Running Bear's April 2024 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Golden Gate Bridge and major highways in New York blocked by pro-Palestinian protesters! On the Bridge, people trapped in their cars. Can't get to work, or doctor's appointments. Some of these protesters have CA'd their hands to the cars or used "sleeping dragon" pipes to prevent their being removed from the cars. CHP apparently withdrawn from the bridge! One U.S. Senator on Fox, from a Southern state says if that happened down there, the civilian populus would have thrown those protestors off the bridge! One thing to protest, but NOT so as to disrupt other's lives.
Get a front-end loader and pic-um up and either load them into dump trucks or over the bridge sides.
I don't understand why they don't just leave those that glue themselves to roadways, glued in place to roast in the sun for a while. Sure would be a deterrent.

Golden Gate Bridge and major highways in New York blocked by pro-Palestinian protesters! On the Bridge, people trapped in their cars. Can't get to work, or doctor's appointments. Some of these protesters have CA'd their hands to the cars or used "sleeping dragon" pipes to prevent their being removed from the cars. CHP apparently withdrawn from the bridge! One U.S. Senator on Fox, from a Southern state says if that happened down there, the civilian populus would have thrown those protestors off the bridge! One thing to protest, but NOT so as to disrupt other's lives.
Check out the German Police removing protesters, see how one of the officers grips the protestor's wrist.

Afternoon All,

Started out the day with chores including laundry. I had a cavity filled at noon which means I'm finally done with this treatment cycle :D...until next time.:( Not so good news on the model front. Sunday I was gluing the tower walls together and discovered the windows and the walls kept falling apart. None of the glue was bonding. I used Tester's canopy glue, Tester's plastic glue (black container) and Gorilla gel CA and none of it would form a permanent bond. The brick seams around the main windows have a small gap also. By this point I was so frustrated I was ready to throw the damn thing into the garbage, but I put it in a Ziplock bag. MOH suggested that I use rubbing alcohol and swab the seams. Saturday I'll go to the LHS and replace the Tester's glue in case they are old then try again.

Protestors- Nothing like blocking me on a roadway and destroying my property to make me want to support their cause. The drivers should of ran through them. Law enforcement needs to do more in these situations.

TomO- Congrats to your grandson.

Terry- Your golfing sounds like me. Last time I golfed was in 1974.

David- Nice diesel. I remember those days with my daughter.

Patrick- Years ago I surprised MOH with tickets to M.S at Christmas time (she likes them). She loved them but I prefer traditional Christmas music.

Karl- Congrats to #4 son.

Todd- There have been good groups come to this area (Orlando) but the costs are beyond ridiculous. The last concert I attended was the Beach Boys in Honolulu during the early 90's. I'm not counting Manheim.

Willie- Great build and detailing.

Smudge- Interesting video.

Hughie- Nice layout scene.

Troy- Good looking birthday cakes.

Grizzled- Another nice catch.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Go on YouTube and watch how motorists in Europe handle the stop oil protesters that block traffic. They take matters in their own hands. Doesn’t seem like the police want to be too involved.

Ok being new to the area let’s get the important stuff out of the way first 🤪

In Kansas, hutch Wichita area well let’s says an hour from Cheney, trains stores? Would love to find a place like the old caboose hobbies was like in Colorado years ago.

Anyway trains stores in my area? Anyone?

As for the RMS Olympic, it was about 100 nautical miles (190 km; 120 mi) away from the Titanic’s last known position when the disaster occurred. The Carpathia received a message from Captain Rostron of the Cunard’s RMS Carpathia, which had already arrived at the scene, providing critical information about the situation 2. The Olympic continued its voyage, but its proximity to the Titanic’s location highlights the interconnectedness of these historic ocean liners during that fateful event.

As for the RMS Olympic, it was about 100 nautical miles (190 km; 120 mi) away from the Titanic’s last known position when the disaster occurred. The Carpathia received a message from Captain Rostron of the Cunard’s RMS Carpathia, which had already arrived at the scene, providing critical information about the situation 2. The Olympic continued its voyage, but its proximity to the Titanic’s location highlights the interconnectedness of these historic ocean liners during that fateful event.
I watched a program about Olympic captain doing some damage to the ship while navigating it in ports. As a result the ship supposedly had slight list and it tended to steer to one side. The theory is that right before Titanics maiden voyage, names on the ships were switched as well as some other things, and it was the damaged Olympic that actually went down to the bottom. There was also a coal fire down below in the ships bowels which started by accident and was not put out. Considering that the important personalities had "missed" the opportunity for a maiden voyage on the last word in transportation at the time, the official narrative definitely seems suspicious. If i remember correctly, it was the same captain who steered Titanic on that maiden voyage and who did damage to the Olympic.

Last edited:
Coincidentally New York City as well as the cities in California (especially San Francisco), are overrun by woke idiots. What's sad is, grown men (supposedly), can't see what their own actions end up in.

Ok being new to the area let’s get the important stuff out of the way first 🤪

In Kansas, hutch Wichita area well let’s says an hour from Cheney, trains stores? Would love to find a place like the old caboose hobbies was like in Colorado years ago.

Anyway trains stores in my area? Anyone?
Only train store in the area is a small one in Mulvane. Only open on Saturdays.
Hobbytown at Kellogg and Rock used to have more than they do, but they got rid of a bunch of stuff when they relocated in the strip mall they're in.

IIRC, I think I heard about one in Hutchinson, but never been there.

Good morning!
FAMILY GUY_DOG.png

1713258135538.png

INRD 9010 passes the old PRR PL as it goes over the diamond at CP Dale. Dale was once where the PRR from Indy to Louisville crossed over the Indianapolis Belt Railway. February 12, 2023 (Picture: RailPictures.Net/©Kelly Thompson

Well, howdy there internet peeps, especially those awake.

It's Troy again...

Last night I made the mistake of trying to figure out where on the HZ scale my tinnitus was. I had been listening to white noise all day, and finally had it down to a manageable level (about a 5 on a 10 scale).

Oops....

Listening to the sampled tones in the 400-800 hz range ramped it back up to an 8. Ouch! :eek:

So I used these all night

Screenshot 2024-04-16 at 5.18.31 AM.png

Used my iPhone to bluetooth over some surf noise. Plus I had a surf noise generator next to the bed.

They did let me sleep, but the headband shifted during the night as I moved. So, the tinnitus would wake me every few hours. Had to pee anyway, so that worked. And I could fall asleep again.

I can see using these as I recharge the hearing aids, and need to nap.

Not able to word the words at the moment due to the tinnitus. But, I now know that the white noise generation helps. Just need a full day to get it knocked down.

So, I'll be working on getting those missing files rebuilt, and paperback covers made.

And eating some cookies. Wife made cookies last night. I gotta do my part to show her I appreciate that. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back