Roster List?

kz9

Hey all,

So over the laast week or so I completed my inventory of all my equipment. After looking a it I realize I have a lot of stuff....:D

Now being as I am not really looking to sell it, I was wondering if there was any place where we can post a list of our equipment for other fellow modelers to view it and maybe possibly make offers for varoius pieces.

I mean there is a lot of pieces I would like to buy but can't seem to find that other may have or even I may have a piece that someone may want and maybe a deal can be struck.

Kinda like an online swap meet.....

Please discuss.....

I know that I will most likely be wanting to sell my UP, Conrail and NS motive power as I plan on not running them on my layout.

Last edited by a moderator:
See thats the thing. I have a hard time selling/letting things go.....

I was more thinking of somewhere that I could post my list and if there is something on there that someone needs, they could just make an offer.....

See thats the thing. I have a hard time selling/letting things go.....

I was more thinking of somewhere that I could post my list and if there is something on there that someone needs, they could just make an offer.....
Isn't that kinda the same as selling it?
Maybe just list your stuff in the classified section as "make an offer".

Ya I wasn't sure if I could just list my stuff as ''make an offer''. I thought the for sale rules were that I have to list prices.

Now the thing is that there is some stuff I don't want to sell, but if the offer is right, well I will but it has to be a GOOD offer.

This is what may bother people, and I don't want to do that.

I checked the F/S section again and I didn't see anything about pricing. Heck, if you wanted to trade I suppose you could do that to.

Kz9 I am not sure what you used for inventory/invoicing your locos and rolling stock but I thought to recommend MiTrains from shendoah software. I have been using it for 10 years now. Its a great program for valuation, status of the loco or rolling stock etc. I also use it for my JMRI programs. I also use the Waybill system that MiTrains offers with the program. Itt even incorporates photos of each item if you wish and does import/export to Excel sheet as well. Check it out for yourself.

http://www.shenware.com/index.html

here is a screen shot of my diesel loco roster....

by the way this program ...when you inventory your freight cars it uses the FRA/AAR designation. XM=box car FM=Flat car GB=gondola etc....

Last edited by a moderator:
Kz9 I am not sure what you used for inventory/invoicing your locos and rolling stock but I thought to recommend MiTrains from shendoah software. I have been using it for 10 years now. Its a great program for valuation, status of the loco or rolling stock etc. I also use it for my JMRI programs. I also use the Waybill system that MiTrains offers with the program. Itt even incorporates photos of each item if you wish and does import/export to Excel sheet as well. Check it out for yourself.

Checked it out as this is something that would help here; I currently have my HO and N rosters on Excel spreadsheets but I like the functionality of MiTrains. The only problem is I don't have a Windows computer - all my current computers are Macs of one form or another. Does anybody know of a similar program in OSX?

If I listed everything in both N & HO I have it would take a page: almost 60 in HO and 19 in N. A units, powered B units, steamers in HO and N (no steam in N though).

here is a screen shot of my diesel loco roster....

by the way this program ...when you inventory your freight cars it uses the FRA/AAR designation. XM=box car FM=Flat car GB=gondola etc....

is it a free program??

Back