Printable buildings or storefronts?

Augy

I am building an N scale layout for a Christmas gift to my young boys (and me!). I have most of the layout complete but only about 3 buildings. Due to time and money contraints, I'd like to fill in the voids temporarily with cardstock buildings. Ideally, a city block long image rather than individual buildings to fill out the "town". I've searched but can't find anything that looks like it would work. Any ideas? Thanks!

Do you have a Books a Million or a Barnes & Noble book store close to you? If so, check the hobby & crafts section & sometimes they have the punch out cardboard buildings.
Also, check your Dollar Tree's for the plaster cast buildings.

Larry

Thanks for the tips. I'll stop by the local B&N and a couple of the "dollar" stores to see what I can find.

RCH, Thanks for that website note. I down loaded the free pdf (small goods store) and built it last weekend during a snowstorm. It came out very nice.

I did the same. It is very nice model considering it's made of paper and my skills in that area aren't going to win any awards.

BTW, following some links I found another free demo at http://www.papercreek.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
Great links, guys, thanks for taking the time to add them. Phillip, those brick textures are exactly what I've been looking for as a guide to weathering my brick streets.

Last edited by a moderator:
These are fantastic...just what I needed. I am finding that it takes almost as long to assemble these as it does plastic kits!

Back