RMC February issue is shipping late

stokesda

My other car is a 4-8-4
I just called Carsten's to ask about the Feb issue, because I hadn't received it yet (normally I get it in the first week or so of the month). The lady I spoke to said they had a problem and were shipping late. It should be out in the next couple of days, so expect delivery within the next week or so.

Just in case you hadn't received your copy yet and were wondering...

I wonder what kind of problem? There have been persistent rumors that Carsten's is in financial trouble. I hope that's not the cause.

I saw the issue in the local Wal-Mart last Saturday, haven't received my subscription copy yet.

UPDATE: Not 15 minutes after posting this message, my copy arrived in today's mail! Mail has been later in the past few days due to local winter conditions.

Last edited by a moderator:
whats in this issue? will have stop at local store to see if they have it since barnes and noble by me doesn't carry it.

whats in this issue? will have stop at local store to see if they have it since barnes and noble by me doesn't carry it.

Modeling the Altoona & DeWitt RS-3m---Frank Czubryt's Denver Union Terminal RR (O Scale)---Cobleskill Coal CO (rural NY)---Scratchbuilding windows --- Erie's Marion Diesel Shop - Part 2--- model diesel facilities---Essential Freight Cars - UP ACR box cars---Changing a Bachmann ON30 2-8-0.etc..

February issue?
I still haven't got the January issue. After my November issue arrived end that month, the December issue was in time (first week of Dec.).
Usually shipping to oversea takes a week or so (experiences with other magazines).
But now with January almost gone without it....
Contacted them several times via email without any answer - since I'm almost deaf and English not my mother-tongue phoning is a no-way for me.

After half a year of my subscription with running after two issues I start to regret have made a three year (oversea-)subscription.

try to keep the faith...
Norman

Honestly, as far back as I can remember (and that's a long way!) RMC has periodically experienced difficulties sticking to their publication schedule. I've seen the magazine out early in the first week of the month preceeding the cover date...and well into the third week of the month. So...nothing new likely to be going on here.

NYW&B

very odd ship schedules..
here in canada they use a remailer service...

got my jan issue yesterday,
got my feb issue today..

go figure...

maybe tomorrow the mar issue will show?? :)

Back