Paint stripper info...

jbaakko

Diesel Detail Freak
Sadly, the ONLY stripper I could find locally was Scale Coat's Wash Away.

I've learned (from experience) that it SHOULD NOT be used on Kato. It'll make Kato shells brittle. I'm going to have to switch to Easy Lift Off (after ordering it) for any further Kato stripping.

Josh, I thought you used alcohol or Pine-Sol? You're not the first to have problems with stripping Kato shells, which seem to made from some different kind of plastic than most model shells.

I stick to Pine-sol & 91% Isopropyl, but Kato has a STRONG paint, have to change up the game for Kato shells. Sadly, I can't even take the easy way out and get an Undec F40PH, because, if they did make them, they're mostly gone now (never found one myself).

I use Scalecoat II stripper on Katos all the time with out any problems. I've never stripped an F40 with it, so maybe it is a different plastic on that model.

It only damaged the Dynamic Brake piece and the rear platform, which are fairly thin. It sure took a HECK of a long time to do its thing too!

Thanks Harold, I'll get me a bottle of that too.

I bought the last bottle of Chameleon paint stripper in my area (Minn/St Paul, MN).
I called all of the major and some of the smaller shops and noone had any instock and were saying it might be 2-4 months before they would see any.

I checked with Walter's and they have a indefinate back order on just about all paint strippers.

Good luck

Back