pictures of train yards

h44

hello does anyone have pictures of train yards of any size they can post? tonight i will put some pics of the local Norfolk Southern yards in central Pa
ty
mark

Here's one I have:

smithstreetyardforruger.jpg

Here are a couple shots of the BNSF yard in Sioux Falls, SD, from March '98. It's a smaller yard, well off the main lines.

I also have quite a few shots of the buildings around this yard.

Train yards prove heavy industry, manufacturing, transportation, business, energy, commerce, profit, success, freedom and liberty are beautiful, priceless, and wonderful things. I love train yards! :) Woe to those who would diminish these wonders.

Last edited by a moderator:
train yards prove heavy industry, manufacturing, transportation, business, energy, commerce, profit, success, freedom and liberty are beautiful, priceless, and wonderful things. I love train yards! :) woe to those who would diminish these wonders.

AMEN! I miss the old Potomac Yard (Alexandria, VA)

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a rather interesting yard. The hump appears to go over a major highway. And there is a spot with a double crossover, crossing, and wye all smooshed into a tight space south west of the hump yard tracks.

it's not a major highway but it is a major thoroughfare. The hump for Englewood Yd (ex SP) goes over the road, and that road in almost the same place, crosses the yard lead for yet another yard (Settegast, ex-MoPac).

more here: http://www.railroadforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15377&highlight=englewood+yard

That's a rather interesting yard. The hump appears to go over a major highway. And there is a spot with a double crossover, crossing, and wye all smooshed into a tight space south west of the hump yard tracks.

The hump goes over a double track main (HB&T), a highway and a stream/river/bayou.

Obscured under the interstate just north of the yard is tower 87 where the SP main crosses the HB&T main. If you follow the HBT north you will find Settegast yard, the HBT/MP/UP yard. If you follow the HBT south there will the PTRA yard, a joint facility of most of the railroads in Houston.

Back