Running Bear's April 2024 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Afternoon All,

Started out the day with a walk at 58F and clear. Went outside at the appropriate time and it was a bust. Didn't see anything of note. So much for the big event. Earlier I finally finished getting the pool summerized and did a bunch of inside chores keeping me busy for the morning. Tomorrow mid-day I have a VA appointment then have to buy 25# of parrot food that will last around 2.5 months.

Old 97- Great song.

Troy- I drink light caffeine coffee in the morning and a cup of decaf in the afternoon. That is a good look for you!

David- Prayers for Dawn.

TomO- I hope your wife has fun. You're staying at home?

Willie- Nice photos.

Louis- Great group and song.

Sherel- Take care of yourself.

Hughie- Nice layout shot.

Chad- When Dad was stationed in Germany (early 70's) we were in a small town of Budigen (NE of Frankfurt) every couple of weeks we would go to a restaurant, and I always got Jagerschnitzel to eat.

I hope everyone has a good night.

We were in the path for the eclipse but clouds kept from viewing the darkness was strange. Took pics as it got darker to light and looking sw to north seeing the sun in the distance.
IMG_4465.jpg
IMG_4466.jpg
IMG_4467.jpg
IMG_4468.jpg
IMG_4469.jpg
IMG_4470.jpg
IMG_4471 (1).jpg
IMG_4472.jpg

Good Afternoon!

Not much interest in the eclipse, I'm afraid. Every astronomy event that ever happens, it's always cloudy out anyway. Besides, if I look up, a bird will be passing just at that moment. It's happened before, with a Seagull.

Troy - A 3hr eclipse movie! I don't think you needed to put out for special glasses.
Mike - Swimming in the ocean is a real fear of mine. There's always gonna be something bigger than me down there.
Sherrel - Super good luck and wishes for the new round of chemo!

Rather than waste the day with eclipses, I was trying to build a pop cooler and a pair of gas pumps. Painted the wood parts on the carrier last evening, and put them together today. Now, I'm waiting for enamel paint to dry before I handle them:
Gas_04-06-2024 (4).JPG

This is for the new HO gas station structure I'm building.
The oil tanks got an enamel base coat of 'rust'. They'll get a finish coat of acrylic, that can be rubbed off with Q-tip easily, to lend some form of weathering.

Time to walk the dog, so I gotta go. Have a great evening!

Went to my LHS for some decoders for the Pacific Electric project. Look what I found. Take that you Bloody Nose haters! HAH! 🤣🤣. I got a good deal. DCC ready and I had a Lok Pilot decoder that needed a home. It’ll get weathered up and run with my Black Widow unit.

Attachments

• IMG_5099.jpeg
    IMG_5099.jpeg
    299 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Not much interest in the eclipse, I'm afraid. Every astronomy event that ever happens, it's always cloudy out anyway. Besides, if I look up, a bird will be passing just at that moment. It's happened before, with a Seagull.
You didn't miss anything except an ordinary eclipse. Nothing spectacular, except we got to see the "Dark Side of the Moon" facing us!
I never could get the phone camera or the regular camera to work taking a picture, not that it really mattered. It went completely dark here for maybe 20 seconds. The predicted clouds never showed up, I think that Hughie trapped them down south in H-town. It was significant in that the last one here was in 1878 and the next one will be in 2317, not much of a chance I will see that one.

Leave it to the British Tax Collectors bureaucracy

I've applied for a permit to collect and remit VAT tax to HRM. They requested more forms. I emailed in said forms. Figuring that was best for all, since there is a rather large pond between here and there slowing the post down.

About 6 weeks later, I get this via slow carrier email pigeon:

Screenshot 2024-04-09 at 5.41.39 AM.png

--------------
So I have to send them an email or carrier pigeon stating it's OK to send me emails, or use a drop box.
I seem to remember a line from the Hitchhikers Guide to The Galaxy where Authur dent sees a queue of people standing in line for a bureaucrat to get a form to fill out a form... and saying something like "I'm British, we're professionals at this..." or such..

FLO: I need more coffee if I have to deal with British Bureaucracy shenanigans.
And a donut.
Maybe two.

Last edited:
An early Good Morning All. The thunderstorms finally hit last night just before midnight. Then at 0123, a bright flash, a very loud boom and our power went out. I've been up ever since; no ceiling fan in the bedroom. I called the power company around 0200 and they were out front making repairs by 0420, and our power returned about 10 minutes later. Lighting struck our transformer/pole as we were the only ones in the immediate area in darkness. I'm going back to bed right now, since we have a primary care doctor visit later this morning and I need to be rested!

Leave it to the British Tax Collectors bureaucracy

I've applied for a permit to collect and remit VAT tax to HRM. They requested more forms. I emailed in said forms. Figuring that was best for all, since there is a rather large pond between here and there slowing the post down.

About 6 weeks later, I get this via slow carrier email pigeon:

View attachment 185711

--------------
So I have to send them an email or carrier pigeon stating it's OK to send me emails, or use a drop box.
I seem to remember a line from the Hitchhikers Guide to The Galaxy where Authur dent sees a queue of people standing in line for a bureaucrat to get a form to fill out a form... and saying something like "I'm British, we're professionals at this..." or such..

FLO: I need more coffee if I have to deal with British Bureaucracy shenanigans.
And a donut.
Maybe two.
Yes they really are anally challenged …sighs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back