Paper Buildings

The only thing I can see about these paper buildings is the cost of printing them on your printer which is quite expensive. Over the years I have found the measurements of most buildings that I use in the Walthers or some other catalog & just marking that on my train table.
I printed about 50 background buildings off a CD about 2 years ago & the cost was staggering. It took 4 color cartridges & about 4 nites of my time.
The cost for 4 carts. was about $140.00 plus the cost of the CD which was $29.95. It wasn't worth it.

Larry

Humm, good points I had not thought about. So black and white would have to do, if I decide to get it. Any other thoughts???

You can get paper buildings for free off the net - no need to pay this guy 10 bucks for them. There are a lot at http://www.ss42.com/pt-buildings.html and you'll find more by searching google ofr free paper building models. The nice thing about the paper models is you can use any size model and get to the correct dimensions using Word.

I agree with Larry about printing in color though. It can get mighty expensive. Just doing black and white on cardstock to give you an idea of the space you'll be filling up isn't that expensive and you'll get a 3-d look at what you're planning.

Back