Printable Stuff

Dougget

Okay, I've seen printable brick and stone walls, printable signs, and printable building facades. Can anyone point me to a printable riverbed?

The tendency is to make water blue. But, I've never seen a blue river. Usually some brownish/green color depending on the depth, season, etc.

I'm no artist, so bring able to use a printed river bed would be ideal. I can always touch it up and blend colors.

Thanks,
Doug

Never seen anything like that, Doug, but painting the bottom of riverbed is really easier than you think. Use black or very dark blue for the deepest part and lighter shades of brown, feathering them together until you get to the riverbank. Put a few small pebbles and a couple of twigs that will look like logs on the bottom and then add your water surface.

The other thing is that almost anything that you use for your water surface would ruin paper anyway so it's time to give it a try the old fashioned way. I think you'll be surprised that it will come out pretty good. If I can do it, anyone can. :)

Hey Doug,
Try this link CGtextures .

I found a lot of uses from this site. I find it invaluable. There is a section for water, not sure about a riverbed though.

Back