Painted backdrop

Charles Smiley

cspmovies
There are some angles of photography on my layout that need a temporary hanging backdrop. This view of the farm is one of them. So A piece of 1/8th inch tempered Masonite of 5-ffet by 3-feet tall was painted up and hung from the ceiling with light brass chain to help make this shot.

I plan on painting a series of these but with more detailed landscapes this winter. For now this one is just distant, troubled sky using flat-finish Benjamin Moore white, gray and blue paint mixed at OSH into quart cans.

FARM-VIEW-14-1-SMALL.jpg

better angle

FARM-VIEW-14-3-s.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I dunno, if I were the farmer, I'd be checking the weather forecast, and keeping an eye on those clouds! In the Midwest, that could be a precursor for a tornado! ;) Seriously, great backdrop. I've been using pre-printed ones, for lack of time to create my own, and they are nothing like that!

Last edited by a moderator:
Look for the witch riding a bicycle! It's better than a weathervane.

I tamed the sky and put nice puffy clouds on the Masonite sheet and put a bunch of hills and a likeness of Mt. Diablo on the thing today. It's a start. It still needs lots of tweaking to make it look like I want. It's 5x3 feet and a lot to paint in a weekend.

FARM&MOUNTAIN-1-S.jpg

Charles that's awesome, can I send you some Masonite to paint for me! [emoji1]

Looks great, thanks for sharing.
Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back