Running Bear's April 2023 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I am just weird, but I like to dip my fries in Chinese Mustard - the hot kind!

You are weird, but I like that Chinese Mustard too! ;)

71a9yMn7cWL._SL1500_.jpg

It will wake up your taste buds, clear your sinuses, and maybe make your eyes water, but it's gooood!

Who do you think was the loudest band you saw?
Toss-up between Deep Purple and Neil Young with Crazy Horse. Followed closely by The Who (indoors). There was a local band called Bloodrock that used Jimi Hendrix's equipment (plus some of their own) at a concert in I believe 1970 that was also especially loud.
The best concert that I ever saw, which was somewhat loud was The Allman Brothers Band, with all of the original members at a small auditorium about three weeks before they recorded their Live at The Fillmore album in 1971. They played for over 3 1/2 hours.

Last edited:
Maybe they have changed their tactics through the years.

I just remember signing up for the porters account as I was mildly interested in some of the grain hoppers coming out.

I received a couple of calls from them pressuring to buy.
That why I signed up, for the grain hoppers. Anytime I need anything CP or CN that I can’t find in the USA I go there. They are my place of last resort.

The yellow TBOX Walthers Mainline box cars I have been weathering, they have in stock. They are however $6.00 more per car than I was paying anywhere else. But they have them…

Loudest Band I heard was ACDC. Best live band I ever saw was Pink Floyd.
Yeah! ACDC was pretty loud, but I was near the rear of the arena so the effect was a bit muted. Pink Floyd: Me and a buddy had tickets to see them in 1970, but the night before their show in Dallas, their equipment truck was stolen in New Orleans, and the show in Dallas was cancelled. Grand Funk Railroad was subbed in as the headliner, but we asked for and got a refund. Ironically, weeks later, the truck and almost all of the equipment was miraculously returned after PF's management made a sizable contribution to the New Orleans Policeman's Benevolent Union!
This was a couple of months after The Grateful Dead was busted (down on Bourbon Street) in their hotel in New Orleans, just a few weeks after Jefferson Airplane were also busted there. Bands pretty much boycotted the city for many years afterward.

Well fellers I suppose another weekend is about to be in the books. Ran some trains today. Actually got to do an ops session. Actually went off without a hitch. Pretty good considering I haven't switched the mine in quite some time. I picked up what I thought was a single bridge kit. To my surprise it was two kits in one. Picked it up for the low price of $2.00 at the lhs.
IMG_20230416_121407461.jpg
Been combing through some of my books as well. I've been reading through this one pretty hard.
IMG_20230416_120918483.jpg
Lemme tell you. Had I had this book before my last build. I would have built this one. It fits a little t of the things I like in regards to scenery. Also some good walk throughs on building the scenery. Things I'd never think of. I actually have another book with this layout in it as well with changes.
IMG_20230416_120318247.jpg
Some good reads for sure. Especially for a beginner. I know there's not much love for a sacred sheet but for simplicity of building benchwork it works. Now anything else is debatable. That's all I have for now. Hope everyone has a good night. I'll stop by again when I get a chance.

Yeah! ACDC was pretty loud, but I was near the rear of the arena so the effect was a bit muted. Pink Floyd: Me and a buddy had tickets to see them in 1970, but the night before their show in Dallas, their equipment truck was stolen in New Orleans, and the show in Dallas was cancelled. Grand Funk Railroad was subbed in as the headliner, but we asked for and got a refund. Ironically, weeks later, the truck and almost all of the equipment was miraculously returned after PF's management made a sizable contribution to the New Orleans Policeman's Benevolent Union!
This was a couple of months after The Grateful Dead was busted (down on Bourbon Street) in their hotel in New Orleans, just a few weeks after Jefferson Airplane were also busted there. Bands pretty much boycotted the city for many years afterward.
So did you ever get to see Floyd at another time? I would have been so bummed! I missed the opportunity to see them in Chicago. It was Momentary Lapse of Reason, so Roger Waters wouldn't have been with them. I'm still kicking myself for not going!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back