One A Day

Erfurter Bahn Service Br.232 hauling freight

1714238719725.png

The above shot was taken with a brand new Nikon Zfc many months ago and I hadn't quite found the right settings yet for controlling depth of field. I wasn't really happy with the tight focus spot of this shot, and in fact, not much in this photo is in perfect focus, including the focus point.

I've since stopped using auto-focus on this camera and results have improved. There are so many different AF settings on this camera, I'm never quite sure which one to use, and those I have tried, still seem to not get the focus point I'm looking for in composing a photo.

I also recently picked up a mint condition Canon A-1 like I had many years ago to try some film shooting. I'm waiting on my first test roll to come back from the lab.

I also bought a lens adapter to go from Nikon's Z mount to Canon's FD lenses for some more variety. I have four different Canon FD lenses, but for model photography, it seems the best lens to use is the 24mm f2.8 lens.

The Paper Mill renovations start tomorrow. I will be doing a SantaFe Willie. All buildings are coming off and cleaned, new ballast and a new backdrop was just ordered. I have been debating changing the colors to the white and blue shown on the Biomass building in the left corner. Combined the walls are 23’

IMG_5448.jpeg

Back