Rattle cans

Another rattle can tip is rotating the nozzle. Many Krylon cans now come with rotatable nozzles set to spray a vertical stream. Rotating the nozzle one quarter turn to spray a horizontal stream makes it easier to spray something like track.

Check the nozzle to see if it is molded as one piece (the old familiar nozzle) or if it is 2 or more pieces. New ones may rotate.

When you wear out the tip on a paint pen you can pull out the felt tip & turn it around & it gives a new end to use on your track. At least most pens you can do that with. try it.
I tried paint pens on my track & I used up about 6 of them in a short time. To be able to do over 600 ft. of track I figured it wasn't worth using paint pens, now, I only use paint brushes. I take a brush w/long bristles & cut the bristles in half w/a pair of sharp scissors. Works a lot better on metal. I use the cheap brushes that you buy in a 10 pack for a buck at most Dollar Stores. I also do the same thing w/a brush for painting hand rails on engines.

Back