Railraod engineer magic

NYC_George

Railroad engineer magic

My brother stopped over on Christmas and handed me this news paper clipping. I forgot all about it. In 1977 when I worked for Conrail one day after I arrived at Grand Central the engineer road foreman sent word he wanted to see me in his office. When I got there he said can you do some magic for this girl. I said, What! I don’t really have a whole lot of things on me that I can do magic with. Maybe if you had some cards. I do a few card tricks. The photo below was taken that day and every one on the railroad asked me all about it. You can tell I'm getting old I edited 3 times for type O's.

NYC_George

Last edited by a moderator:
I spent most of my lay over hours at Tannen’s Magic right at the intersection of Times Square, New York City. That’s how I got into magic.
One time for one reason or another I pulled 11 cars by Purdy’s station platform. When the conductor stepped off the train he radioed me and said, The Amazing Swal you’re a better magician than I thought you made Purdy’s disappear.

NYC_George

George, I tried to learn some card tricks one time before I discovered I had no actual talent for such things. Interesting article but even more interesting picture. How old do you feel looking at that now? :)

Jim this is the first year I felt old. I was cleaning the track a few days ago and had to duck under the layout a few times. Those duck unders can make you feel real old.

NYC_George

That's real cool. I was a working magician for many years and still have all my stuff and still do some close-up stuff when the band is on breaks. Most places we play are begining to expect it so I have to keep up on stuff. I also use to own a magic shop. If you need to know any simple stuff let me know...LOL...But I can't "poof"...My layout is done!!

Back