Running Bear's April 2024 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Afternoon All,

Started out the day with a couple of small chores then headed to the train room. I finished the tower today and tomorrow I'll do some light weathering then take photos. Nothing else to mention today.

Chad- Good call.

Guy- Congrats on the new GP9.

Mike- Yep, it's a great feeling to be mortgage free. That's a oopsie in the video.

Bill- Interesting photo.

Troy- I hope you can get some relief.

Willie- Nice looking structures.

I hope everyone has a good night.

For the golfers in the group. I bought 1 dozen Titleist's ProV1X & 1 dozen Bridgestone RXS golf balls yesterday. I played with the ProV1X the first nine and the Bridgestone the second. The ProV1X is the hardest Titleist ball and will go the farthest weather you swing speed is 105 or 85. It's a very hard ball. I found the Bridgestone RXS that's geared for an 85 MPH swing speed will go just as far but is a much softer ball. When your all most 80 years old your swing speed is more around 75 or 85 MPH. Now I have 12 new Titleist's to sell or give to one of my friends.
Swal
SWAL, your playing, you walk instead of ride and r having fun! That’s all that counts.

I am 71 years old and swing speed last week was 96 to102, down from 109 last year. The guy who was fitting me with golf balls last week suggested the Titleist ProV1 and I will check if it’s the X ball.

Remember in the good old days it was 80, 90 and 100 compression golf balls and you decided, no computers to make the decision for you! That 100 compression Black Titleist ball would be smiling at you if you hit it just a shade off center

SWAL, your playing, you walk instead of ride and r having fun! That’s all that counts.
Tom I walked until I was 65. My old club Harlem Valley Golf Course allowed the members to put their own cart on, so I bought a 95 Yamaha that blew up a few years back. Dogwood's membership is only $1,550.00 cart included so I go with that now. We play about 5 times a week. 20 to get in. 5 of the 20 goes to low score with handicap (3 places). 10 goes to skins with handicap, 4 goes the greenie. (if you have all the greens with 10 people you get 40, greens are carried over),1 goes to low putts. I out drive most of the people I play with, and they get mad about it. I'm only 160 pounds. Most of the people I play with are at least 10 years younger and 50 pounds heavier. I hit a lot of par 3 greens. We also play exacta's. You put up 10 then you pick what 2 players will win and place. It amounts to about a 100 ever time we play.
Swal

Lower back is jacked. Muscle on the left side.

I did 45 minutes of ice, then went to lunch with the wife. Came back and started heat. Should have stuck with the ice. Back to the ice now. 20-30 minute on, then same off. Sitting is fine. Laying takes a bit to get to, but is fine. It's the in-between stages that hurt.

As for the hearing aids, it's mostly getting used to the new app, compared to figuring out the aids. the new app locks into whatever mode, including streaming a podcast or music from the phone. Old app for the other brand, would realize when I stopped the streaming, and switch back to standard listen mode. These don't. They stay in streaming. So, pause the music, keep phone up, swap aps, wait on the H-aids to get recognized by the app, switch modes, finally get to look around and see who's talking to me.

I'll be looking at the websites, and forums to see if there are answers online.

Stormy evening all,

Currently tornadoes training along a front to our southeast moving to the northeast. We may have some additional storm possibilities into the overnight hours. We have 5 dogs and a rabbit in crates in the basement in case the kids need to come for shelter in a hurry. So far only about an inch of rain.

Got the trim finished, but not cut as we've been busy trying to get stuff ready in case of the kids needing to be here. Did get the grandson to mow before the rain started. His mom insists he can do it for free, but he is 14 and wants a job, but is at the age no one would hire him.

Post again tomorrow.

Currently tornadoes training along a front to our southeast moving to the northeast. We may have some additional storm possibilities into the overnight hours. We have 5 dogs and a rabbit in crates in the basement in case the kids need to come for shelter in a hurry. So far only about an inch of rain.
Yep! These are the tornadoes that I referred to in this mornings post. Stay safe. But if they are already SE of you, they most likely won't back up.

Tom I walked until I was 65. My old club Harlem Valley Golf Course allowed the members to put their own cart on, so I bought a 95 Yamaha that blew up a few years back. Dogwood's membership is only $1,550.00 cart included so I go with that now. We play about 5 times a week. 20 to get in. 5 of the 20 goes to low score with handicap (3 places). 10 goes to skins with handicap, 4 goes the greenie. (if you have all the greens with 10 people you get 40, greens are carried over),1 goes to low putts. I out drive most of the people I play with, and they get mad about it. I'm only 160 pounds. Most of the people I play with are at least 10 years younger and 50 pounds heavier. I hit a lot of par 3 greens. We also play exacta's. You put up 10 then you pick what 2 players will win and place. It amounts to about a 100 ever time we play.
Swal
Love the games we play while we golf.

I am allowed to put up money for skin games and anything that is not a direct bet with any individual only team stuff! Used to get carried away with the individual stuff so to be able to play I abide by the agreement with Terry. There are at least 3 others in our group that have similar spousal/SO rules to allow them to play.

So many of the courses insist on the golf carts but we were playing a few that were walk only and some of the guys started skipping them. I still prefer to walk but some of these courses have more space between holes it’s ridiculous.

Last edited:
Good evening from intermission of a lousy hockey game (Boston still sucks beating the Maple Leaf). I am not twisting armatures tonight.

At 5:50pm I went to heat up the grill for my steak and the rain arrived, 3 hours late but it arrived right after I uncovered the grill. It hasn’t stopped raining since and per one of our weather reporting stations since 6pm or 3 hours we have 3.23” and it’s still pouring!

Radar a few minutes ago
IMG_5429.png

Predictive radar in a another hour
IMG_5430.png

I’m the blue dot just southwest of Madison. Fun stuff, NOT!

Good evening gang!

Lawn mowing and gardening was a bust today due to rain, and in fact the dismal day was only good for napping. Tomorrow's forecast is sunny and 80°.

Went into the big city tonight to have dinner at my sister's place. She's been there 3 years and this is the 1st time I have been to her new place. HUGE 4 bedroom garage townhouse with 10 ft ceilings and an elevator! Way too much for 2 people but hey, she likes it. This is her idea of downsizing since the 2 kids are gone. (yeah, her old house was twice this size) Sadly BIL has Parkinson's and Alzheimer's, but he does still have his sense of humor.

Being a diesel mechanic for 30 years, I used to love doing the dishes as well. It cleaned up the ground in grease really well.
I am the dishwasher here for very much the same reason. Dawn not only gets the dishes clean, but also my hands after being in the shop at work or the garage at home. Who needs a machine that is gonna break down someday?

TomO, Patrick and anyone else in the storms path, be careful, be safe.

Nikons4500 006.JPG

Drat again! Bill beat me in by 8 min.

I mean, if I'm waking at 4 am, I might as well try to be first in the door. ;)

Slept OK. the sound pillow is helping with the tinnitus. The ringing is still there, but the white noise helps me not focus on it, which makes it less prevalent.

Back is meh. I pull a muscle about once a year. And I always forget to ice longer than I want to. Today is heating pad day. Heading to the game store later to run demos on a new game. Already secured help to cart stuff in and out. I can walk and sit just fine. I need to avoid bending or twisting.

I'm surprised it took an entire week for the back to go after helping with the daughter's floor last week. That probably "tenderized" the back, and it was just waiting on a stray twist or bend to pop.

Anyway, here are some finished tanks for today's demo.

Screenshot 2024-04-27 at 12.20.35 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-04-27 at 12.20.20 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-04-27 at 12.20.09 PM.png

All are 3D resin prints, in 1:56 scale

Good morning. It's clear and 65.
I got spoiled living in apartments and houses with dishwashers, so when I moved into this trailer, I bought one to use. It's a countertop model, so if I ever find an apartment or house I can afford without a second job, I can take it with me.

Drat again! Bill beat me in by 8 min.

I mean, if I'm waking at 4 am, I might as well try to be first in the door. ;)

Slept OK. the sound pillow is helping with the tinnitus. The ringing is still there, but the white noise helps me not focus on it, which makes it less prevalent.

Back is meh. I pull a muscle about once a year. And I always forget to ice longer than I want to. Today is heating pad day. Heading to the game store later to run demos on a new game. Already secured help to cart stuff in and out. I can walk and sit just fine. I need to avoid bending or twisting.

I'm surprised it took an entire week for the back to go after helping with the daughter's floor last week. That probably "tenderized" the back, and it was just waiting on a stray twist or bend to pop.

Anyway, here are some finished tanks for today's demo.

View attachment 186653
View attachment 186654
View attachment 186655

All are 3D resin prints, in 1:56 scale
The more I see the stuff of Military modelers it makes think that another hobby wouldn’t be too bad. Nicely done Troy

Good morning from the Cave in So. Central Wisconsin. Because of the weather event threats last night I slept in the cave in my chair. It’s a safe part of the house and I didn’t want to worry. I slept great, midnight to 6am!

Today will be wet on and off till around noon. Then per the WeatherChannel app it will rain non stop till midnight with periods of heavy rain. The grandson has an outdoor soccer game at 3. I do hope it’s raining hard enough to cancel the game, I am in no mood for soccer.

Terry texted a few minutes ago that the friend’s condo on Lake Geneva is fine. The storms rolled through there most of the evening but nothing after 11pm. Watching the lightning over the lake she said brought back memories to when we lived on Lake DuBay in North Central Wisconsin, shock and awe!

The high today will be about 51 or 27 degrees cooler than yesterday

I’m going to grab a ATV and see how the property survived, I’m sure we have trees down (at least branches) on the horse trails. Yesterday’s storm seemed much more violent than the last one about 10 days ago

Enjoy the day

I just suffered an interesting experience on Fecesbook. I received an unsolicited message from "Facebook Marketplace Assistant" sending me links to stuff that sellers are promoting that I may be interested in. After doing some checking, it is another Meta product trying to make money off the fees they charge for sponsoring ads.
After some experimenting around, I was able to block it--until they figure out a way to unblock themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back