Rain Gutters for HO Buildings?

I've never seen any....since my layout is in South Texas, we don't really have need of any.....but it's a great question and I'm looking forward to seeing some answers.

in theory, I would think the gutters could be represented by sorta-square styrene with a groove or even just a dark line to represent the open top. Edge-glueing a pair of L strips might be a bit tedious and I'm not sure you can find them small enough (4-6" in width after assembly). Round gutters would be easier from split round tubing but i don't see round gutters too often.

The downpipes would be easy using brass wire bent to fit and painted.

I am using Plastruct .040 solid round plastic tubing for down spouts. I bend one end with a pair of needle nose pliers that have smooth gripping edges. I turn it up slightly and then cut to length. I initially used Pikestuff, but found that they were sometimes too short and thin and stopped about six scale feet from the ground.

Since I scratch build my own structures, when I cap the roof the downspout hangs inside the roof fasica.

IMG_0003-2.jpg

IMG_0001-1.png

I use the plastic sprues off kit buildings. Also, have some small aluminum 1/16th welding rods that I use to use w/my Tig welder. They are real easy to bend. Also, you can use brass welding rods from torch welding which you can get at any Auto Parts store or Home depot or hardware store or Tractor Supply. I also use some silicon bronce square rods that I had left over from an art job.

Larry

I use .100" half-round for gutters and .100" round for downspouts, both styrene. Scale and shape looks OK to me.

Back