Running Bear's April 2023 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm off for the day. I'd rather think of things like this :)
1681587552464.png

Unfortunately SWMBO knows where I sleep!!! LOL I'm not too worried about Big Brother...And the closet has a first coat.

Sherrel: If we weren't doing a complete color change, I wouldn't bother either, but yes she is thinking ahead. When it does come time to leave, it at least matches.
I have to say I really admire you, we joined about the same time, but you are always working hard, helping family solving problems, you’ll need a serious project when you do retire, good thing your into train modelling.

Thank you for asking. I wish I had some good news.
Depression has settled in over them both. Willy is waiting for a second surgery so that he can be fitted with a prosthetic. The problem is he refuses to get out of bed. He won't sit in the wheelchair or even sit up in bed. The medical people won't/can't help him if he won't try to help himself.
He has not broken the phone, which is something good. He is healthy. He is no longer diabetic. He only needs blood pressure medication. He has lost almost 200lbs. I offered to buy him all new clothes. Even old concert T-shirts from Amazon. If he would only get into the wheelchair. I'm at a loss for what I can do, other than pray.
Shout, and tell him off, your being normal and he has depression and thinks it is all over, I honestly think he needs a kick up the back side,shout tell him, she won’t cope without him, that he needs to get up work his muscles stop feeling sorry for himself, I know they say cruel to be kind, easy to say dumb hard to do….but I think you have been the good guy and need to change track and give him a slapping figuratively, the hospital cannot get aggressive they’re get sued, his wife isn’t up to it, but the good friend you have and the money and tine you have invested appears to helping him wallow in the mud, he needs a good sharp talking to…..you can apologise if it works, and honestly you tried all the mr nice, you say you could be mean in the past, I think mean might be the only way forward now, but regardless do not walk away because I think the friendship you have extended him has shown us and you that you are a good person now and deserve credit for it,
fyi you could first check with the doctor if nervous if he sees any medical reason why you should not give him a hard time, tossing water at him might shock him, serious!
Regardless in my book you have been one seriously good friend,

I wish I had someone other than my other half who would show such loyalty, my youngest won my serious regard his dad managed to send him a msg after calling the ambulance and being left for hours (I was with someone with the same ringtone and as I never get calls and each time it rang she got her phone out and typed I thought it was her phone not mine -stupid cow I am - anyway my son told work his boss said go and grab my car it’s closer, he dropped everything to race to his dad, I will never forget that. Luckily it was a serious migraine causing severe vomiting possibly food poisoning but I arrived before my son or the a,balance and found myself locked out, now I never leave without my keys and have a new ringtone so I know it….I had never seen him in such a state, and he had appendicitis, which perforated and they had to take his insides out clean them and replace them, they said at that time he really was close to dying and straight fter the op in pain he is in his en-suite climbing into the bath trying to put his head out the window to smoke - he is 2 and half years cigarette free - which has helped my asthma no end. But cigarettes ruled his life for 4 decades. Anyway I never had a friend I could trust to watch my back, everyone I had gave me a major fail.

Last edited:
Welp.... the poor cat

Seems that the palatial pooping palace has been acting up lately. This thing senses when the cat is doing his thing inside. Waits 15 minutes, then rotated the big egg to drop the waste into the bin below. I only have to empty it once a week.

There is a drawer full sensor (DFI) that tells when the poo is piled too high. I couldn't clear the error code it was giving me, so I took the entire unit outside for its spring cleaning.

In the process of cleaning and troubleshooting, I discovered that there is a pinch sensor, two metal contacts that normally touch as part of the DFI sensor assembly. And that is all gunked up and needs a good clean and de-corroded
Screenshot 2023-04-15 at 3.26.45 PM.png
. That's *probably* the issue instead of the sensor.

But, I have to take the base soooooo far apart to get to those two metal contacts, I might as well put a new sensor harness in while I'm in there. $40 later, I'm just waiting on the UPS guy to show up later this week.

Cat is going to have to Poop Old School in the basic box until then.

Welp.... the poor cat

Seems that the palatial pooping palace has been acting up lately. This thing senses when the cat is doing his thing inside. Waits 15 minutes, then rotated the big egg to drop the waste into the bin below. I only have to empty it once a week.

There is a drawer full sensor (DFI) that tells when the poo is piled too high. I couldn't clear the error code it was giving me, so I took the entire unit outside for its spring cleaning.

In the process of cleaning and troubleshooting, I discovered that there is a pinch sensor, two metal contacts that normally touch as part of the DFI sensor assembly. And that is all gunked up and needs a good clean and de-corrodedView attachment 166609. That's *probably* the issue instead of the sensor.

But, I have to take the base soooooo far apart to get to those two metal contacts, I might as well put a new sensor harness in while I'm in there. $40 later, I'm just waiting on the UPS guy to show up later this week.

Cat is going to have to Poop Old School in the basic box until then.
At first glance I thought this was a "modern" version of spray booth/fume remover. At least I was half right. 💩💩🤣🤣

Shout, and tell him off, your being normal and he has depression and thinks it is all over, I honestly think he needs a kick up the back side,shout tell him, she won’t cope without him, that he needs to get up work his muscles stop feeling sorry for himself, I know they say cruel to be kind, easy to say dumb hard to do….but I think you have been the good guy and need to change track and give him a slapping figuratively, the hospital cannot get aggressive they’re get sued, his wife isn’t up to it, but the good friend you have and the money and tine you have invested appears to helping him wallow in the mud, he needs a good sharp talking to…..you can apologise if it works, and honestly you tried all the mr nice, you say you could be mean in the past, I think mean might be the only way forward now, but regardless do not walk away because I think the friendship you have extended him has shown us and you that you are a good person now and deserve credit for it,
fyi you could first check with the doctor if nervous if he sees any medical reason why you should not give him a hard time, tossing water at him might shock him, serious!
Regardless in my book you have been one seriously good friend,

I wish I had someone other than my other half who would show such loyalty, my youngest won my serious regard his dad managed to send him a msg after calling the ambulance and being left for hours (I was with someone with the same ringtone and as I never get calls and each time it rang she got her phone out and typed I thought it was her phone not mine -stupid cow I am - anyway my son told work his boss said go and grab my car it’s closer, he dropped everything to race to his dad, I will never forget that. Luckily it was a serious migraine causing severe vomiting possibly food poisoning but I arrived before my son or the a,balance and found myself locked out, now I never leave without my keys and have a new ringtone so I know it….I had never seen him in such a state, and he had appendicitis, which perforated and they had to take his insides out clean them and replace them, they said at that time he really was close to dying and straight fter the op in pain he is in his en-suite climbing into the bath trying to put his head out the window to smoke - he is 2 and half years cigarette free - which has helped my asthma no end. But cigarettes ruled his life for 4 decades. Anyway I never had a friend I could trust to watch my back, everyone I had gave me a major fail.
Jaz, since I was 22 and I found out I would be a father I've tried to put aside being mean. I'm too good at being mean. No son ever loved his mother more than me. But the truth is I was born a bastard, son of a bitch. Since I was 11 years old, I did my level best to live up to it. I took my anger out on anyone who gave me an excuse. My motto was "don't start no shit and there won't be none." Truth is, I wanted someone to start something, anything! I provoked more than a few.

I still overreact sometime. "Big Lou" as I was known as is always just below the surface. Behind my back preople called me "screwy Louie" becasue I was crazy mean. I had more enemies than friends. After all these years I can't be mean to my best friend. We have been through too much.

It's not in me anymore. Unless I get angry. At my worst I could not be mean to the elderly, children, women or the disabled. I guess I was trying to be a nasty John Wayne with a black hat. Black leather jacket in my case. I hung up that jacket many years ago.

I'll keep trying to encourage him, nudge him a little harder. I don't want to get angry with him.

Thank you for asking. I wish I had some good news.
Depression has settled in over them both. Willy is waiting for a second surgery so that he can be fitted with a prosthetic. The problem is he refuses to get out of bed. He won't sit in the wheelchair or even sit up in bed. The medical people won't/can't help him if he won't try to help himself.
He has not broken the phone, which is something good. He is healthy. He is no longer diabetic. He only needs blood pressure medication. He has lost almost 200lbs. I offered to buy him all new clothes. Even old concert T-shirts from Amazon. If he would only get into the wheelchair. I'm at a loss for what I can do, other than pray.
I can imagine that he really does not want to go through another surgery, it's bloody painful the first time, knowing what to expect from a second surgery does nothing to help, as well as the phantom pain you get from a limb you no longer have, but it's just the nerve endings, they sort of "twitch" on their on, beta blockers help, and it does fade eventually, but can take a year or two.

That he wont get out of the bed and at least use the wheelchair is not good news, as you've said, depression has set in, and it is hard to get over it, encouragement does help, I assume from what you've said you have spoken with his wife, is she visiting him ?

Sometimes only a tough stance will motivate someone.

I met a guy while I was in the hospital, double leg above knee amputation, everyone treated him with kid gloves, especially his wife and the nursing staff, he also wouldn't get off the bed, so I swore at him, called him a baby, etc. etc. made racial slurs, pretty much got him really angry at me, told him if he wanted to do something about it he knew which ward I was in, did this for about a week, really got up his nose, he would get angry as soon as he saw me wheel myself into his ward, but couldn't do anything about it as he wouldn't get off the bed, so started in at him as I had been doing, next thing I know he's in his wheelchair chasing me down the hospital corridor, he was very confused when I stopped and started laughing, till he realised that he was in a wheelchair, and I'd been doing it on purpose to get him out of bed, 6 months later he had two prosthetic legs and was walking with a stick, we've been friends ever since.

Jaz, since I was 22 and I found out I would be a father I've tried to put aside being mean. I'm too good at being mean. No son ever loved his mother more than me. But the truth is I was born a bastard, son of a bitch. Since I was 11 years old, I did my level best to live up to it. I took my anger out on anyone who gave me an excuse. My motto was "don't start no shit and there won't be none." Truth is, I wanted someone to start something, anything! I provoked more than a few.

I still overreact sometime. "Big Lou" as I was known as is always just below the surface. Behind my back preople called me "screwy Louie" becasue I was crazy mean. I had more enemies than friends. After all these years I can't be mean to my best friend. We have been through too much.

It's not in me anymore. Unless I get angry. At my worst I could not be mean to the elderly, children, women or the disabled. I guess I was trying to be a nasty John Wayne with a black hat. Black leather jacket in my case. I hung up that jacket many years ago.

I'll keep trying to encourage him, nudge him a little harder. I don't want to get angry with him.
Can’t blame you for your stance you found a good. Good place, after all these years you are there for him, all I can say is you have totally gone the extra mile, do not beat yourself up, you have have tried your best, a later comment talking over the phantom pain the knowing there is another surgery to suffer, hopefully in time he’ll cope, I know you said she can’t but his wife needs to step up, hopefully time will help them both.

Evening fellers. I hope everyone feels s doing well. Haven't been doing much since my last post. Made it down to the layout though. Running some trains and sipping coffee. Sounds like two good things in one package. Well at least for me anyways. The C&O historical society put out a new book here recently one of which I had to jump on. It's about my original true to my roots hometown. I don't claim it as I should because we moved away when I was still young.
IMG_20230415_083437928.jpg
Alderson, WV once known as Alderson ferry for the ferry crossing is where my grand parents lived. Also where my first memories of the Chessie C come into play. I used to watch the 4th of July parade from the Alderson depot. Great memories for sure. That's all I have for now. I'll stop by again when I get a chance.

<RANT>We must have interns working at the NWS. They called a severe thunderstorm warning for a radar indicated severe storm and there's nothing there. No lightning, hail, wind or even anything more that .02" of rain. I know I live in the largest county in Kansas and storms being called can be 40-50 miles away and moving away, but come on...<End RANT>

My dad used to roll us downhill in tires....Those were good years.

Very much aware of it. Thankfully there is no loss of human life. Dimmit is more than 5 hours drive from here, nearly 330 miles away. In your part of the world, that's 531 kilometers. My very first college roommate was from Dimmit TX.

Chrιstιαη

What happened to your original post??? The real story here is what to do with 18,000 dead cows!!!

<RANT>We must have interns working at the NWS. They called a severe thunderstorm warning for a radar indicated severe storm and there's nothing there. No lightning, hail, wind or even anything more that .02" of rain. I know I live in the largest county in Kansas and storms being called can be 40-50 miles away and moving away, but come on...<End RANT>

None of our storms have materialized yet either.

NWS has been consistently wrong here for 3-4 years now. The old-timers, in our case Harold Taft, were far more accurate. He did his own stuff and didn't rely on the NWS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back