Running Bear's April 2024 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: earthquakes. The large earthquake we had here in Utah was March 2020 and it was 5.7.

We regularly get small ones (2-3) but the larger ones are not often. This 5.7 was kind of scary as the ground wobbled for several seconds and it was sudden and "confusing" as we'd not have one in a long long wile and I don't know if I'd been in one on the 5+ scale. As I think I mentioned at my house nothing fell or got broken though the house got a good shake. Up in Salt Lake, about 10 miles away, some buildings had thigs fall off their walls or roofs etc.

My sife's family in Japan feel them now and then and it sounds scary to me. Never had one while we've been in Japan.

The siding crew is here today to re-side the house. We took a bunch of damage from the hailstorm a couple of years back. It's taken this long to get it done because so many homes got trashed. That's the good news. The bad news: I get to listen to hammering all day! 🤪

RE: earthquakes. The large earthquake we had here in Utah was March 2020 and it was 5.7.

We regularly get small ones (2-3) but the larger ones are not often. This 5.7 was kind of scary as the ground wobbled for several seconds and it was sudden and "confusing" as we'd not have one in a long long wile and I don't know if I'd been in one on the 5+ scale. As I think I mentioned at my house nothing fell or got broken though the house got a good shake. Up in Salt Lake, about 10 miles away, some buildings had thigs fall off their walls or roofs etc.

My sife's family in Japan feel them now and then and it sounds scary to me. Never had one while we've been in Japan.
I was in the last big one in San Francisco. Interesting experience. 7.0 or 7.1. Having the ground move out from under your feet is most disconcerting. It's not supposed to happen. :) We had to rent a car and drive to Sacramento to get out. I remember how difficult it was to navigate the hotel in the dark. A couple of guys had a duffel bag full of these little kids toys that were antennae lights you put on your head. Ten bucks each for something that probably cost a buck forty-nine. They must have made a ton!

You don't know? Neither do I. 🤣

According to the recipe : Cooked chicken breast in a schnitzel sauce in a burger bun plus fries salad side.

Whatever, it was enjoyed by Dawn and I.

Tonight I will cook a traditional English Turkey Dinner.

And what is "Schnitzel sauce". We have chicken patty burgers/sandwiches but Schnitzel is German and comes in various styles (traditional, Jäger, etc)

Anyway, glad it was good.

Good morning, all! A very warm and humid day, muggy that's the word. Dense cloud cover, no eclipse will be seen here. Guess I'll check on TV or maybe live stream from NASA.
From the archives,
1712592010382.jpeg

STAY SAFE
LATER

Good afternoon All!!!
Late start today.
Slept through my alarms.
Bill, I never knew the Lake Erie and Western Railroad was a thing.
Prayers and positive vibes to all in need. Myself included.
Flo, can I please get rye toast with jam?
What flavor Jam? Surprise me.
A large coffee too please.
3 shots of Irish cream and your lipstick on the rim. o_O 😊 🤣

Mike - I fully understand the feeling of waking up at home in one's own bed, but 17 hours straight through might have been a little too much for me even in my younger days with my wife splitting the driving! BTW Did you ever get a chance to get into the chilly Gulf waters?
Yes, My daughter and I got in and swam at Crab Island. The Gulf water temps weren't that bad. It was coming out of the water to get back on the boat was the killer. It was windy that day.

It normally takes us around 14 hours with stops, but the traffic around Birmingham, and Nashville were really congested. We burned up a lot of time in stop and go. My wife and I took turns, driving so it wasn't all that terrible.

Looks like Mother Nature fooled the weather persons in our area, it's still clear out there right now for eclipse viewing. It started about 30 minutes ago. I have attempted to take a picture with the cell through the eclipse glasses when darn, the battery died! On the charger now and we'll see soon whether I can be successful.

Good afternoon All!!!
Late start today.
Slept through my alarms.
Bill, I never knew the Lake Erie and Western Railroad was a thing.
Prayers and positive vibes to all in need. Myself included.
Flo, can I please get rye toast with jam?
What flavor Jam? Surprise me.
A large coffee too please.
3 shots of Irish cream and your lipstick on the rim. o_O 😊 🤣
The LE&W was, indeed, a "thing". It merged with the NKP in the late 1920s and added considerable mileage. :cool:

Last edited:
Looks like Mother Nature fooled the weather persons in our area, it's still clear out there right now for eclipse viewing. It started about 30 minutes ago. I have attempted to take a picture with the cell through the eclipse glasses when darn, the battery died! On the charger now and we'll see soon whether I can be successful.
Put the charger on an extension lead and take it outside do not burn your eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back