Paint Stripping

goscrewyourselves

I'm the one
After years (literally) of looking for something that works as a paint stripper for trains, I finally found one -

Carby Cleaner - specifically Gum Out!

Strips acrylic paint on contact and factory paint with a bit of scrubbing with a stiff tooth brush after letting it soak for about 15 minutes. Fast, fairly cheap and very effective requiring very little effort.

After years (literally) of looking for something that works as a paint stripper for trains, I finally found one -

Carby Cleaner - specifically Gum Out!

Strips acrylic paint on contact and factory paint with a bit of scrubbing with a stiff tooth brush after letting it soak for about 15 minutes. Fast, fairly cheap and very effective requiring very little effort.
So, no damage to the plastic?

Not so far BUT, once all the paint is off of it - I douse it in alcohol to clean all the residue etc off. I'll post up a pic of the results in a little while :)

Hmm - update - left the car in the cleaner too long - about an hour too long as it has begun softening the plastic. This does work, you just need to keep an eye on it and make sure you clean the Carby Cleaner off within I'd say 15 minutes.

Back