Running Bear's April 2024 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all the different styles of hearing aids available, any thoughts on any types to stay away from?
No thoughts on what to stay away from, but I got mine at Sam's Club. Mine are more expensive than Troy's at $3300; and they are battery operated at a cost of about 50¢ a week. I did not purchase the less expensive models because I need them for tinnitus masking as well as sound amplification. I think that I have a five year warranty as well. Additionally, mine have a Bluetooth-type phone app that channels my cell phone directly to the hearing aids, as well as being able to control the sound level and the four background noise filters from the phone. Another part of the app allows me to adjust treble and bass settings for listening to music.

Did you try to boot verbose? Shows you all the boot messages and stuff instead of just the gray screen and logo? You can often get good intel on what is the problem when you boot it verbose (and try to log in). Or boot single user mode?
No clue how to do that.
We finally got the OS to load. Since I've already purchased new MacBook, wife will use this one for some financial stuff. More research stock trends and such where she needs a screen larger than her iPad."

If it starts acting up, the trade-in value at BBuy is about $350 to $400. We'll wipe it's hard drive and swap it for a new Macbook Air.

No clue how to do that.
We finally got the OS to load. Since I've already purchased new MacBook, wife will use this one for some financial stuff. More research stock trends and such where she needs a screen larger than her iPad."

If it starts acting up, the trade-in value at BBuy is about $350 to $400. We'll wipe it's hard drive and swap it for a new Macbook Air.

We went on our sunset dolphin cruise last night. It was pretty good weather despite a few rain drops at the beginning.

We ended up seeing quite a few. Here ares some photos:

IMG_1119.jpeg
IMG_1112.jpeg
IMG_1114.jpeg

These birds were following the boat for a while. They gave us crackers to hold up and they would take them from your hand

IMG_1093.jpeg
IMG_1094.jpeg

Evening, I see the coffee pours faster and Mel is back to slow cooking. Thanks Bob. Now can you work on Mel the orders are backed up.😇
No snow here yet.... It going to depend on the temp. Into the 60's next week, hopefully we can pull the plows off a couple of trucks.

Good morning!
FAMILY GUY_DOG.png

1712220796313.png

Erie Tower - Kankakee, Indiana (date unknown)
This tower may be a block station and not an interlocking tower. The tower is supposedly at Kankakee, which may be the same as Lomax, Indiana, at any rate it is close to the Kankakee River.
Postcard supplied by the Starke County Historical Society/Hoosier Valley Railroad Museum.

Last edited:
Well howdy there internet peeps and those flying on the interwebs

It's troy again.

I know you're all reading really fast now, but you might want to slow down for this one.

Lock Picking Lawyer put out a GREAT tool-punning video on April 1. Seemingly innocuous, it rises to the occasion with some salty-shenanigans.

It's double-entendres are hard to pass by, but be sure you're not sipping coffee while you watch. You might ... well... the puns write themselves...

Enjoy. Stick around to the end. More Puns and innuendo all the way through.

Good morning, everyone!

On today's agenda is another boat ride. We are going to crab island. We wanted to get there to check it out last time we were here and ran out of time. Supposed to be pretty cool. We shall see. We are leaving early Saturday morning so today is our window of opportunity.

Don't know about everyone else, but the forum is running pretty slick for me the last couple of days.

Everyone have a safe day!

Good morning gang!

38° and clear,, heading to a high of 51°. I suspect the temperature rise will be due to this large orange thing in the sky today. Not sure what it is, but I hear that ancient peoples used to worship it, as do some bikini clad ladies do to this day.

Troy, that was hilarious!

BBL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back