Real MOdel Railroaders Open House 11/7/09-11/8/09

ST214

Real Model Railroaders in Worcester,MA will be having an open house on November 7th and 8th...

Our website is www.realmodelrailroaders.org

We are located at 70 James St. in Worcester,MA 01603.

You can call Kevin at 508-410-4902...if no answer, please leave a message!

Come see our layout as we open our doors to the public. We will have lots of trains running on our 40' x 60' HO scale layout. We will also be having a membership drive. Admission is $3.00, kids under 12 are free.Come on by and see RMR!

Last edited by a moderator:
Your link to your club doesn't work. Correct me if I am wrong here. As I understand it, and Open House:

–noun
1. a party or reception during which anyone who wishes may visit to share in a celebration, meet a special guest, etc.
2. a time during which a school, institution, etc., is open to the public for exhibition or for some specific occasion.
3. a house hospitably open to all friends who may wish to visit it.

And your charging an admission fee? Seems to defeat the purpose of an Open House. Just my 2 cents worth.

Link has been fixed....put .com should have been .org:eek:

Most clubs charge open house admission....it's a way for the club to raise extra money for additions and such. We are in the process of a large addition right now. $3.00 is not that bad...we actually lowered the rate due to the bad economy. Last open house was $5.00. Another club in Central Mass is charging $7.00 for admission to their open house, so i don't think $3.00 is all that bad.

I can see both sides of the issue. A very large club I used to belong to charged admission to our twice yearly layout show but we didn't call it an open house. We had one "open house" a year where we invited any model railroaders to visit, check out the layout, and think about joining the club, all without charge. Just no kids and you had to have a serious interest in model railroading. I think that's the difference Jerome was pointing out. You are really having a layout show and that normally is not an effective way to attract new members.

Back