Plans for OO9 Layout Based On the Ffestiniog & Welsh Highland Railways :D.

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

NGG16 Garrat

Let's Ride The Rails
Hi, my name is Nick, but you can call me NGG16 Garrat. I'm making a nice little OO9 Welsh-Based Narrow Gauge Layout called the By-ghlon Churchill Railway :). I'm gonna have 17 different coaches, Welsh Highland Railway Beyer-Peacock Class NG/G-16 Garrat Locomotive No. 87 *Builder Number* a bunch of scenic areas, stations, halts, & a port. The track I'm using is PECO OO9 Track with both nickel silver & insulated plastic rail joiners plus the usual railway tie nails, the train table for this will be quite sized, but I hope to upload some pictures for you guys to see it :). My room will be where it is once everything is done :).

Last edited by a moderator:

Bruette

Hi NGG16 Garrat,

Sounds like you have detailed plans and ideas for your railroad. I wish you well.

I look forward to the pictures.

Welcome to the forum!

Louis

NGG16 Garrat

Let's Ride The Rails
Thanks, also I'm actually getting the Garratt No. 138 made, actually I can't make up my mind. I might just end up making no. 87 but then again, no. 138 is in a nice livery but so is no. 87 :L. *Edit* NVM I'ma have No. 138 made :). I'll have to solder the coaches & locomotive though, thankfully I still have my solder & soldering iron from last year, now I just need the flux, helping hands bit, & de-soldering pump from Radio Shack :). I'm also getting the Backwoods Miniatures Double Ended Fairlie and I'm gonna use it as David Lloyd George, I also plan to add the Ex-Penrhyn Quarry Mainline Class Hunslet, Blanche.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeremiaha Austin

North to the Future
Nick,
Do you need any more rolling stock? I have some kits that I'd like to sell.

Hon30 / 009
Loco Body Kits
1. Langley Models Festiniog Double Ended Fairlie Loco No. 11 0-4-4-0 with chassis and Kato motor $40
View attachment 43494
2. Gem Models Mountaineer 2-6-2 body only $20
View attachment 43495
3. Peco Vari Body Kit 0-6-0 with powered chassis boiler but will be included $35
View attachment 43496View attachment 43497
4. Chivers Quarry Locomotive Avonside 'Elidir' 0-4-0 Tank Loco body only $20

5. Roco Plymouth Diesel - Motor is shot but cosmetically in great shape $19

6. Roco 0-4-0 in parts not shown $10

Freight Car Body Kits
7. Prarkside Dundas (caboose) $5

8. Prarkside Dundas Snail Beach and District Hoppers – three for $15

9. Prarkside Dundas Outside Braced (box car) 4-Wheel two for $10

10. Prarkside Dundas Sliding Door (box car) – one plus parts to do two more for $15

11. Prarkside Dundas 3 Plank (gondola) – one plus parts to do two more for $15

12. Prarkside Dundas Flat 4-Wheel for $5

Passenger Cars
13. Prarkside Dundas Freelance 2 Compartment 4 Wheel Coach - have three for $15

14. Nine Lines Four Wheel Coach – Set of three for $20

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.