Proto 2000 S1 - Body removal?

jmupton2000

John M Upton
Just picked up a cheap Proto 2000 Alco S1:
20240411_001506.jpg

It's a non runner (was advertised as such) but I have always been pretty good at getting these things going again, just one problem, can't work out how to get the body off!

Any ideas anyone? Or indeed a link the official exploded diagram if possible?

I kind of, sort of, remember removing the cab, then removing a screw on top of the hood inside where the cab was. Then, lift off the back, and push forward slightly so the clip on the front will disengage from the frame. But it's been probably two decades since I did this...

Just picked up a cheap Proto 2000 Alco S1:
View attachment 185793
It's a non runner (was advertised as such) but I have always been pretty good at getting these things going again, just one problem, can't work out how to get the body off!

Any ideas anyone? Or indeed a link the official exploded diagram if possible?

From the interwebs:

Certainly! Disassembling a Proto 2000 Alco S1 can be a rewarding project. Let’s break it down:

1. Body Removal:
    • To access the internals, you’ll need to remove the body shell. Here are some steps:
      • Locate the screws: Look for screws securing the body to the chassis. These are usually hidden under the fuel tank or other details.
      • Remove the screws: Use an appropriate screwdriver to carefully remove these screws.
      • Lift off the shell: Gently lift the body shell upwards, being mindful of any delicate parts or wires.
      • Disconnect any wires: If necessary, disconnect any wires connecting the shell to the chassis.

Back