Running Bear’s November 2021 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
TomO: Nice Tri-colored Cocker

No kinks, but the 6 wheeled E7's still don't like the switches. Seems they like to balance a little more on the center set of wheels and then the lifted lead wheel does whatever, causing a derail (Proto 2000 series). I did find that clipping the switch at an angle stopped a lot of other issues.

Still don't understand why the sectional track failed. May be due to flex track pulling it out?
What kind of track are you using and size (83,100) 6 axle engines don't like anything less than #6 switches.

I'm unsure why the new company would want to can people from a fresh takeover, with it being nigh on impossible to find help. It's also not like I'm breaking the bank, as far as wages and benefits. When I can get a job changing oil for the same money I'm making now, after 12 years, it doesn't make sense. Only thing I can maybe think of is the old regime is trying to make sure there's somebody to blame and save their own hide, if things go South after the official takeover date.
after 20 yrs at my position, my wage was only very slightly higher than the rookie brought in off the street

I'm unsure why the new company would want to can people from a fresh takeover, with it being nigh on impossible to find help. It's also not like I'm breaking the bank, as far as wages and benefits. When I can get a job changing oil for the same money I'm making now, after 12 years, it doesn't make sense. Only thing I can maybe think of is the old regime is trying to make sure there's somebody to blame and save their own hide, if things go South after the official takeover date.
Probably have other employees at different locations that need promotions. You leave, and jr tech guy moves to a new location and higher (for him/her) pay

Joe, how is the new laptop doing?
Terry: So far, so good. It's a Windows laptop, but it some things, such as this forum, work better than the old HP. There is not much pre-loaded garbage on it out of the box, and it's easier to hide some things I have no intention of using. I brought in my old Word Perfect office which works well. Had to change a few settings, plus remove the Windows 365 hardware, but everything is good so far. Now to get comfortable in my new surroundings.
To comment on the new ownership, at your place of employment. Sounds like they are trying to keep y'all off balance, until they get a feel for the place. They are aware of the labor market, and that it will be difficult for them to hire replacements at what they are willing to pay. So it's unlikely, that they will begin wholesale dismissals. In fact, it will be difficult to retain existing people under current conditions, without making it worthwhile for y'all to stay on. They are just hoping that y'all don't know this, and a fearful of losing your jobs.

Weather changed drastically, this afternoon, dropping from 63 to 43 in about 45". We also lost power for a tad over an hour, after the sky cleared.

Curt: Nice progress on the mine.

Karl: Great photo, photos like that are priceless.

PC 576104 11-13-2021.jpeg

New Tangent Gondola that arrived today.
PC 7618, PC 576104, PC 21753 11-13-2021.jpeg

Local awaiting clearance before going out to drill customer siding.
PRR_4242_HArrisburgPA_07161966WDV sm.jpg

Bill Volkmer Photo, 7-16-1966 Harrisburg, PA. Freshly painted and renumbered E7, ready for service. Note number light still displays old PRR road number 5842, while car body displays new number 4242 during 1966 renumbering. Also note trainphone was not removed for VHF radio at this time.

Bill Volkmer Photo, 7-16-1966 Harrisburg, PA. Freshly painted and renumbered E7, ready for service. Note number light still displays old PRR road number 5842, while car body displays new number 4242 during 1966 renumbering. Also note trainphone was not removed for VHF radio at this time.
That gives me a good excuse to not worry about changing the front number boards next time I want to change road numbers. Fortunately at MRL only the front ones are lit, so transfers will work at the rear. Found that out on one of the MRL FB pages from the guy who made and fitted them, when I asked.

Good morning. It's clear and 28.
Our subconscious does not listen when we tell it not to dwell on something, and after a series of increasingly distressing scenarios about events at my job were played out in dream form, I can assure you I'm fully awake now. Whether I want to be or not, and whether I think I should be worrying about things or not.

Good morning. It's clear and 28.
Our subconscious does not listen when we tell it not to dwell on something, and after a series of increasingly distressing scenarios about events at my job were played out in dream form, I can assure you I'm fully awake now. Whether I want to be or not, and whether I think I should be worrying about things or not.
I do that too...
Wife calls me a worry-wart, and tells me not to stress

Silly subconscious.

but, I'm also the type of person who pay attention to where the airplane exits are, how to get the inflatable life-vest out and inflated, etc. Planned and prepared is ready...

Good morning.... Found out yesterday that the train show people canceled the HO layout over tables. The last time they cut layouts out of the show people complained and their attendance dropped the next 2 shows. Money is tight for families and to take their money and not have trains for their kids to look at is a shame.
Coffee Flo, before I head to the train room.

It's going to take awhile, i.e. years before society and the supply chain is able to get back to where it was. Just in time supply chain will take even longer so we're going to see merchandize shortages for a long time. The more parts to a product, the longer the repair time. When people mess with a highly tuned system that they don't understand, sever damage is inflicted.
The upside though, we don't have those mean tweets anymore.

It's going to take awhile, i.e. years before society and the supply chain is able to get back to where it was. Just in time supply chain will take even longer so we're going to see merchandize shortages for a long time. The more parts to a product, the longer the repair time. When people mess with a highly tuned system that they don't understand, sever damage is inflicted.
The upside though, we don't have those mean tweets anymore.
257345995_263925079098316_86531457385181766_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back