Quick Loco Identification

catnippertom

That Oregon Guy
20240427_165151.jpg
20240428_190247.jpg

I am just looking for a quick loco identification for my classification purposes. I have a good idea of what they are but I wanted to confirm with the "experts" in the field. The first pic is all Athearn and the second is a crappy Bachmann. I don't need help identifying the caboose😂 I just picked up this lot and want to get it in my system.

Actually the top one is known in ATSF nomenclature as a Dash9-44CW, or a C44-9W. The red/yellow warbonnet with the shortened SF, is an example of the aborted SPSF merger paint scheme. SPSF - Shouldn't Paint So Fast.

The bottom two diesels in the first picture; can you turn them over a bit to see more on top? If they have wider hood just before the radiator area, then they are C-boats.

Actually the top one is known in ATSF nomenclature as a Dash9-44CW, or a C44-9W. The red/yellow warbonnet with the shortened SF, is an example of the aborted SPSF merger paint scheme. SPSF - Shouldn't Paint So Fast.
I misread what he posted. For some reason I thought it was a Bachmann, and they only produced dash 8s.

Back