR today. She had a trip to the ER last week, so another follow up with her primary care.

then new hearing aids tomorrow.

Good morning to all of the noise lovers out there. Troy, I feel for you as I’m not sure how I would handle dealing with your hearing issues. At least you’re trying. Best to you…

32f degrees now heading into the 60’s with calm winds. The issue is we won’t be around to enjoy it. We are heading to Southeastern Wisconsin. Pewaukee is the 1st stop at Hiawatha Hobbies Then Milwaukee to stop at Walthers showroom. Then Racine to pick up Terry’s best friend driving back to Milwaukee for late lunch at the St Paul Fish Company at the Public Market location in the 3rd Ward and back to Racine! I’m sure we will walk the touristy section with its cheap but expensive goods or the high end boutiques as one or both of them will find something interesting! The drive home should be in the dusk not the dark. I’m not checking the Milwaukee or Racine weather guesses as it will be at least 7 and maybe10 degrees cooler as they both sit on the western shores of Lake Michigan. The winds are always higher to create a wind chill reading…

Enjoy your day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back