Railroad Model Craftsman - April Issue??

Would Carsten's also happen to publish the magazine "Railfan & Railroad"? I have subscriptions to both RMC & R&R, but neither have come in awhile.

Well, I guess that would explain why I haven't seen a train magazine show up in my mailbox for sometime now.:D Oh well, at least I know it's coming.

So's Easter and the next ice age. I wonder if/when the May issue will show up - 4th of July? Still haven't gotten mine. Isn't this the same sort of thing that happened with Model Railroading magazine before they were sold and ultimately closed shop? Sorry to be a bit bitter.

So's Easter and the next ice age. I wonder if/when the May issue will show up - 4th of July? Still haven't gotten mine. Isn't this the same sort of thing that happened with Model Railroading magazine before they were sold and ultimately closed shop? Sorry to be a bit bitter.

I think that would be Railroad Modeler. I think all businesses are at risk today and model railroad magazines are not immune. Carsten's is a private company so it's impossible to ascertain their real financial condition but the late publication and delivery of their magazines is not a good sign.

I think that would be Railroad Modeler. I think all businesses are at risk today and model railroad magazines are not immune. Carsten's is a private company so it's impossible to ascertain their real financial condition but the late publication and delivery of their magazines is not a good sign.
Model Railroading magazine was the original that got so messed up as regards issue cover dates and delivery of magazines to shops and customers. They eventually had to just give up and not print a couple of issues to get back on track - got them in a bunch of trouble.

But good news - I got my April subscription issue today! And only 2 weeks late (at least). Any bets on when the May issue will be in our hands?

RMC posted somewhere that they are condensing the magazine production schedule to get back in sync during the course of the year.

Oh, I get what you mean now, Jack. There was a magazine called Railroad Modeler that went belly up a few years ago and stuck the subscrbers with their paid subscriptions and no magazine. I remember the MR fiasco. That was quite a few years ago. I still think RMC is having more problems than just a production schedule.

I think it would be nice and very customer friendly if they would post a statement on thier website about what happened and when issues will be available.

Its going to be obvious to subscribers and to those who buy on the news stands that the issue is late, so why not put it on the website and tell customers when it will be out?

I finally found one today at the Little Choo Choo shop, I don't know if B&N has recieved any yet or not. And I am still amazed at the one Hobbytown USA store in Mooresville NC that had never even heard of RMC!

Well, it seems a bit more proper for an April edition magazine to be circulated in April. The other mag had their May edition out at the end of March.

Well, it seems a bit more proper for an April edition magazine to be circulated in April. The other mag had their May edition out at the end of March.
Circulated in April for an April issue, yes, but subscriptions are generally sent out and in our grubby little hands the month before cover date. That's part of the appeal for a subscription (and the slightly cheaper price).

Circulated in April for an April issue, yes, but subscriptions are generally sent out and in our grubby little hands the month before cover date. That's part of the appeal for a subscription (and the slightly cheaper price).

Wish I could by the WSJ or the Daily Racing Form that way.

Back