Preferred adhesive or cement

drolmaeye

Finally underway
Okay, track laid, wiring done, first structure (plastic kit) came in the mail today. Kibri 38530 DEMAG container crane.

Anyone care to recommend a bonding strategy (brand, thickness, application method, etc.)? Last time I assembled a plastic kit was about 25 yrs ago and I used Testors plastic cement in a metal tube (still available today, I am guessing) but I am looking for alternative recommendations.

I think most folks find that liquid cement makes for a cleaner job. The tube stuff can leave unsightly globs even when you are trying your best to avoid them. I just use the Testors liquid and a fine brush.

The tube stuff does work for some jobs, usually where there is no chance it will show. Super glue comes in handy sometimes also.

Depends on you. I use Testor's liquid cement, Faller Expert, which is a gel in a bottle with a pinpoint applicator, Tenax and ACC in both liquid and gel form. I haven't used the old "airplane glue" since I was a kid.

Hey Everyone!

Has anybody tried the new Krazy Glue with the applicator brush? it goes on purple then dries clear and I can't see a trace of it after it dries.

I have only used it on some household repairs, ceramics and plastic. Worked great, but I have yet to try it on a model.

So far I think its great and it does not dry up or glue the lid closed. I have had mine for just over a month.

I use Loctite for most things. I've been using it for years and I'm very satisfied. For very small plastic parts I use Testors Liquid or Hypocement. For wood I use TiteBond. For paper, fabric and some small wood parts I use Arleen's Tacky Glue. For parts that might get bumped or scenery I use GE Clear Silicone.

Back