Rocky Mountain Train Show this weekend in Denver

Snowman

I hope to attend both days myself, primarily hanging around the DeNtrak layout

And, assuming Mark Watson/Nick Husen show up again this year, around the Free-moN layout.

I'll be wearing my green and black sweater jacket and black (with yellow logo) "McGuckin Hardware" hat, so if anyone is there who might be in the mood to say hello and snap a selfie or two, look me up.

Hope to see some of you there.

I hope to attend both days myself, primarily hanging around the DeNtrak layout

And, assuming Mark Watson/Nick Husen show up again this year, around the Free-moN layout.

I'll be wearing my green and black sweater jacket and black (with yellow logo) "McGuckin Hardware" hat, so if anyone is there who might be in the mood to say hello and snap a selfie or two, look me up.

Hope to see some of you there.
Late update: I'm replying to my own post in order to kick it back up top again. I wouldn't do this, but for the fact that the RMTS opens about nine hours from now.

Unfortunately Mark Watson and his Free-moNebraska layout setup will not make it tomorrow, but there will, instead, be something from Colorado FreeMoN. I have no idea how extensive a setup these guys--or maybe just Nick Husen alone--will have to show, but I will certainly be spending some time there, as with the N-Trak group previously linked above.

Just FYI.

Enjoy the show
Yeah, and even though I pretty much haunted those two N-scale layouts, it was a good day. Picked up one handbook just as the time ran out too.

Going back tomorrow again, although I might wear a red golf jacket instead. Same hat though, black with yellow logo....

Nick Husen from Free-moNorthern CO (he's pretty much a one man band right now) brought three modules*

...and his coupled in with some others brought down from Oregon by Ed Jacobs.

Put together it ended up like this:

[* a "module," in Free-moN parlance does not mean a mere individual "section," each of which can be separated and moved alone, but instead refers to an entire group of such sections, all designed to fit together and then (possibly and usually) fit into and with other such modules to form a large layout. On this day, this group of sections and modules garnered quite a large interest.

At one point four trains, each second train following the first just ahead met at Nick's module "Troy MT.," which sported only a single, and only mid length passing siding. It was an interesting sequence that followed, involving a few saw-bys, in order to complete the double-double pass.

I didn't follow it all, but it wouldn't surprise me if one of the old, classic "0-5-0"** switchers was required to complete the move. :D

[** if you don't know what this refers to...the "0-5-0 switcher"...just ask. Most of the old steam-diesel heads here would know, I think.]

----------

Hardly the biggest layout, yes, but for just two guys, it's pretty good, and more than I expected to see once I learned Mark Watson would not be there.

The Denver N-Trak crew put together some new stuff too--expanded maybe half as much again as before, so between the two, it was enough to keep me moving back and forth just between those two all day.

Also good to see some of the guys--the builders--moving back and forth to appreciate what their fellow N-scale compatriots of the other persuasions had built. Always good for the hobby, that.

Meteor strike aside...or car failure...I plan to go back again tomorrow.

Even if I don't make it, if you are there yourself, look these guys up and say hello. They are good gents, and you'll be glad you did.

1680444933585.png

Last edited:

Back