Running Bear's April 2024 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning on day 6 of waking up to clear bright skies. It is already 62f degrees in So. Central Wisconsin heading maybe to 80!

The possibily last hockey game of my weekend is at 9:30 this morning for the grandson. He has held up well against older players with 2 goals and 7 assists in 3 games so far. 2 more games today but I have a prior commitment I have to keep this afternoon. His afternoon game time is TBA so there is a chance but he is aware I probably will miss it.

Enjoy your day

Well, done!

I once chipped 60 yards past the hole, maybe more than once. Who knows for sure? I only remember the one or two good shots I hit well.

I suck at golf, but it is a fun game! I've only played a dozen rounds of 18 holes. It was enough to give me profound respect for the game and those who play it well.

I broke 100, once! 😁
Louis I've been playing for 70 years. Pawling, NY has the oldest public golf course in the US, !890. They let everyone under 18 play there for free when I was growing up so nearly every kid in town played. It's also the town where Darth Vader lives. I live just down the road from Pawling now.
I'm a member of the Dogwood Knows Golf Course. Most golf courses have a bar attached. Dogwood is known for a bar with a golf course attached.
Swal

Last edited:
What do you think?

Masters_bridge.JPG

Abbey_Road.JPG

Good morning everyone!

A gorgeous Sunday is on tap for Northern Illinois! Currently sitting at 68 degrees. Temps are supposed to climb in the low 80s with plentiful sunshine.

Not sure what's in store for today. Laundry, yard mowing and trimming, and grocery shopping were all done yesterday. Too nice of a day to spend it in the basement, but stuff needs to be done down there to move on with the next phase of track laying.

Have a safe day all!

Good morning gang!

59° and sunny this morning heading for a high of 77°.

Fortunately, I did not win at bingo last night, however, a good time was had by all with son number two and wife and son number three attending. We also ended up sitting with one of the wife’s friends so a good time was had by all.
Off to some number four college today as he is receiving some sort of an award and then afterwards we will probably take him to dinner.
BBL

I was ready to lose so money yesterday until I chipped in from 60 yards out for birdie on the last hole. That changed everything money wise. I usually share a cart with Darth Vader's brother in-law (James Earl Jones). My friend's (They call him the Sniper) wife just died a few months ago and he tells me he's moving in with Vader soon. I would like to go over there someday and see what's in that house. I'm going to guess a lot of Star Wars stuff.
Swal
My guess is Master Yoda will be there also, time to wise up😁

Morning folks

46F, clear, and a forecast high of 71. A repeat of yesterday in which I got in a decent hike behind the house. The right knee is still complaining a bit but I intend to repeat that exercise (excuse that pun) again today.
53653299328_19f9137edc_b.jpg

53653080861_d9473027c8_b.jpg

Another from the April 73 collection.
53651228133_8d01792761_b.jpg

Yesterday exploring the old Baltimore and Ohio:
IMG_20240413_152824439.jpg

"The Narrows" just north of Cumberland. Preview:
IMG_20240413_163543058~2.jpg

NS diesels on B&O in this part is unheard of, but with everything turned upside down after the bridge collapse in Dundalk, i guess we can expect many interesting movements in the area. That outcrop from which i took the pick from above is visible at top center. Beautiful weather for hiking.
IMG_20240413_155434634.jpg

That steel bridge above is Western Maryland, today used by WMSRR, bellow is route US40 and splitting off of it route 36 going parallel with Western Maryland. The real surprise was the Chessie kitty 86' hi-cube in the consist:
IMG_20240413_164658094_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240413_164812318.jpg

Good Morning All. partly cloudy and 62°, looking at 86° today, cooler tomorrow and then upper 80's again for a few days. These warmer temperatures send shock waves through my garden full of cool spring crops.

Same old spring routine here yesterday, mow parts of the yard, use the weedeater around trees and buildings, pick up dead branches that yesterday's wind knocked down, and stare wantingly at the still too cold pool. 2-3 more weeks before I remove the cover.

I need to make the wife/granddog exchange today, that wipes out a good chunk of time. Not too sure that it is a good exchange, as the granddog hasn't told me once that I was doing something wrong! I also don't have to wait on him to get ready for church either.

No train shed time yesterday and I already know that there will be none today either. Too much other activity.
I'll just highlight a Bar Mills laser-cut wood structure today from the archive. This is Oakleaf Shipping & Storage.
IMG_7108.JPG

IMG_6281.JPG

IMG_6278.JPG

Troy - Wow! 8 weeks before you can get an ENT appointment. Seems extremely long. Maybe I'm just spoiled with the doctors that I normally use. Other than the Cardiologist (3 weeks), all of mine can generally work me in in less than a week. That may not be the case for new patients though. Referrals from my PCP can also get me in to new doctors pretty quickly.
Louis - If I could have traded my golf score with my bowling score, I might have pursued both as a leisure activity.
Guy - Best wishes for your hernia surgery.
Everybody have a great Sunday.

Willie: My sis who lives in the South Bend Indiana area (1.5-ish hours away) and close to Ft Wayne's scale of medical infrastructure, had to have some sinus clean up surgery done. She said it took about 8 weeks for her initial appointment.

I've been digging into tinnitus, refreshing what I learned many years ago. White noise, stress reduction, and pay attention to other factors seems to be the way to go.

White noise waves machine was a hit with the wife, and I managed to make it through the night until 5 am without a major wake up. By then I was ready to get up for the day. I've already turned the volume up on the white noise generator. I've got a headband on order with mini speakers built in. That will help with our travel schedule.

Next step is stopping by Costco to see about a hearing aid upgrade. Hoping I can just politely grump about the Sonota brand they sold under their Kirkland brand... all sorts of battery and charging issues being reported. Hoping I can get them to order a new set of Rexton's - they are supposed to have an app with white noise generation, and I won't have to pump it in via bluetooth from my phone/youtube. IF I can get them to order them NOW, I don't mind if I have to wait 8 weeks to get a fresh consult/hearing test. Should that come to pass as I hope, I'll cancel the ENT.

Morning All! Surgery plus 8 days. Doing most things OK. Last self-injection of blood thinners a few minutes ago. You know I never felt the poke but the medicine stings after its in. Oh well, all done anyway! Got a call from the surgeon. He says I did well, and they cleaned everything out. I went to the club last night for an op session. I had fun but it did tax me a little. My energy isn't all the way back just yet, and I'm a little impatient. I'm not allowed to lift anything heavier than a gallon of milk, and no driving for another week. Other than that, I'm feeling good. No modeling of course. I'll try and get back to the projects over on my Passenger Car Modeling thread next week.

Morning all,

Not much this morning, had to fix a gutter that leaks. Found it full of dirt at the leaking side, and it runs the wrong way. So I got it emptied and lowered the end toward the drain. Now I have to wait for it to dry to get it sealed.

Currently 71° going for a high of 90° later.

Hired the grandson to help yesterday to catch up on my chores. He mowed while I removed and replaced the bad siding on the house. Took him less time to mow than when I do it. He said it's because I'm old...LOL He did a good job.

BBL

Morning all,

Not much this morning, had to fix a gutter that leaks. Found it full of dirt at the leaking side, and it runs the wrong way. So I got it emptied and lowered the end toward the drain. Now I have to wait for it to dry to get it sealed.

Currently 71° going for a high of 90° later.

Hired the grandson to help yesterday to catch up on my chores. He mowed while I removed and replaced the bad siding on the house. Took him less time to mow than when I do it. He said it's because I'm old...LOL He did a good job.

BBL
More likely because you don't pay yourself to mow the grass, so there's no rush. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back