Panel Pro Questions

Anybody know of a video showing the Bronze screen in operation? I just watched a video on make a drawing and one of a loco running around a track, but I'm not impressed at all for the amount of money they charge.

What would you like to see for the money?

Shoot, I just ordered 3 DS64 stationary decoders.
I did not know about the SE8C. Where do they hide this stuff?

I started with Digitrax equipment for turnouts, signals, etc until a long time user of TC introduced me to the RR-CirKits product line.

A well thought out, versatile, cost effective and easy to install system.

The web site, however, is primitive but don't let that put you off. They know what they are doing when it comes to electronics design and manufacturing.

Highly Recommended.

http://www.rr-cirkits.com/

Something better than I have now with Panel Pro. You know it doesn't really make any difference because I'm happy with what I got

That doesn't really help us understand what you think TC needs to do differently. Much of what TC does is not going to be visible in introductory video.

Sleeper,

Have been following along trying to work out what this thread is really about. Is it about a problem you have with Panel Pro? Is it a thread about the differences between Panel Pro and TC? Or is it a thread about bashing one or the other?

Regardless of the above, if you are happy and have success with what you have then that is all that really matters. Stay with what you have BUT, I'd also suggest that you take a look at the new Panel Pro as well, just as comparison. Either way, if what you have works for you then what else is there to say?

That doesn't really help us understand what you think TC needs to do differently. Much of what TC does is not going to be visible in introductory video.
I'm just curious as to why anybody would pay that much money. My servos operate my turnouts just fine and I even have routes set up to move trains through my yard. I have actual photos of all my locals that are displayed on my screen in case I forget the road number. And there wasn't any problem drawing the layout because I just converted it from XtrkCad. No big deal.

Here is a short video using TCG for total control of the layout. It runs the turnouts, signals, and the trains without operator intervention to prevent a collision. Bronze would look identical on the screen but it is limited in how some things are accomplished.

[video=youtube_share;Bs1IUwLGNpc]http://youtu.be/Bs1IUwLGNpc[/video]

Ok Thanks Jerry that's all I wanted to see. I was just wondering if it was something that I might want is all. I hope I didn't offend anybody because that was not my intention.

Tony, $139.00 for Bronze.
$429.00 for Silver.
$649.00 for Gold.

BTW Tony, I forget what this thread was about. :p:confused:

I will say that even for the price I don't have a giant headache working with Bronze.
Tony, If you want to start automating your layout, you may want to look at Bronze.
It appears to have a very fairly learning curve.

If you have your hardware setup and ready to roll you could set up Bronze in less than 2 hours or so.
Depending on how many cigarettes and coffee breaks you take. SEVERAL for me.

If anyone is having a problem with PanelPro just ask, the more information that is out there the more people will know. The documentation is not perfect, and some things are not intuitive, so if you are getting stuck just ask.

Well since you probably have a good understanding of JMRI does PanelPro (or whatever most closely matches TC) have the equivalent of TC Schedules and/or Timetables?

Thanks.

Jerry,

I'm assuming your post was for me and your right - wiring for me is very frustrating but I have stuck with it and am improving, I think :confused:

Probably a better analogy for me would have been to compare JMRI with my Digitrax and TC with my NCE, but I take your point. To be honest, I have JMRI with Panel Pro where as I have never heard of TC. I haven't played with JMRI that much but it is a little confusing to me. That isn't to say that this TC would be any easier for me.

The thing that I do find incredible though is the price. Both evidently do the same thing, or very close to the same thing, yet one is a 'free download' while the other demands a fairly steep price just for the base version. Why would anyone take a chance spending that amount money on something if they were just learning it when a free program is available? I don't get it myself.

Anyway, I'm not trying to persuade anyone into using anything - it is entirely up to the individual and if Sleeper is happy with what he is using then good luck to him. All I know is that when the time comes for me to try to automate my layout, I will be using the free stuff - JMRI, especially as there is someone here who is intimately familiar with the program and willing to help anyone having issues.

Swings and roundabouts, is a popular phrase used when things can achieve the same result via different methods. It stems from when you go to the playground you can have fun whether you go on the swings, or on the roundabout - while the swing is very different to the roundabout

OK that helps. But here in the US a roundabout is a circular vehicle intersection. We don't put them in playgrounds. :D

This thread gave me DEJA VU. TC still has a learning curve, if you want to take that direction go, but for me JMRI gives me total creative control. You really have to fiddle around with it to learn its precociousnesses, as programmers may put something in and not "manualize" it. It WILL do what you need. but YOU have to work it. I have a signal bridge using tricolor single lamp LED targets with multi-head indications using the digtrax signal system...it works with the turnouts and the indications I wanted and could experiment. The indicator builder can be detailed to use, but its highly flexible to what YOU want to use. Give it some time you will get more adept in working JMRI. There is also a JMRI Yahoo group.

OK that helps. But here in the US a roundabout is a circular vehicle intersection. We don't put them in playgrounds. :D

Maybe we should! Then maybe they'll keep there pants up, as I'm pretty sure dodging a fast moving Chrysler with them around there ankles can't be easy!

Back