Running Bear's April 2024 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK - Don't laugh now!
I once went to an EDDY RABBIT concert in the very early 70's.. That is the extent of my concerts!

I am still alive, with one more session of radiation to go on Monday.
MOH and I went to Outback Thursday evening - Upon returning to the motel - I managed to fall, managed to get a ride to the ER with a bloody head, an x-ray, C Scan and three staples later ....
I told the doctor about MOH getting six staples and he said, "Hey, this is not a competition"!

My head still hurts and when I try to sleep and keep laying on that spot (by accident) it hurts like all get out!

Seems that my coming Tue, Wed,Thur of next Chemo has been nixed pending recovery of my head!

OK - Don't laugh now!
I once went to an EDDY RABBIT concert in the very early 70's.. That is the extent of my concerts!
Nothing wrong with Eddy Rabbit, I'm a huge classic country fan as well. He put out some great music!
MOH and I went to Outback Thursday evening -
Did you get the blooming onion? Those are the best!
- Upon returning to the motel - I managed to fall, managed to get a ride to the ER with a bloody head, an x-ray, C Scan and three staples later ....
I told the doctor about MOH getting six staples and he said, "Hey, this is not a competition"!
Wow-Sorry to hear this. Hope you feel better soon!

Afternoon All,

Started out the day with a walk at 54F and currently 81F. After breakfast I did a couple of chores then headed to the train room After gluing the walls together, I discovered that the upper edges don't fit flush and for some reason the canopy glue (windows), Testor's glue, or even Gorilla Gel CA is not forming a permanent bond. Aargggggg :mad:. I don't know what the issue is, but I was so frustrated I almost threw the whole damn thing in the garbage but put all the pieces in a Ziploc and put it up. I may scratch build something instead.

Terry- Nice acquisition.

David- Very nice layout shots.

Bill- Interesting photo.

Smudge- I'm not on FB so I couldn't see those. I did look up Ronnie Corbett to see who he was.

Swal- I saw them in concert late 70's in Mobile, AL. They were playing their New World Record and it was fantastic.

Grizzled- Great looking "gang" there and gondola.

Mac- Great views and rail car shots.

Willie- Nice details.

Troy- I hope your Sis is doing well.

Sherrel- I think about you all the time.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Back from the show, just a few kadee fiber washers (red and gray). Looked at the RPM section and after showing some pics of different freight cars and custom loads I've they want me to display some stuff. There wasn't much there and they are looking for new stuff for displays.

Good evening. A beautiful day in the neighborhood! We hit 82f degrees about 4 hours ago but it’s still nice.

Saw the grandson play this morning where he had a goal and an assist. Later his team won the second game of the day to win the tournament
IMG_1772.jpeg

No modeling again today and I’m not sure about Monday

OK - Don't laugh now!

I am still alive, with one more session of radiation to go on Monday.
MOH and I went to Outback Thursday evening - Upon returning to the motel - I managed to fall, managed to get a ride to the ER with a bloody head, an x-ray, C Scan and three staples later ....

My head still hurts and when I try to sleep and keep laying on that spot (by accident) it hurts like all get out!

Seems that my coming Tue, Wed,Thur of next Chemo has been nixed pending recovery of my head!
Perhaps postponing the Chemo is a good idea. For now. Hopefully the Radiation goes well tomorrow. Hang in there, I think about you all the time. You will beat this.

Well, I did get some model train time in, after all. I got out the new caboose to see what couplers it needed. Looks like it'll be a pair of 1023s, which seems to be "standard" for brass rolling stock. I also noticed it won't roll--at all. I was able to force the wheels to turn, but there's no way they're going to turn on the layout without some serious tinkering. When I get the couplers here, I'll see if I can get the thing to move without dragging it along.

Gorgeous day today!

Wife and I headed to son#4's college today. They were having induction ceremonies for several scholastic societies and his induction into the "Ionic Society". In a nutshell, it is a society of students in their sophomore year who exemplify academic prowess as well as being mentors for incoming students and ambassadors of the college. Yup he is one of them. Afterward a very late lunch, early dinner at a local Ledos Pizza, (I had the meatlovers Calzone) then the hour drive home after dropping him back at college. After getting home and tending to the dogs, twas time for taxes. Ugh, it was UGLY, but I guess it could have been worse. $1,255.00 to the feds, 1,044.00 to the state. Oh well, no new toys for a bit!

Sherril, Do I have to get you training wheels?? Dear God man, take care of yourself!

Well, done!

I once chipped 60 yards past the hole, maybe more than once. Who knows for sure? I only remember the one or two good shots I hit well.

I suck at golf, but it is a fun game! I've only played a dozen rounds of 18 holes. It was enough to give me profound respect for the game and those who play it well.

I broke 100, once! 😁
Louis- I haven’t played a round in over 30 years. Two reasons. 1). My back couldn’t take the rotation motion after being rear-ended heading down the shore for Independence Day fireworks off the beach in Wildwood(1998, I believe). 2)(and more importantly) I lost my golf partner when Dad passed away almost 30 years ago. We played a 9 hole executive course every Sunday morning. We would tee off every week at 7 am & get home in time to make it to church by 10:45. We played almost every week for close to a decade. From junior high til he got too sick to play. It was also my “home course” in high school, as I played on the JV squad. We were both hackers, so I wasn’t good enough to play varsity. Based on some of the schools in our league(plus some nearby “non-league ones), I got to play some pretty exclusive courses, like Tavistock Country Club & Pine Valley(which was also an über-exclusive borough unto itself- population under 20 & has been rated as #1 course in the country over 30 years since 1985). Pine Valley borough was dissolved a couple years ago, with a population of about 12. The main gate to the club is across the road from the Pine Hill Scout Reservation.

Favorite concert... I've been thinking about this, I can't decide.

Black Sabbath's reunion with Ozzy at Ozz Fest. Not only was the show fantastic, but the weather provided a fitting backdrop for a Sabbath show! It went from 90+ to lightning and hail as they began playing. Luckily for us we were in the pavilion, not so lucky for people with lawn seats. To the chagrin of the security, Ozzy called for everyone to pack into the pavilion. It was a mad house, too cool!

As I mentioned, The Blizzard of Ozz was fantastic.

Black Sabbath with Ian Gillian. I could never forget Tony Iommi and Geezer Butler playing "Smoke on the Water"

Every Black Sabbath show was great, regardless of who was singing. I saw all or most of the singers at least once. Ronnie James Dio talked too much, but the man could sing!

Every Ozz Fest show I saw had more than one superior performance. Seeing Disturbed on the small third stage was outstanding! They were the only band I ever saw who laid out rules for the mosh pit and enforced them!

Saxon, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Motorhead, all with the original lineups were fantastic!

The Who was not only a great show they played for over two hours.

I could go on and on, but you get the picture. I saw hundreds of great shows!

I may have forgotten the best show I ever saw. I had too much "fun" in those days. "Smoking and tramping is all that you do, oh yeah!" Anybody know what song that line is from?

I was telling my friend Willy years ago "I wish I had seen Metalica" He said "you not only saw them you sat and had drinks with them when they played the Seagull Inn!" I don't remember, was it was quarter beer night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back