Running Bear's April 2024 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning all!!
Love those FP7's Bill!!
Things are running smooth Bob!
Prayers and positive vibes for those in need. Myself included.
I made mention of this earlier, Famed Youtuber Hobo Shoestring has passed from this world.
Anybody interested in the hobo lifestyle should probably look up his channel before it disappears.
American ARMY Veteran, he seemed to be living his best life these past years.
Was fond of calling out "Here kitty kitty!" when entering tunnels on a freight car. 🤣
Okay Flo, in honor of Shoestring, could I please get the "Ham Slam Hobo Special"?
It's number 36 on the breakfast specials.
Ham steak from a can, 4 cackleberries beaten by a 'Bo-chaser, 4 silver dollars, graveyard and two black straps.
Whaddya mean you don't know what they are?
Looks like some of it is railroad slang. :)
The "Hasher" will know.
I'll be in the corner booth.o_O:):cool:

OK - They haven't killed me yet, but seems that they keep trying? Wound up in the ER after my session on Thursday due to an unexpected drop in blood pressure - got a ride in an ambulance for all of 300 feet? They could't wheel me down the sidewalk as a tunnel was not finished between the two buildings. Long story short, I spent 5 hours (going nuts) while they poked and prodded before being released.
Starting today at 40 degrees - looking for a high of 62 with partly sunny.
Yesterday's trip to Ontario was fraught with all sorts o things. First off was rain showers everywhere plus actual snow - and cold - I had to dig out a heavy jacket as it never warmed up past 52 during the day. On the way back home we were trapped by an accident pileup. Even though the accident was on the opposite side of the Freeway - looky loos - were all just crawling and the backup was 6 miles long!
I have 5 more days of radiation this coming week and then start Chemo again the following week.
If I understand correctly - after another week of Chemo (maybe two) then they will wait a couple months to see - with a MRI or Catscan to see if they are doing good - or not.
They are only showing my schedule appointments yntil the 16th.

What was that? - A 4.8 earthquake. HA - we get those on a regular basis. Oh well ... it gets the news people all excited and the powers that be get to pound their chest and tell all the peons how they are protecting them.
Makes for good "copy" ?

OK - They haven't killed me yet, but seems that they keep trying? Wound up in the ER after my session on Thursday due to an unexpected drop in blood pressure - got a ride in an ambulance for all of 300 feet? They could't wheel me down the sidewalk as a tunnel was not finished between the two buildings. Long story short, I spent 5 hours (going nuts) while they poked and prodded before being released.
Yesterday's trip to Ontario was fraught with all sorts o things. First off was rain showers everywhere plus actual snow - and cold - I had to dig out a heavy jacket as it never warmed up past 52 during the day. On the way back home we were trapped by an accident pileup. Even though the accident was on the opposite side of the Freeway - looky loos - were all just crawling and the backup was 6 miles long!
I have 5 more days of radiation this coming week and then start Chemo again the following week.
If I understand correctly - after another week of Chemo (maybe two) then they will wait a couple months to see - with a MRI or Catscan to see if they are doing good - or not.

What was that? - A 4.8 earthquake. HA - we get those on a regular basis. Oh well ... it gets the news people all excited and the powers that be get to pound their chest and tell all the peons how they are protecting them.
Makes for good "copy" ?
Sounds like they may be trying to kill you, but you are just too tuff for them! Keep up the good fight my friend, and we'll keep the prayers, positive thoughts and good vibes coming your way!

Morning folks

34, clouds, and a snow forecast. I went out early and fired up the Bobcat Toolcat 5600 and loaded a couple of piles of "landscape debris" I had piled on the lawn yesterday. It is now in a "getting to big" slash pile. I wanted that off the lawn before it got snowed down.

Positive thoughts George!

Four point something quakes hardly classify as quakes. The largest one I have experienced was the 7.2 Hebgen quake in 1959. That was something you weren't going to sleep through here and almost threw me out of the upper bunk bed even though the epicenter was a 100 miles south. All my plastic plane models made their one time initial flights. Amazingly, no derailed rolling stock on the layout.

I don't loose much sleep pondering quake potential even though the main front fault on the Bridger Range runs only couple hundred feet east of our house and is clearly discernable if you know what you are looking at. That said, I did build the house so I have little doubt it will still be standing if that fault decides to awaken. No doubt it will be ruined but it will not be piled on top of us. From a geological perspective, that would be interesting to see occur, but so would a Yellowstone eruption.

Good evening all. Let me see. Yes. A double Pusser's Rum no ice please, Flo.

Earthquakes. Never been near one.
Volcano Eruption. Walked on the ash after one. Mount Etna, Sicily. It erupted in March 2017. I was there that April.
Hurricane. Only once. Crossing the Atlantic in April 2002 on QE2. The Atlantic Ocean was a millpond the day after.

Sherrel Sending positive thoughts. You cannot afford any negative ones.

Tonight's dinner, according to the recipe, is American style chicken schnitzel sando.
It looks rather complicated, so I had better get started.

IMG_5152.png

Afternoon All,

Started out the day with a walk at 57F and clear. I had a HOA meeting this morning then after lunch I puttered around the train room for about an hour. Our stove went out last night (pretty old) so wife bought a new one (duplicate of current stove) which is supposed to be delivered tomorrow. Tuesday, I have a VA primary care appointment.

Bill- Nice photo.

TomO- I hope you have a good time with your friend.

Guy- Good luck with the surgery.

Willie- Great looking diesels. I like the long hood best.

I hope everyone has a good night.

There is a general up tick in reported Wisconsin Covid cases per the Wisconsin news site I go to. But, within my operating group of 21 layouts there is a huge increase. While they stress before you come, if you don’t feel good take a test, don’t pass it on. The newsletter weekly lets the Crew know about a Covid report. There are lots of Covid deniers in the overall group. But it’s hard to place blame on anyone as it could be anyone. One of my friends is part of the admin team and they have narrowed the maybe “carriers” down to 4 guys, but they are just guessing. I test before I go and that’s good enough for me. I have the booster shots, flu shots, and anything else recommended for a 71 year old diabetic. Most of the guys and gals have younger grandkids, the kids maybe getting it from school. Plus, just because you have the shots and boosters, while you may test negative it’s possible to be a carrier. Wuhan, really did a number on the World
That earthquake was an interesting experience. Wife and I were sitting at the kitchen table, preparing to run a few errands. We felt this "rumble" running SE to NW, and the sound of appliances shaking. About half way through I finally realized what it was and said Earthquake! Shortly after that it was done. No damage, no harm, and not really scary, just weird.

Strange thing was the epicenter, was to our North West, but the rumble felt like it was going toward the North West. Those things are strange.
Hey, Last Spring we had Tornadoes, this Spring Earthquakes...this is Jersey, we don't get either of those events on a normal basis...we get NorEasters.
Glad your ok

Makes for good "copy" ?
Oh man that is not good, stress is not your best friend, at least after the immediate chemo you get a break and prayers that the tests fall in your favour. As mentioned before try to eat well, so your body has the goodies to cope. chin up, can’t emphasis the positivity of having treats to look forward to the more positive you stay the better it is for you. Big hug.

IMG_2723.jpeg

No longer with us but much loved
A total pussycat just do not upset her mum
IMG_2722.jpeg
IMG_7774.jpeg

We’d used keep this lit ALL the time I’ll monitor the situation and warn you if your slacking

To my mind a pet you can love and who can love you unconditionally - well ok cupboard love because you feed them is allowed, gives great comfort and reduces stress, keeps you going when you can’t be bothered for yourself because they need being looked after, small or large, be it dog, cat anything that can be cuddled and will willing steal your warm seat or better still share it, is good for our health.
at the moment I have a chicken attacked by a fox with a bite mark on her back waiting for the skin to heal and the feathers to renew so the other chickens do not eat her if they find blood, I suspect said chicken spoilt with spagetti chicken blend and collected slugs and crawly critters now calls to be fed is happy in a rabbit hutch and once put back with the other chickens and likely bottom of the pecking order will probably escape asap and turn up at the rabbit hutch wanting reinstatement….lI want slugs and I want them now. Just do not bend too close, she actually mumble encouraging noises while I check under the potato pots, and bounces about when she sees me approaching with my hand shut…..yep spoilt

Good evening gang!

Jaz, lovely pup there, and I'm sure she will be missed. There isn't a day that I don't miss my old dog Bud.

Tragic news from a friend of mine. Lightning struck near his house the past week. The house is ok but his NCE command station and 3 of his 5 boosters are out of commission, along with a stereo amp and the PC that handles the route dispatching. We were slated for a run session later this month, that is cancelled for now. The fried parts are on their way back to NCE for repair, but it may be some time before operations resume. :(

Dinner Bell rang, BBL

View attachment 185588
No longer with us but much loved
A total pussycat just do not upset her mum
View attachment 185589View attachment 185590

We’d used keep this lit ALL the time I’ll monitor the situation and warn you if your slacking

To my mind a pet you can love and who can love you unconditionally - well ok cupboard love because you feed them is allowed, gives great comfort and reduces stress, keeps you going when you can’t be bothered for yourself because they need being looked after, small or large, be it dog, cat anything that can be cuddled and will willing steal your warm seat or better still share it, is good for our health.
at the moment I have a chicken attacked by a fox with a bite mark on her back waiting for the skin to heal and the feathers to renew so the other chickens do not eat her if they find blood, I suspect said chicken spoilt with spagetti chicken blend and collected slugs and crawly critters now calls to be fed is happy in a rabbit hutch and once put back with the other chickens and likely bottom of the pecking order will probably escape asap and turn up at the rabbit hutch wanting reinstatement….lI want slugs and I want them now. Just do not bend too close, she actually mumble encouraging noises while I check under the potato pots, and bounces about when she sees me approaching with my hand shut…..yep spoilt
Canines are for sure good therapy for many ills, at least most of them. I miss every one of my late canines. As with people, some are a better match than others. These were the two best ones I've had.
52071426729_8dc7ddcd7d_b.jpg

53636464774_c7935f40ef_b.jpg

What was that? - A 4.8 earthquake. HA - we get those on a regular basis. Oh well ...
Yo: WTF? We ain't supposed to get these things, eh?

Seriously, the last one, in 2011 was a rock and roll, Epicenter in Harrisonburg, VA in Appalachian Virginia. This one was a noisy rumble, sounded more like a C-17 coming over LOW! Didn't realize it was a quake until half way through, when things started rattling. By then it was almost over. Epicenter was around Reddington in Appalachian New Jersey.... According to the media we have had numerous aftershocks, but I haven't noticed any of those...
It was humorous how the New York City media went into disaster coverage speculation mode, and claimed the event occurred in New York City....
They did video at a house in West Chester where the sum of the damage was a few pictures fell off the wall....The only photo of note was a cordoned off building in Hunderdon County, an old Mill,dating back to the mid 1700s, already in ruins, where a row of stone fell to the sidewalk path. The Roof was long gone, as was the mortar between the stones...
No Harm, No Foul. No Story, just a lot of concern from people who are skittish about almost everything.

I did not notice last weeks earthquake, even though several people in our area did. The ground in our shop regularly vibrates form Corvettes and Camaros rumbling, so it is easy to miss during the work day. Last one I remember the epicenter was nears Gaithersburg MD back on 2008 or 2009. I had just woken up and was enjoying a coffee on the back patio when I heard a rumble and witness what looked to be a wave coming at me beneath the hayfield behind the old house at the farm. It passed beneath me and I watched it cross the front yard, the road and the neighbors field. Weirdest thing I have ever seen!

Here is a pick of my latest little project. I had 3 of the old cast metal Walthers signals to assemble, I replaced the bulbs with LED's and replaced the solid masts with hollow brass tubes. 3 wires power the signals and the brass tube provides the ground circuit. Now I just need another 12-15 signals!
3 signals.jpg

Tomorrow gang!

It's a good evening. Supposed to warm up dramatically tomorrow!

Jaz - Sorry to hear the Doberman is no longer with you. I did notice the decor in the photograph, and I just wanted to let you know that I also have the clock.
Clock_04-06-2024.JPG

No, I didn't make a midnight sneak into you're home. Mine was left to me by my Granny.

Today I gave the station loading dock a Grn/Brn wash and glued it in it's place on the layout.
I also tried to weather the station a-bit, with powders. Not pleasant success in that field, but, I tried. - Got frustrated, so I just started playing with a train and toy cars:
3rdClass_04-06-2024 (3).JPG

Anyway, it's days end; so time to sleep and dream.
Have a wonderful evening.

I did not notice last weeks earthquake, even though several people in our area did. The ground in our shop regularly vibrates form Corvettes and Camaros rumbling, so it is easy to miss during the work day. Last one I remember the epicenter was nears Gaithersburg MD back on 2008 or 2009. I had just woken up and was enjoying a coffee on the back patio when I heard a rumble and witness what looked to be a wave coming at me beneath the hayfield behind the old house at the farm. It passed beneath me and I watched it cross the front yard, the road and the neighbors field. Weirdest thing I have ever seen!

Here is a pick of my latest little project. I had 3 of the old cast metal Walthers signals to assemble, I replaced the bulbs with LED's and replaced the solid masts with hollow brass tubes. 3 wires power the signals and the brass tube provides the ground circuit. Now I just need another 12-15 signals!
View attachment 185596

Tomorrow gang!
You could cheat a bit tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back