Running Bear's April 2024 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning, all! Quite an exciting early morning. Thunderstorms roared through around 3:30 AM. The intensity was something I haven't felt in a long time. The thunder was so deep it vibrated the entire house, one actually vibrated the bed. The entire front yard is littered with limbs, leaves, pine cones, branches from neighbors trees, and stuff yet to be identified. Up and down the street, littered with branches, limbs, and stuff. To add insult to injury today is trash day, so nearly everyone had their garbage cans set out.

STAY SAFE
LATER

Good Morning, folks!

Still tiling the shower surround in our bathroom reno. I'm the slowest, worst tiler on the planet. Maybe only three 1x2' tiles per day get laid down. In my defence, though, garden season is on us, and the wife is constantly seeking help with chores. That totally disrupts the tile session.

I need to drill a 1" hole in a tile. That required a trip down to the hardware to pick up a hole-saw.
While I was down there this morning, a train was switching cars at the local sawmill:
CN 2307_04-10-2024 (1).JPG
CN 2307_04-10-2024 (3).JPG

Those photos are only an hour old at time of posting.

Anyway, I can't hang around. Tiles are calling out my name.

Have a wonderful day!

Afternoon All,

Started out the day with animal chores then ran a couple of errands. In the train room I did some brick wall dry fitting, repainted the black interior, drilled 2 holes for exterior lights and realized I need to paint the upper interior a light green. I also made the upper floor out of wood to replace the plastic one but still need to put strip wood on the base.

Terry- Nice acquisition.

Alan- That's a shame.

Bill- Interestting motorized baggage car.

Willie- Nice looking motive power.

Old 97- I wonder how often that happens?

Guy- Nice catches.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Good evening all. A glass of apple juice, Flo.
The grandchildren are still here. I took them to a indoor play area to run of some energy. They are quiet now. :D

Earlier I had to go to Darlington to drop an item off that should have been collected from us today. We were informed it would be collected next week. NO. NO. NO. It is in the way. so I delivered it instead.

It's nice to see that two dudes can shake on a deal. Obviously the correct documents and legal stuff need to be done in the end but it's nice to see a shake to tentatively make a deal.
Thanks. My word is my bond. But the “due diligence” leaves an out and he is aware of it. He supposedly is debt and mortgage free on this 1.5 sections of land, about 900 acres MOL. I’m ok with the renting back of the crop land till he’s 62. There is enough woodlands that will make for a great hilly subdivision that can be developed as soon as the Town approves. This will be my new project for the next few years. We should be able to close this by the 1st of May. Now to sell the current project that has become a money pit!!!

I know the SIL will take a portion of a field to expand his vineyards in 5-6 years. Lots of possibilities here

Last edited:
Good Afternoon All. Still 60° here and very windy from the north, 28 mph with 35 mph gusts. That should dry things out somewhat. It was drizzling when I returned from Dallas with the male granddog; I had 0.25" in the gauge just a few minutes ago.
2 of the son’s crew reported they had sore eyes yesterday. Drunk or not, you can’t look at an eclipse without the right glasses…
I spoke with my oldest grandson just a few minutes ago. On Monday during the eclipse, most schools in Texas took the opportunity to have kids outside for a learning experience, but his high school announced in advance that they were not allowing that. Many were quite disappointed including my grandson who is really into celestial things including space travel, planets etc. So someone decided to outsmart the administration and pulled the fire alarm and all 2500 students were able to view the eclipse. Coincidence??? Everyone of them had eclipse glasses with them!!! There's an evil genius there somewhere among them and my grandson says that it wasn't him.

Good Afternoon All. Still 60° here and very windy from the north, 28 mph with 35 mph gusts. That should dry things out somewhat. It was drizzling when I returned from Dallas with the male granddog; I had 0.25" in the gauge just a few minutes ago.

I spoke with my oldest grandson just a few minutes ago. On Monday during the eclipse, most schools in Texas took the opportunity to have kids outside for a learning experience, but his high school announced in advance that they were not allowing that. Many were quite disappointed including my grandson who is really into celestial things including space travel, planets etc. So someone decided to outsmart the administration and pulled the fire alarm and all 2500 students were able to view the eclipse. Coincidence??? Everyone of them had eclipse glasses with them!!! There's an evil genius there somewhere among them and my grandson says that it wasn't him.
Where there’s a will, there’s a way!

My daughter’s school took them outside to the parking lot to view, but we had to still sign a consent form. They never left property.

Administration should be reprimanded for not allowing a viewing “lesson” for the school. That is just absurd, good for the kids they “found” a way

Can't let the coffee shop go 2 hours without a post!!

Just had to ban someone from a FB group yesterday. I'm a mod in the group, and actually, the only active mod out of two of us. The admin is off working on a masters degree. So it's me.

Everyone agrees not to post Self-Promotion "New Releases" in the group of authors. While we'll cheer on your new release, we're not the audience the other authors need. And, we have a dedicated monthly post thread for people looking for help in getting word out. We all scratch each other's backs with new releases. Just follow the rules.

And... one girl didn't head the polite warning a month ago with Post #1. She didn't heed the real FB warning from the mod (me) of this group, and I noticed she'd started racking up warnings from mods of other groups. Yes, if you mod a group, you can see when a member gets warnings.

And she posted another new release two days ago. I didn't catch it right away, and a member reported it.

Hated to do it, but she got the boot.

So, now was your day? Boot anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back